Total War: Three Kingdoms

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score
TotalWarThreeKingdoms.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-three-kingdoms-heads-to-ancient-china-later-this-year/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/779340/Total_War_Three_Kingdoms/

In November, Creative Assembly discussed the direction of its historical games—teasing scant information on what would become series spin-off Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, Rome 2's Empire divided DLC, and a then unnamed "brand new era" in the process.
Now, the developer has unveiled Total War: Three Kingdoms, which visits ancient China for the first time and is due later this year.
Set in 190CE, Three Kingdoms sees China in turmoil wherein Dong Zhuo's oppressive regime is gaining pace, and the Han Dynasty empire is at war with itself.

This is like a dream come true for me. Total War has been my go to since its inception. Three Kingdoms is one of my absolute favorite periods in history. I always wanted them to do this and I never thought they actually would, even when their games were purely historical focused, but now post Warhammer, I know they're going to do an insane job with this.

I hope we don't see a historical China, but a folklore China. I want to see Kongming out there with his mechanical Ox and shit. Lu Bu soloing entire armies. And riverboat combat!

SO EXCITE.

That will be my first RTS purchase in ten years.

I'm a huge Romance of the three kingdoms fan.

I think the Japanese games do this better than TW can.

Also TW aren’t RTS games. They have turn strategy and paussable battles.

Go take your pedantry and negativity somewhere else.

This thread is a celebration.

This game will be better than any of the copy pasting KOEI does every year for the past 20 years.

You heard it here first.

Go take your pedantry and negativity somewhere else.

This thread is a celebration.

This game will be better than any of the copy pasting KOEI does every year for the past 20 years.

You heard it here first.

I think I was playing KOEI and lost my virginity before you were born so I have a right to my opinion.

Yeah no. TW is easily the best strategy series out there.

I think I was playing KOEI and lost my virginity before you were born so I have a right to my opinion.
I am a old guy and a KOEI fan and I don't see why you wouldn't at least give TW a look.
It isn't like some loser Dev got the license and will botch it.

Since playing Shogun 2 in 2014, I've been hooked to the Total War games. Currently addicted to Rome 2 again, after like a 2 yr break.

Cannot fucking wait. 2 Total War games in a few month period!!

More excited for Thrones of Britannia, because I've been binging The Last Kingdom, and this year will be all about Total Warhammer 2 DLC.

That's a funny way to spell xcom.

hqdefault.jpg

im hyped as hell about this though

I LOVE Xcom. But for me, Total War is superior. I can easily see someone liking the style of Xcom more. I see them as being distinct enough to avoid a direct comparison, though.

As an aside, I got Xcom EU day 1 on 360, and played it for a couple hundred hours, and then got the complete edition on PC and played it probably 100 more. Got Xcom 2 day 1, and have maybe played 10 hours. I dont know what is different, or if it's entirely me, but I cant get into it. I do recognize it's greatness, though.

Got Xcom 2 day 1, and have maybe played 10 hours. I dont know what is different, or if it's entirely me, but I cant get into it. I do recognize it's greatness, though.

You kind of have to throw out your Enemy Unknown playstyle of slow, methodical advancement and play more aggressively and use the initial concealment to your advantage as much as possible. If you're not a fan of the mission timers, there're mods that extend them or get rid of them all together. Give it another go. I love both games but prefer 2 because of the emphasis on guerilla warfare and greater environmental destruction. I picked up War of the Chosen during the winter sale and am very keen to get back to XCOM but Warhammer 2 has it's claws sunk into me quite deeply.

You kind of have to throw out your Enemy Unknown playstyle of slow, methodical advancement and play more aggressively and use the initial concealment to your advantage as much as possible. If you're not a fan of the mission timers, there're mods that extend them or get rid of them all together. Give it another go. I love both games but prefer 2 because of the emphasis on guerilla warfare and greater environmental destruction. I picked up War of the Chosen during the winter sale and am very keen to get back to XCOM but Warhammer 2 has it's claws sunk into me quite deeply.

Yeah, I modded it to remove the timers, save a few exceptions. I dont know, I just cant get into it. There is soooo much in it with the expansions, maybe it's too daunting.

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

tumblr_lmcc4ne7Sv1qh6yt5o1_500.jpg

I have no idea why they did Shogun, Medieval and Rome for a second time when they had so much material with China.

Back