How would you shoot for a takedown on the street?

I actually don't TS for asking this, the first double you learn is usually the drop step to get the motion down, then they move on to blast doubles and other fun stuff once you have some motor patterns built up.

also just do the royce method its so sad how far jiu jitsu schools have gotten sway from real fighting thats why people diss jiu jitsu today saying ohh its just a sport ground fighting it sucks for self defense the basic knee stomp to clinch body lock or trip works wonders

I actually don't TS for asking this, the first double you learn is usually the drop step to get the motion down, then they move on to blast doubles and other fun stuff once you have some motor patterns built up.

If the guy isnt too big, ure nage works well in teh streetz of rage

If the guy isnt too big, ure nage works well in teh streetz of rage
Everyone's getting bigger these days. Women are now averaging at 5'3 160lbs. We're gonna be living in SeaWorld soon

knee doesn't have to touch the ground as long as (and as many have pointed out) you drop level slightly. chances are the guy will not know what to do so some slight pressure will have them fall back.

but i think i would probably use a thai clinch and throw elbows/knees or use some sort of judo throw (sasae, o soto gari or uchi mata) if i am feeling fancy.

Everyone's getting bigger these days. Women are now averaging at 5'3 160lbs. We're gonna be living in SeaWorld soon

20 mins from marine land and theres more manatees in the stands than the fish tanks

I just tried it and my knee hurts.
61MD8T-GgxL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
First, I will stand in an opposite stance to theirs. If they're orthodox, I'll stand southpaw. I'll use my lead hand to get wrist control, pull them in as I switch stances to close the distance while I pull their wrist behind my head. This will allow me to get head and arm control. Then I rock bottom that biiiiiiitch! LMAOOOO.

Oh, and finish with the katagatame. LMAO

I would not shot and drop on a knee in a street fight.

People rarely drop to a knee when shooting in mma and there’s even less reason to do it in a street fight.

In wrestling your opponent is often bent over and crouched so low that he touches the ground with his hands ... you have to get really low to get under that. But it would be stupid to do so in a street fight.

jab right hand left hook shoot the double. Drop fucking bombs. Stand up wipe abs like Ruck Rude

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back