is this for real?

It's aimed at adults, so I'm guessing it's mostly older gay hobbyists and the level/intensity of training is probably not very high.

So, not sure why your friend would want to train there...how old is he?

he was trying to find a place to learn wrestling in nyc and came across it and showed me lol

Considering how homophobic the grappling community is, it is not surprising that gay grapples would desire a place just to train in peace.

really it seems like nowadays in usa the bjj community is a bunch of hipster liberal weeaboos due to every gi and rashguard now having pokemon and dbz on it

You are a wrestling coach and you cut an openly gay dude for causing distractions and questionable behavior. Warranted or not, get ready to get sued off the planet.
Do you have some examples of this actually happening?

Considering how homophobic the grappling community is, it is not surprising that gay grapples would desire a place just to train in peace.

Yeah, this. Complain about the "hipster liberals" all you want, but combat sports are not very gay-friendly. If you don't believe me, I invite you to read this thread.

Do you have some examples of this actually happening?
Happened last year at a school in my district, Decatur. Parent not happy with how the coach handled males and females having to practice together, sued. Two of my former teammates at the Olympic training center were unhappy with how their coach was treating them, claimed the coach was biased against LGBT athletes, sued the university. They lost, but it cost the university a lot of money and a huge headache for the coach.

Whether or not they were right or wrong, as a coach now, you even think about cutting someone who is disruptive who also happens to be a female or LGBT, you are going to court. My guess is these gay wrestlers understand the landscape of how lawsuits and inappropriate behavior by a few gay coaches in the past would make wrestling more difficult for them, so they just bypassed it all together and train on their own without the drama. I could be wrong and their might be different motivations, but I doubt it.

My friend lives in nyc and was trying to find him a wrestling club and he sent me this we dont know if this is legit or if this is a joke lol
http://www.metrowrestling.org/

the site says metro wrestling is nycs gay friendly freestyle wrestling club for adults and teach at the staten island lgbt center

METRO athletes compete locally and internationally at Gay Games, wtf lol is my friend gonna get molested here?

I do not know if this is a troll or a joke, but it is a real club in NYC, they have been around for ages. If your friend is looking for a public club that has no sexual orientation, go to Twin Towers Wrestling Club. They are decent guys and there is no funny business going on.

Two of my former teammates at the Olympic training center were unhappy with how their coach was treating them, claimed the coach was biased against LGBT athletes, sued the university. They lost, but it cost the university a lot of money and a huge headache for the coach.
So were they "causing distractions" with their "questionable behaviour", in fact, as far as you're concerned? Did the coach cut them for it?

So were they "causing distractions" with their "questionable behaviour", in fact, as far as you're concerned? Did the coach cut them for it?
The two athletes were causing distractions by going to the media and suing the university, so yes, I would say they were. They also caused a ton of drama within the team by bad talking the coach because he would not fund full blown out of state competitions for two athletes, when every other athlete had local events. The coach should have had every right to cut them, but of course, he couldnt because how would that look? Again the headlines "Coach unfairly cuts LGBT athletes"

Questionable behavior in terms of coaching is why some wrestlers are very wary towards the LGBT community in terms of them doing anything outside of ordinary. There have been several LGBT coaches who were predatory towards athletes at very high profile levels or at least very public levels. The headlines are always the same. It never reads "sexual predator molests boy," it is 100% of the time "wrestling coach molests boy."

LGBT athletes or coaches is so rare in wrestling it is almost never an issue. The wrestling community has came a long way IMO in regards to this issue. Having LGBT teammates isnt really a big deal when it happens. The issue has swayed too far IMO now. We had a case 2 years ago where an athlete wanted a gender reassignment, so she took steroids, and was able to compete against girls. We have people suing teams because a team of 4 girls doesnt get the same funding as a the same team of 40 boys. A lot of common sense gets thrown out to avoid the public stigma of sexist or anti LGBT by administrators. Again, my guess is the guys at this club understand this and just bypass it and train how they want to train without the mess. Seems very logical to me

I trained MMA and there was a guy that I could have sworn was gay. Our instructor didn't turn up so he took the class. He made a comment about how I had a good body for MMA which I thought was a little strange. Then we were working triangles and he got me to demonstrate on him. He seemed to be smiling a lot when I locked him up.

Then right towards the end he had us do a circle massage. I shit you not, we were all in a circle and massaging the guy in fronts traps. He was the one behind me massaging my traps. Then when the class had finished he asked if anyone wanted to join him in the shower. Not a single other person went for a shower. Now I could be wrong but my gaydar was on high alert that day so I'm pretty sure he was acting with the intent I had suspected.

I trained MMA and there was a guy that I could have sworn was gay. Our instructor didn't turn up so he took the class. He made a comment about how I had a good body for MMA which I thought was a little strange. Then we were working triangles and he got me to demonstrate on him. He seemed to be smiling a lot when I locked him up.

Then right towards the end he had us do a circle massage. I shit you not, we were all in a circle and massaging the guy in fronts traps. He was the one behind me massaging my traps. Then when the class had finished he asked if anyone wanted to join him in the shower. Not a single other person went for a shower. Now I could be wrong but my gaydar was on high alert that day so I'm pretty sure he was acting with the intent I had suspected.

how did u even get half way through that class and how did nobody tell the main instructor?

Being from NY , I would have to embarrassingly say....yea, probably real..

Back