NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 discussion thread

Who is going over, brother?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like the current new japan landscape reminds of ‘97 or ‘98 wwf with the faction wars (dx, DOA, nation, hart foundation, los boricuas, etc)

Kenny just said Jericho/omega 2 may happen

He also said knife pervert has ripped his look lols

Kenny just said Jericho/omega 2 may happen

He also said knife pervert has ripped his look lols

Well, he's not wrong ...

_switchblade__jay_white_render__2__bls__by_badluckshinska-dbtbb4r.png
kennyomega.jpg

Omegas getting kicked out of BC soon. Too much is happening for it to not follow thru.

Omegas getting kicked out of BC soon. Too much is happening for it to not follow thru.
Hopefully he takes the young fucks with him and then falle splashes them into living death.
Merchandising though not a huge hit since most of their stuff says “the elite” on it

Hopefully he takes the young fucks with him and then falle splashes them into living death.
Merchandising though not a huge hit since most of their stuff says “the elite” on it
Young Bucks sided with Cody and you can tell what’s going on at the end of their latest Being the elite video.

he New Beginning in Sapporo 2018 (Day 1)

January 27 (English Commentary Available) @ Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center, Sapporo

• Katsuya Kitamura 7-Match Proving Series (Match 2): Katsuya Kitamura vs. Michael Elgin
  • NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Match: Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny (c) vs. Togi Makabe, Toa Henare & Ryusuke Taguchi
  • Jay White & Roppongi 3K vs. The Elite (Omega & Young Bucks)
  • IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
  • View Full Card
The New Beginning in Sapporo 2018 (Day 2)

January 28 (English Commentary Available) @ Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center, Sapporo

• Katsuya Kitamura 7-Match Proving Series (Match 3): Katsuya Kitamura vs. Juice Robinson
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: The Young Bucks (c) vs. Roppongi 3K
  • IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jay White
  • View Full Card
Road to The New Beginning 2018

February 5 @ Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

• Katsuya Kitamura 7-Match Proving Series (Match 4): Katsuya Kitamura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
  • David Finlay vs. Jay White
  • Ten Man Elimination Tag: CHAOS (Okada/Goto/YOSHI-HASHI/Ospreay/Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Naito/EVIL/SANADA/BUSHI/Hiromu)
  • View Full Card
Road to The New Beginning 2018

February 6 @ Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

• Katsuya Kitamura 7-Match Proving Series (Match 5): Katsuya Kitamura vs. Satoshi Kojima
  • IWGP Tag Team Championship: SANADA & EVIL (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto
  • View Full Card
The New Beginning in Osaka 2018

February 10 (English Commentary Available) @ EDION Arena, Osaka

• Katsuya Kitamura 7-Match Proving Series (Match 6): Katsuya Kitamura vs. Yuji Nagata
  • Gedo vs. BUSHI
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. YOSHI-HASHI
  • IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
  • NEVER Openweight Championship: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. EVIL
  • IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. SANADA
  • View Full Card
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._the_new_beginning_2018_tour_cards_announced/

when i realise 27th and 28th falls on the weekend so i can watch live <{1-2}>

was the best wrestling card top to bottom i've ever seen.beats wrestlemania 17 in my eyes.

Solid cards.

Looking forward to Okada vs SANADA.

Kitamura vs Elgin should be good too.

The two weeks I was on vacation were great, but man I'm behind now...finally got to sit down and watch this. Only got to see the AXS version, but whatever. I know it's cool to hate on the AXS coverage, but if you want NJPW to grow Stateside, you should watching it. The better the AXS ratings, the more US advertising dollars, the more they'll expand to this side of the globe.

Cody vs Ibushi

-This was pretty meh. Cody is great at character work, but his ring work is mediocre. The shinning star moonsault looked stupidly contrived. Brandi's ass looked great.

Tanahashi vs Switchblade

-Tanahashi is the man, but White's young still and not on his level as a worker. Decent, but nothing special.

Omega vs Jericho

-First off, let me say once again that Dave Meltzer can go fuck himself. Not a fan of the Stargate or Gods of Egypt outfit or whatever that was supposed to be. That's the kind of dumb shit that makes me dislike Omega. I'm sure I'll get called an Omega hater for not liking the, but it really had nothing to do with him this time...other than the entrance. I'm not a fan of plunder matches and this was a plunder match. If you like it more power to you, but it's just not my thing and I like them less the older I get.

Naito vs Okada

-People throw the phrase "best in the world," around a lot. For money, these two guys and AJ are the only folks who should be mentioned in that conversation. I can see why everyone was ragging on Okada's pants...let's hope those were burned post show. This match followed the unfortunate trend of NJPW main events lately that go long for the sake of going long. Sometimes less is more and these two have had better matches with each other.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority but I though this show was decent but not great.

The two weeks I was on vacation were great, but man I'm behind now...finally got to sit down and watch this. Only got to see the AXS version, but whatever. I know it's cool to hate on the AXS coverage, but if you want NJPW to grow Stateside, you should watching it. The better the AXS ratings, the more US advertising dollars, the more they'll expand to this side of the globe.

Cody vs Ibushi

-This was pretty meh. Cody is great at character work, but his ring work is mediocre. The shinning star moonsault looked stupidly contrived. Brandi's ass looked great.

Tanahashi vs Switchblade

-Tanahashi is the man, but White's young still and not on his level as a worker. Decent, but nothing special.

Omega vs Jericho

-First off, let me say once again that Dave Meltzer can go fuck himself. Not a fan of the Stargate or Gods of Egypt outfit or whatever that was supposed to be. That's the kind of dumb shit that makes me dislike Omega. I'm sure I'll get called an Omega hater for not liking the, but it really had nothing to do with him this time...other than the entrance. I'm not a fan of plunder matches and this was a plunder match. If you like it more power to you, but it's just not my thing and I like them less the older I get.

Naito vs Okada

-People throw the phrase "best in the world," around a lot. For money, these two guys and AJ are the only folks who should be mentioned in that conversation. I can see why everyone was ragging on Okada's pants...let's hope those were burned post show. This match followed the unfortunate trend of NJPW main events lately that go long for the sake of going long. Sometimes less is more and these two have had better matches with each other.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority but I though this show was decent but not great.

I definitely liked last year's Wrestle Kingdom better, but this was still a lot of fun

Back