Pic: Matt Hughes hanging with former foe Thiago Alves ahead of UFC St Louis

He looks great. Amazing to think that a few months ago, we didn't know if he would survive, let alone walk, and now he's hanging out with buddies and going to fights. Next thing we know, Bellator will announce Hughes vs Renzo 2 later this year.

He looks great. Amazing to think that a few months ago, we didn't know if he would survive, let alone walk, and now he's hanging out with buddies and going to fights. Next thing we know, Bellator will announce Hughes vs Renzo 2 later this year.

I’d be down to watch. It wouldn’t be a good scrap but fuck it, I watched Chael vs Wanderlei 9 years too late, i’d Watch this too.

Awesome.

The MMA world is very fortunate to still have a LEGEND amongst us.

People don’t understand just how important it was for guys like Matt Hughes to be around at a time when HW and LHW were the sole attention of MMA. He brought eyes to lower weight classes, specially for the development of American MMA.

Not to mention look at his win column: GSP, BJ Penn, Royce, Renzo, Almeida, Sakurai, Sherk, Serra, etc.

True modern MMA pioneer

matt-hughes-and-georges-st-pierre-during-the-light-heavyweight-bout-picture-id81904333

Good to see him in high spirits and enjoying life. Matt is the definition of a bad ass.

Alves looks young as hell. Will we see Pitbull 2.0 against Cummings sunday night? Probably not, but still, he's looking tight.

No homo.

additional generic: "matt hughes looks like a trainwreck" joke

Back