Dark Souls: Remastered

• Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
  • Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
  • Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)

60fps for OG Xbox and PS4 is great to hear!

Do we know whether or not the remastered version will already include the past DLC content?

Welcome to 6 years ago, TS. #PCMasterRace

That doesn't really make sense. I don't think anyone is bragging about how DS runs on a 10 year old system.

Wanna try again?
You quoted me first and not the other way around. ;)

I hope they rework the Lost Izalith area. The architecture looks great but most of the dungeon is just running around on lava looking for an entrance to the temple. Bed of Chaos has to be one of the worst bosses in the souls series, even that slug in dark souls 2 was better designed.

Fantastic. I would love to play DS1, but even with Durante's fix, it always ran like shit, unlike DS2 and DS3 (After the April 2017 patch)

• Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
  • Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
  • Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)

60fps for OG Xbox and PS4 is great to hear!
It's going to be in DS3's engine too so we can expect some differences in mechanics. Not sure what yet though.

It's going to be in DS3's engine too so we can expect some differences in mechanics. Not sure what yet though.

Hopefully that allows us to skip the 60fps durability problem of D2 -> Scholar. I am absolutely pumped about this game.

Hopefully that allows us to skip the 60fps durability problem of D2 -> Scholar. I am absolutely pumped about this game.
Yeah the community's been pretty dead lately and this got everyone talking again. The Burg and Forest are going to be nuts this summer.

I read that they are updating the engine so that means its not just a graphical over haul. Sounds like DS1 with DS3 engine.

I read that they are updating the engine so that means its not just a graphical over haul. Sounds like DS1 with DS3 engine.
I'm still not sure how I feel about that yet. I'm getting it no matter what but I can't see how they make that engine work without speeding up the game. Enemy movesets are so much faster in DS3.

Back