Good Squash Matches!

Just to reply on a couple of the videos listed....The video of Koko beating the Hell out of the Jobber in Memphis stems from an apparent use of the "N" word backstage by the masked jobber here, from everything I've heard or read......

Almost 12 years later....quite hard to believe that the WWE would allow a beating of The Undertaker, by Khali as they did. That match at Judgement Day was much worse than what the company allowed Brock to do when he broke the streak. Just shows that the Undertaker was a good worker, in agreeing to go along with what the company has wanted. I've just never understood why Vince has always had the uncanny ability to take wrestlers presented as "Giant/Scary Monsters," and eventually turn them into "Cartoon Characters." Just wait...in a year or so....we'll have Braun Strowman on the "Fashion Files."

I remember reading about how this squash turned him into the biggest paid wrestler in the industry in one of the wrestling magazines back in the day.

I remember reading about how this squash turned him into the biggest paid wrestler in the industry in one of the wrestling magazines back in the day.

Dude scored 26 fucking million dollars

Woulda been cool if The Rockers broke my neck instead

Edit - after watching the vid I guess I'd rather be able to walk instead

Bob Backlund lost the title in a shorter period of time.

This is probably the ultimate squash when you consider Backlund's history and dropping the title at that.

Not as big of a deal but, it still makes me laugh because Chavo is a can.

HTM vs UW has to be the most iconic squash for sure.

+1 for Doink. Matt Borne had a devastating move set.

Look out for the German suplex in this one...

...a chop (with great presence) and a powerbomb in this one.

On a different note, a brutal tombstone by Undertaker in this one...

A few from Yokozuna...

A few from Yokozuna...

[/QUOTE]
{<redford}
I fucking love the commentary in his squashes got him over as a monster and a few zingers that wouldn't fly today. Edit botched the quote @Wrath of Foamy

Also - how could I forget - the first squash match I ever saw: King Kong Bundy vs SD Jones.

I still remember thinking "well, that was quick."

A few from Yokozuna...

{<redford}
I fucking love the commentary in his squashes got him over as a monster and a few zingers that wouldn't fly today. Edit botched the quote @Wrath of Foamy[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. The presentation, notably the sound of the ring and the camera angles, are far superior to today’s product.

The commentary was the first thing that I noticed. In the Doink V Tom Jones clip, Bobby Heenan displays such passion as he exclaims “The man is skilled! Forget the face paint he’s hiding from something, but look at what the man can do! The man knows wrestling!”

Brilliant.

Here's another good one with a wrestler who has an interesting ability to do things with his arm.

These new lads are playing at such a high athletic level but the matches have same drama as the great Pepperdane vs Farnswick battles of 1974. Booya! Booya!

Vader and Scott Steiner practically murdering 2 jobbers:

Jobber gets to arena. Looks at the card to find opponent. Sees... Vader... and Scott Steiner...

scaredgot.gif

Skip to two minute mark.

Lol. Wtf? That jobber had either never seen a wrestling match before or he was pissed off the he was getting jobbed out like that.

Last edited:
Back