Why does Fedor suck so much in a cage?

Like I said 1 year older than Werdum and younger than Hendo. Age doesn't cut it as an excuse. The game passed him by, just like it did Cro Cop and Big Nog.
absolutely not. This happened as well to UFC fighters. This is clear, you are a PRIDE hater and probably affined to Sonnen's speech

absolutely not. This happened as well to UFC fighters. This is clear, you are a PRIDE hater and probably affined to Sonnen's speech

Loved Pride. Always have. You're clearly wearing rose tinted glasses. You're denying clear facts like Hendo being older than Fedor as well as him being much smaller.

Fedor benefited from being well ahead of the game in terms of being a well rounded MMAist in an era of 1 dimensional fighter. When others became more rounded, he lost that edge. No doubt a legend and still the best HW of all time, but the game caught up with him. That's not even a knock on him, it's just a fact.

Loved Pride. Always have. You're clearly wearing rose tinted glasses. You're denying clear facts like Hendo being older than Fedor as well as him being much smaller.

Fedor benefited from being well ahead of the game in terms of being a well rounded MMAist in an era of 1 dimensional fighter. When others became more rounded, he lost that edge. No doubt a legend and still the best HW of all time, but the game caught up with him. That's not even a knock on him, it's just a fact.
exceptions happen, see GSP vs Serra. so your argument doesnt stand

real simple

Fedor has fought hundreds of Sambo matches in the ring
Fedor has fought hundres of Judo matches in the ring
Fedor was the RINGS champ
He was the PRIDE Champ (ring)
Fedor was the AFFLICTION champ (Ring)

After thousands of matches in the ring in Sambo, Judo and MMA he suddenly had to swtich to the cage..

Also Fedor totally destroyed Ishii in the ring, the same guy that gave massive problems to Cro Cop, Rampage and Mo

ishii back then was possibly a better fighter than Mitrione is now and Fedor destroying ishii was impressive as Fedor was the first guy to stop Ishii

The exact same thing happend to cro cop

Cro Cop went back to Japan to fight in the ring but Fedor for some reason went back fightging in a cage

If Fedor goes to Japan and fights in a ring I bet he looks great and easily beats the cop, likewise if Cro Cop comes back to the cage I bet he will suck again

Because he is fighting stiffer competition when he fights in America in MMA. In Japan he was their poster boy and they did what they had to including look the other way when it come to PED's if somebody was using them, I am not saying Fedor was using them but I read somewhere that Mark Kerr stated steroid use was encouraged because of the bulky bodies for more women attraction and performance increases.
Here he has to pass a drug test and the fights are not hand fed.
Dan Henderson was fighting at MW at the time and beat the living hell out of him as a matter of fact he quit, he was not knocked out he quit so they waved it off.

Cro Cop and Nog were PRIDE's poster boys at HW

PRIDE did not like Fedor particularly much and did not like his management either

Dan Henderson was fighting at MW at the time and beat the living hell out of him as a matter of fact he quit, he was not knocked out he quit so they waved it off.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Every single word of this quote is wrong lol

The cage hasn’t even been a factor in Fedor having a massive drop off.

It’s not like fighters pinned him against it and cost him a fight. It’s not like he used the ring well to corner people... ring/cage has little or nothing to do with his rapid decline.

Fedor just got fatter and lazier as many guys his age do. He found religion and lost his drive to train like he used to.

Monson in the ring was a terrible example. Monson was totally shot by that fight and a totally different class of fighter than Fedor.

Yes ofcourse... Professional Fighter Fedor now knows for years he sucks in a cage and is scared and uncomfortable going into the cage, but still signs up with Bellator for fights in a cage...

Yes that would be it...

Mileage counts.

Cain Velasquez is non existant after fighting once every two years.

It's not about age

Because he is fighting stiffer competition when he fights in America in MMA. In Japan he was their poster boy and they did what they had to including look the other way when it come to PED's if somebody was using them, I am not saying Fedor was using them but I read somewhere that Mark Kerr stated steroid use was encouraged because of the bulky bodies for more women attraction and performance increases.
Here he has to pass a drug test and the fights are not hand fed.
wtf are you saying lmao

Fedor only won 1 fight in a cage (vs Rogers, technically he also ''won'' vs Maldonado but that wasn't a win, it was a draw at best) and lost all the other ones while also looking like shit.
I don't buy the out of the prime excuse that's thrown around, after getting battered in Strikeforce he looked like a world beater again in the ring, he dismantled Jeff Moonson with a flawless performance and went on a nice winning streak again (ok admittedly the competition wasn't stellar but still...he even struggles against cans in the cage while he beats them handily in the ring), what is it with a cage that undermines his game, if anything?
Drug testing

Like I said 1 year older than Werdum and younger than Hendo. Age doesn't cut it as an excuse. The game passed him by, just like it did Cro Cop and Big Nog.
Werdum had way less fights, hendo was on the sauce

2b7.jpg

feminist2.jpg

Er3RO.jpg

Bring it.

What the hell is going on in that picture?

The angles are very different. He had the opportunity to get used to it, and didn't, but there is absolutely a difference.

Hunt started slowing down in Pride, Hunt was able to control him and overpower him quite easily in the clinch despite being very green and taking the fight on short notice. He showed signs of slowing down against AA too, AA was doing well until the KO...Fedor couldn't react to Arlovski's speed. He even had his hands full against Rogers, Rogers was mauling him on the ground for a while, Fedor was showing that he was starting to struggle against larger heavyweights.

I don't think the cage has anything to do with it, unlike Cro Cop who wasn't properly prepared and would routinely get controlled against the cage Fedor losses generally came from quick KO's or being overpowered from larger heavyweights, Fedor typically fought mid sized heavyweights around the 220-240 range like Nog, Coleman, Randleman, CC, Goodridge & Herring were probably the two larger guys he fought in his prime. Towards the later end of his career, he looked like he had lost some mass which may or may not have contributed.

1064_medium.jpg

1z2q0lv.jpg

Because he's fought better, bigger, more well rounded competition in them.

Hendo was clearly bigger, clearly better technically thsn Coleman (except not really). He fought Fabio in a cage, another highly skilled giant. Really Herring was as big as Mitrione.

Back