Video. Training my fast lead leg head kick

FRODE TRANES TEH UFC

q27DSTt.png

Just saw this, word on the street is you like using your right leg for kicks.

So do I.

In all seriousness though, looking pretty nice, definitely fast, and you didn't even need to cut frames out of the video to make it look fast... unlike speed boy
But @Frode Falch is a can. His kicks only annoy Bob

Bob wins via prison rules ('merican, not scandavainan)

Last edited:
Kicking is a good way to get rid of sparring partners.

So i tend to use mostly punches and clinch when i spar.

Because my boxing sucks.

Kicking is a good way to get rid of sparring partners.

So i tend to use mostly punches and clinch when i spar.

Because my boxing sucks.
I thought you trained boxing at some point? Did you give it up early?

I have never trained boxing for real at a pure boxing gym.

My punches comes from Sanda, muay thai, and some pointers here and there from other fighters i have trained with.

Your kicks has always been very good Frode. Looking fast, accurate and snappy here. Your flexibility is deceptive and someone could easily get caught off guard with those kicks.

Btw, you're getting up in age now right? At what point did you feel like your speed topped, or are you still getting faster?

The actual kick is really fast but the pendulum step up to kick seems kinda lazy, like your casually doing it then exploding into the kick....

I like how you throw the lead leg kick, I do the same thing, my coach doesn't like it tho, always wants me to do a full switch step for more power, but for my lead leg its so quick to just use the pendulum/skipping step into it.

Btw, you're getting up in age now right? At what point did you feel like your speed topped, or are you still getting faster?
Bs. I jack off faster now that I'm older

The actual kick is really fast but the pendulum step up to kick seems kinda lazy, like your casually doing it then exploding into the kick....

I like how you throw the lead leg kick, I do the same thing, my coach doesn't like it tho, always wants me to do a full switch step for more power, but for my lead leg its so quick to just use the pendulum/skipping step into it.

There's arguments for both methods, I also prefer the pendulum step since it's faster with less telegraph while I find the full switch step loads & opens up the hips better for more power along with a bit more range. The problem with the switch step is it potentially leaves your head in range for punches while you're standing on one leg, and since it has more of a "tell" that can end very badly. See Cowboy Cerrone vs. Masvidal, once Jorge got Cowboy's timing down he consistently countered the switch kick with punches to the face.

Firas Zahabi goes into more detail on the pendulum kick vs. the switch kick, and has good pointers on using the footwork off the pendulum kick to both defend against counters and setup counters of your own should your opponent try to press the action on you. The key is he usually creates an angle to the side rather than moving straight back after landing the kick.

One exception - a hard roundhouse kick to the ribs is just as manly.
Not on teh streetz

Kick your opponent, then the crowd bum rushes you.

Soccer kicks are the only allowed one actually

Back