Unpopular Opinion: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (2016) Is a Better Superhero Movie Than LOGAN (2017)

Apocolyshit was so, so, so fucking bad.

They turned one of the coolest most bad ass mofos into fucking Ivan Ooze. Fuck outta here.

Mr Sinister is supposedly rumored for an upcomming x-men movie in some capactiy, and I bet it will be just as bad as Apocolyshit

This is a respectable unpopular opinion.

But Apocalypse > Logan ???

reposters---get-out_o_405779.gif

I agree with him. I think First Class is fucking phenomenal.

Apocalypse was really bad, but since there was zero dramatic tension, it wasn't hard to sit through. Logan was a lot more tense so sitting through it would be more difficult if you weren't engaged. Logan was a better movie, I think, by a huge margin.

I wont put an order, but i would put Logan, First Class, X2, X1, and FP in top 5

Apocalypse fucking sucked. Very sad end to that trilogy since First Class and DOFP were both excellent.

Apocalypse fucking sucked. Very sad end to that trilogy since First Class and DOFP were both excellent.
My feelings exactly about LOGAN.

They undid the great ending in DOFP by making Wolverine a broke limo driver (lmao) and the mighty and wise Professor X a rambling, senile, drug-dependent old fart.

1) hell no
2) isn't RTL a late night show in Holland?

and tbf, Logan was based largely off the Old Man Logan miniseries

Just as DOFP was based off well DOFP miniseries, etc...

I get that it may not have been what was expected if that story arc wasn't known, but the subversion, R rating, sheer savagery of the fighting scenes, and the inclusion of the cloned daughter were all pretty badass IMO

I also thought It was interesting seeing what a senile/uncontrolled Xavier can do just by simply being

I get that it may not have been what was expected if that story arc wasn't known, but the subversion, R rating, sheer savagery of the fighting scenes, and the inclusion of the cloned daughter were all pretty badass IMO

I also thought It was interesting seeing what a senile/uncontrolled Xavier can do just by simply being

Not really. The only real connection is that the X Men are dead and that Logan doesn't want to be a hero any more. Old Man Logan takes place in an entirely different world and is much, much darker.

The problem with comic books is that writers end up going crazy with the limitless possibilities, and some ridiculous ideas end up getting published. I likewise wouldn't recommend that Dr. Octopus becomes Spider-Man in the film series, or we end up with five Robins (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Damien Wayne) in a future Batman film series where screentime is limited.

LOGAN is an example of that, with it being extremely out of place with the already established X-MEN series. They at least should've casted other people in the Wolverine / Professor X roles if they wanted to establish that it's in another universe altogether.

Not really. The only real connection is that the X Men are dead and that Logan doesn't want to be a hero any more. Old Man Logan takes place in an entirely different world and is much, much darker.
well not literally word for word

The problem with comic books is that writers end up going crazy with the limitless possibilities, and some ridiculous ideas end up getting published. I likewise wouldn't recommend that Dr. Octopus becomes Spider-Man in the film series, or we end up with five Robins (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Damien Wayne) in a future Batman film series where screentime is limited.

LOGAN is an example of that, with it being extremely out of place with the already established X-MEN series. They at least should've casted other people in the Wolverine / Professor X roles if they wanted to establish that it's in another universe altogether.

TBH I already feel that way about all of the damn X-men movies. Future Past and First Class at least felt like they had some kind of continuity. I felt like Apocalypse was just a big ol poop over it all.

It feels like each one is some kind of fucking dumb attempt to reset the universe or make it a different world or some crud.

I just take each flick as it comes

Naw bruh...

I will say though that Logan wasn't as good as everyone made it out to be. Darker? Yes. Better than the other Wolverine movies? Yes. GOAT of superhero movies? Naw fam.

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE is an actual superhero movie with a great antagonist, interesting storylines, and effective character development. Its only flaw is perhaps having too many interesting characters / subplots (and also Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, and a slew of other bad female casting).

Apoc was wasted and looked like shit.

LOGAN is essentially a TERMINATOR 2 remake, with a lot of unnecessary coarse language

It seemed pretty fucking necessary to me.

and completely inconsistent stories / portrayals of previously established characters.

What are the inconsistencies? The movie takes place in the future and the characters seemed consistent enough to me in their current situation.

Back