Who would you favor over a prime Tyson?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is there any HW in history you would favor to beat a prime Mike Tyson?

I think Vitali would have had a very good chance to beat him. Vitali was tall, rangy, awkward, and had an iron chin.

Is there any HW in history you would favor to beat a prime Mike Tyson?

I think Vitali would have had a very good chance to beat him. Vitali was tall, rangy, awkward, and had an iron chin.

Ehm, no Vitali was Koed in amateur Kickboxing. He had an average boxers chin.

Joe Gans, Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Benny Leonard, Harry Greb, John L. Sullivan, Bob Fitzsimmons...they would all school Tyson with their black & white slickness.

I see a prime Tyson the way I see a prime Mayweather. How good are they? It's mythical because we never saw them face the best opposition in good condition - and it's not even necessarily their fault.
What I also see similar is that they lose to the very best ever.

I see a prime Tyson the way I see a prime Mayweather. How good are they? It's mythical because we never saw them face the best opposition in good condition - and it's not even necessarily their fault.

He was closest to his prime against Holyfield. And he got outboxed both times.

I dont give anyone better than 50/50 chances to beat Tyson at his very best.

tysons ko win over holmes was legit when you take into consideration how larry schooled prime mercer three years later and arguably beat prime lewis

Ali, Foreman thats it

Lewis, Ali, Holyfield, Foreman. All in their prime, obviously. But it doesn't go much beyond 50%, I kind of agree with @PUO3 .

Prime Holmes and prime Klitschkos are question marks. They can jab with authority and that's a great weapon against Mike. Keeping him off of them is a different story.

Joe Gans, Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Benny Leonard, Harry Greb, John L. Sullivan, Bob Fitzsimmons...they would all school Tyson with their black & white slickness.

Is this your new shtick?

Is this your new shtick?

You obviously don’t know the history of boxing. Those old timers used to swim from the US to Europa, and fight with sharks on their way.
They would fight 12 days a week and sometimes up to 52 days a month.
Mike Tyson would be easy work for them.

He was closest to his prime against Holyfield. And he got outboxed both times.
He wasn't nowhere near prime against Holyfield. If Cus was alive it would have been a different story. Tyson changed after the death of him.

Plus that leech Don King got to him as well.

He wasn't nowhere near prime against Holyfield. If Cus was alive it would have been a different story. Tyson changed after the death of him.

Plus that leech Don King got to him as well.

He was in better shape against Holyfield than some of the matches as WC

Mike had problems with big tall power punchers - He refused to fight Foreman and would have had problems with the Klitschko bros.

You obviously don’t know the history of boxing. Those old timers used to swim from the US to Europa, and fight with sharks on their way.
They would fight 12 days a week and sometimes up to 52 days a month.
Mike Tyson would be easy work for them.

I'll take that as a yes.

Mike had problems with big tall power punchers - He refused to fight Foreman and would have had problems with the Klitschko bros.
Vitali maybe. He easily gets in and puts Wlad down within two rounds.

Hed treat Foreman like a punching bag also. There isnt a worse matchup for George and I say that as a homer of his.

Back