STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

If you've never grinded for fight money, how hard is it to get all 6 (basically starting fresh on everything).

Well, you have less than a week lol.

But if you did Main Story on Normal (30k) and Hard (50k?), Character Stories (10k per character) and then all demonstrations (1k per character) and easy survival (2k per character) for all characters that's a nice dent in fight money.

Trials are 1k per character
Normal Survival 5k per character

Plus 1k for every level for every character which really adds up.

Had you never done any of that I think you could get the 600k needed to buy all 6 characters, especially once you add in the weekly "missions" which are usually between 6-12k every week.

I bought all season 1 characters with fight money... but stopped playing and bought the season 2 character pass, plan on getting the season 3 characters with fight money but that really depends on how much arcade mode nets you. I should be sitting north of 200k come Jan 16.

But if you did Main Story on Normal (30k) and Hard (50k?), Character Stories (10k per character) and then all demonstrations (1k per character) and easy survival (2k per character) for all characters that's a nice dent in fight money.

Had you never done any of that I think you could get the 600k needed to buy all 6 characters, especially once you add in the weekly "missions" which are usually between 6-12k every week.

I bought all season 1 characters with fight money... but stopped playing and bought the season 2 character pass, plan on getting the season 3 characters with fight money but that really depends on how much arcade mode nets you. I should be sitting north of 200k come Jan 16.

FML. I respect the grind, but I'll probably only stage grind for now lol. I usually hop straight into Battle Lounge right when on log on. I need to use the training room more, but that would require me to learn other characters and I'm kind of stubborn for that.

Decided to start playing on PC again instead of PS4. There really is more roll back, but it's probably worth not having to pay for the PSN+ subscription. Especially as it seems season 3 really is injecting some new life into the game. Seem to be quite a few more people playing according to Steam Charts.

The other weird thing is how my execution suffers even though PC has less input lag. I guess it's just muscle memory and timing.

Just watched all of Sajams match analysis of Capcom cup

Dude is in my top 3 commentator s

Final Battle Lounge before AE drops! Tonight 4:30PM PST to whenever! Feel free to leave a message here or if I see you periodically throughout the evening I’ll send you an invite! I’ve noticed a lot more players online recently which is nice. Typically after all you guys leave, I’ll hit some random battle lounges and there are hardly ever any N. Americans playing. Last night I saw plently of them looking to level up before AE.

Hopefully you guys can make it out!

Final Battle Lounge before AE drops! Tonight 4:30PM PST to whenever! Feel free to leave a message here or if I see you periodically throughout the evening I’ll send you an invite! I’ve noticed a lot more players online recently which is nice. Typically after all you guys leave, I’ll hit some random battle lounges and there are hardly ever any N. Americans playing. Last night I saw plently of them looking to level up before AE.

Probably won't make it tonight =/

Arcade mode won't net you any FM after AE drops. None of the modes will.

Arcade mode won't net you any FM after AE drops. None of the modes will.

That's going to hurt. But Arcade mode should still grant experience, and if it gives enough for a couple levels per character +28 charcters it could be worth 50k+.

I'm at 240k FM now, grinding through trials and survival mode... might get to 280 or so by 1/16. I think I can make up the other 320k over the year for all 6 characters. Maybe.

I actually really like the grind for the extra characters... it reminds me of unlocking characters back in the day. I've just started going through the demos, then story, then easy and maybe normal survival modes for each character to make money and it's been a fun way to try everybody. I ended up really enjoying some people I wasn't expecting to like Laura and Birdie.

I'll be playing for awhile tonight to try to get as much fight money as I can before the 16th if anybody wants to have a few matches. I'll probably try to do all the missions too if somebody wants to make some skrilla.

...any tips for raising character's levels quickly? ..For the people I suck with mostly. Does ranked level you up quicker than casual and do you actually have to win?

That's going to hurt. But Arcade mode should still grant experience, and if it gives enough for a couple levels per character +28 charcters it could be worth 50k+.

I'm at 240k FM now, grinding through trials and survival mode... might get to 280 or so by 1/16. I think I can make up the other 320k over the year for all 6 characters. Maybe.

Yeah I'm not sure how much FM leveling up a character gives but it's suppose to increase as it's going to be the main way to earn FM. It's hard to tell if these changes to FM are bad or good since we only know what we are losing not so much what we are gaining.

I actually really like the grind for the extra characters... it reminds me of unlocking characters back in the day. I've just started going through the demos, then story, then easy and maybe normal survival modes for each character to make money and it's been a fun way to try everybody. I ended up really enjoying some people I wasn't expecting to like Laura and Birdie.

I'll be playing for awhile tonight to try to get as much fight money as I can before the 16th if anybody wants to have a few matches. I'll probably try to do all the missions too if somebody wants to make some skrilla.

...any tips for raising character's levels quickly? ..For the people I suck with mostly. Does ranked level you up quicker than casual and do you actually have to win?

Going off the top of my head, losing in ranked or casual still grants XP. Battle lounges are a different, they don't give FM or XP. The best way to level up a character right now is to do their story, survival, trials, and watching the character previews in training mode.

Batte Lounge tonight 4:30PM PST! Do we have your CFN added to the front page?

Probably. I know I'll be playing XvSF later.

Nope, not yet.. It's JHSAFTA.

I just started playing like a week ago. I'm gunna get worked.

It’s all good. We can go random select.

Really really hoping G is fun. Can’t wait to see those double leg takedowns!

Probably. I know I'll be playing XvSF later.

Have you had a chance to watch any Alex’s AE notes analysis videos?

Just watched Jimmy’s and he feels pretty much the same way I do. The Adv after throw and the EX 42 frame Hado were his biggest buffs. Should be able to do a shoryu after a Ex Hado if the opponent jumps over it. Good watch though.

Have you had a chance to watch any Alex’s AE notes analysis videos?

Just watched Jimmy’s and he feels pretty much the same way I do. The Adv after throw and the EX 42 frame Hado were his biggest buffs. Should be able to do a shoryu after a Ex Hado if the opponent jumps over it. Good watch though.

Just part of the WSO video I posted. More excited for Abigail using Juggernaut's Head Crush. He's going to be annoying, lol.

juggy-marvelassist.gif

Just part of the WSO video I posted. More excited for Abigail using Juggernaut's Head Crush. He's going to be annoying, lol.

juggy-marvelassist.gif

He already is! Ryu has been training tirelessly for decades trying to perfect his Shoryuken. He used the technique to defeat Sagat and left him with a scar he will never forget. Now, here comes Abigail. A mutated half-retarded neanderthal with a 1 punch guard break that doesn't even budge when Ryu uses one of his most powerful Shoryuken's, the EX. Give me a break. That stupid st.lk or st.mk to his Abigail crush can go to hell as well. What kind of odd confirm is that?!

He already is! Ryu has been training tirelessly for decades trying to perfect his Shoryuken. He used the technique to defeat Sagat and left him with a scar he will never forget. Now, here comes Abigail. A mutated half-retarded neanderthal with a 1 punch guard break that doesn't even budge when Ryu uses one of his most powerful Shoryuken's, the EX. Give me a break. That stupid st.lk or st.mk to his Abigail crush can go to hell as well. What kind of odd confirm is that?!

Players thought Abigail wasn't that good. Now with the buffs (and other characters nerfs), we might see more of him.

Players thought Abigail wasn't that good. Now with the buffs (and other characters nerfs), we might see more of him.

I’ve seen enough Abigail. He’s so rough to play against. You can win the whole round and then BAM, you’re dead.

Lol @ 15:50

Back