Judo Refferees Will Get Someone Killed One Day

TheMood

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Why can Judo referees not move? I don't understand the need for the upright posture and I think it is dangerous. Here is a video I just saw where someone was out again and the referee had no idea. It is a BJJ Scout video so he doesn't make a video about me.

I think the referee is not allowed to touch them
I have seen a kid judo comp where the kid got concuss with a big throw.

The kid cried. The ref forced the kid to stand up and bow. So the ref could close the match with judo etiquette..

Then the ref told the kid to walk for 30 meters in direction to the medical first aid team.

He did not call them on the mats...lol

All at the same large US/Canadian tournament, all to our team (meaning it was probably even more widespread):

Seen a ref miss the tapping to an armbar...called matte when the young lady screamed as her arm snapped.

Saw one totally miss osaekomi during a kids match...

But no less than 4 refs around the mat called out my six year old novice for his sleeves being an inch short and threatened to hansomake him if he bowed on with that top....

Priorities...

Our head coach went full Italian on the head table

I get yelled at every tournament I referee for moving around too much. And kneeling down to see what's going on in matwork. And smiling. And forgetting guillotines are illegal. And telling the little kids how to bow in/out. And speaking English.

You could rename this thread:

Why Judo is dieing in 'Merica....

Why can Judo referees not move? I don't understand the need for the upright posture and I think it is dangerous. Here is a video I just saw where someone was out again and the referee had no idea. It is a BJJ Scout video so he doesn't make a video about me.

Lol. WTF. The other competitor looked worried. Why didn't the ref stop the mat or even look to see if the person was alright. That choke looked deep. I guess judo guys really don't know anything about submissions anymore.

Lol. WTF. The other competitor looked worried. Why didn't the ref stop the mat or even look to see if the person was alright. That choke looked deep. I guess judo guys really don't know anything about submissions anymore.

Judo is filled with a lot of weird beliefs and attitudes that go unquestioned, particularly when it comes to submissions.

White belts (and children) throwing each other ass-over-head = not dangerous
Guillotines, pulling the head down in triangle = endangering the neck

Getting pushed out of bounds = noncombativity penalty
Playing dead to avoid matwork = automatic standup

Three minutes of gripfighting = spirit of Judo
Leg grabs and suplexes = against the 'true spirit' of Judo

8y5ABu4.gif

I get yelled at every tournament I referee for moving around too much. And kneeling down to see what's going on in matwork. And smiling. And forgetting guillotines are illegal. And telling the little kids how to bow in/out. And speaking English.

Next time just tell us what you DON'T get yelled at for

The head ref for my club/most tournaments around here an IJF-B so he's just trying to make me the best lil ref I can be. FWIW I'm pretty good with my calls. I was hoping to test for my national certification but we didn't make NCJAs a testing site this year. I'm gonna play the other tournaments nearby that are testing sites, but I eventually plan on being certified.

upload_2018-1-17_11-32-23.jpeg

Back