Jimmy Smith Signs With the UFC officially

Fuck yeah ! Smith is the man . Wonder who he’ll be teamed with ?

Never cared about him. Very "vanilla" imo.

I think Jimmy Smith does a decent job, but he did lose a fight to Andy Wang (for realz) so I can't take him 100% seriously.

screw that, it's time for Bas & Ranallo

Before this thread gets invaded with people who are either noobs, or are too butthurt over Goldie's departure to give Jimmy a chance, I want to make sure everyone has watched at least a couple of episodes of "Fight Quest" on youtube.

I know most of us know what I'm taking about, but for those who don't, Jimmy Smith had a tv show where him and his buddy would travel the world, meet some veterans of the local martial arts (i.e. Muay Thai when in Thailand, Wing Chun in China etc), then they would train for one week in the art, and then have a full contact fight in the discipline with one of the local gym fighters. I thought the show was fuckin sick, and Jimmy Smith is more than just the Joe Rogan looking commentator guy from Bellator, he's got some legit KO's in his resume and I am stoked as fuck to have him Join the broadcast team, even though it feels like drafting a young QB to replace Rogan someday...

I always watch Bellator and I don’t like Smith. There’s a lot of pretty good former fighters who can announce.
He seems so clueless about the sport to me despite being in it for so long.

It’s like listening to sugar ray Leonard commentate boxing.
If i didn’t know it was ray Leonard I would think he didn’t know anything about boxing.

I almost barfed reading this I'm feeling sick

I always watch Bellator and I don’t like Smith. There’s a lot of pretty good former fighters who can announce.
He seems so clueless about the sport to me despite being in it for so long.

It’s like listening to sugar ray Leonard commentate boxing.
If i didn’t know it was ray Leonard I would think he didn’t know anything about boxing.

I hate how he always has to tell fighters what they should b doing like he could be doing better lmfao

This guy is like a soulless robot clone of Rogaine.

Was already posted hours ago

Back