2018 cold front in the midwest

i went jogging and my contact lenses froze. i never even knew that could happen lol

It's so cold here that I almost had to put on a hoodie while out fixing a fence in my front acreage. Must be 55 out there... Burrrrrrrrr, so cold.

Work last week:
ship1jpg-3979d8527b0f2218.jpg

-34 F wind chill
(The guy in the yellow hardhat on the front is me)

Its a balmy -8 degrees here in missouri. If i walk outside i literally cant breath it is so cold. I tried to get in my truck yesterday and the doors were frozen solid.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Be safe, stay inside, and stay warm. This shit is cray cray.

you couldn't pay me to live in missouri, or one of those midwestern states that have extreme weather like that. i'll stick with my bland and boring san francisco bay area weather.

I love all the " hurr durr .....8 below ain't sheeeott pussy, been 26 below here all week ....derp"

Go outside in your underwear and you'll be dead in under an hour regardless. 8 below is cold whether you are used to colder or not.

Its a balmy -8 degrees here in missouri.

Christ, that's crazy. How can it be that cold in Missouri? I'm right next to you in Oklahoma and the coldest we got is 12 degrees. 20 degrees below freezing. No matter the weather, I'm always outdoors. I have donkeys that I rescue and raise. Biggest issue is keeping their water from freezing. I do use an electrical heating element but a lot of people don't. I don't know how cows and horses make it through the winter in Montana or Canada. It gets ridiculously cold up there. At least donkeys grow a second coat of fur for the winter. Bears are smart, they just hibernate through this shit.

If it gets this cold, how gloval warming thing?

lol

-8 sucks, but it ain't that bad. We were just dealing with negative temps in the Chicago area for the last few weeks. Meh

Was -30 with windchill

Yesterday it was 50 degrees out. YOLO
Yup

Was going to say I look forward to -8 so I can get back in my shorts outside.

True story I still just wear my shorts when going back and forth to the gym if it is warmer than -10 and I've worn shorts while cycling on those fat tire bikes at -20 in Lake Louise.

-30 range is where I start to think things are painfully cold.

I love all the " hurr durr .....8 below ain't sheeeott pussy, been 26 below here all week ....derp"

Go outside in your underwear and you'll be dead in under an hour regardless. 8 below is cold whether you are used to colder or not.

You notice a difference, trust me.

You notice a difference, trust me.

I'm sure you do man , I'm just commenting on the annoying need for people to make every single little fucking thing about 1 up'ing someone.

-8 is pretty fucking cold , the end.

It’s going to be nearly 80 tomorrow in LA.

the -8 is with windchill. the wind is what kills here. monday it is expected to be -3 not including the wind. my dad told me "this is nothing, i grew up in this weather in New York" then i watched him trying and failing to open my truck for like 20 minutes

even he got frustrated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back