What do you weigh? Seriously

Weight?

• Total voters
5'6" and slightly under 150#. This past week was the first time lifting in several months. I did try my new squat shoes that I got this Christmas though!

5'9 120-125. I have crohns disease, so eating can be a challenge. Last time I was tested my body fat was around 8 percent. Im a little bag of lean muscle and bones lol. Really hard to gain mass since i cant eat things high in fiber, but been reading a lot here to try to learn more to try to gain weight. Ideal weight my doctor/nutritionist said should be 155-165. What we are targeting for is 135-140.
Crohn's management can be challenging. Unless you have an active flare, you can eat adequate fiber in your diet. Usually increasing gradually to anywhere between 25-35 grams per day. If you are in remission and notice you are getting symptoms it may be possibly to high FODMAP foods. Doing a low FODMAP elimination diet might be useful to determine potential trigger foods. I agree talk to your GI doc and RD about it.

Keep working on it with your doc and nutritionist, and other people you trust. There's options and ways to progress, even if you have Chrohns!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, this is the reason ive been trying to make more friends in my area into combat sports, or just working out/bodybuilding trying to pick their minds and try to find things i can do to gain mass.

Crohn's management can be challenging. Unless you have an active flare, you can eat adequate fiber in your diet. Usually increasing gradually to anywhere between 25-35 grams per day. If you are in remission and notice you are getting symptoms it may be possibly to high FODMAP foods. Doing a low FODMAP elimination diet might be useful to determine potential trigger foods. I agree talk to your GI doc and RD about it.

Thank you for the kind words, i appreciate it as it can be hard to talk about, but sometimes you just gotta put yourself out there. Right now the only fiber im getting is from red meats, that i can surprisingly still eat. I havent heard of the FODMAP diet so i will go check it out. So far ive tried the BRAT diet and a few other similar ones and just trying to find what works for me, thank you both for the responses.

Thank you for the kind words, i appreciate it as it can be hard to talk about, but sometimes you just gotta put yourself out there. Right now the only fiber im getting is from red meats, that i can surprisingly still eat. I havent heard of the FODMAP diet so i will go check it out. So far ive tried the BRAT diet and a few other similar ones and just trying to find what works for me, thank you both for the responses.

There's is no specific diet for Inflammatory Bowel Disease when in remission outside of a general healthful diet. It's based on symptom management. You only have to follow a low fiber diet during a flare, which should be followed by slow gradual increase in fiber when back in remission. Red meat has pretty much no fiber. Fiber usually comes from plant based foods unless added to foods. So your fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, nuts, etc. If you are considering following a low FODMAP diet I would recommend an RD assisting you on doing so.

This is just general information since I don't know your history and I'm not on here to give you specific medical/nutrition advice.

There's is no specific diet for Inflammatory Bowel Disease when in remission outside of a general healthful diet. It's based on symptom management. You only have to follow a low fiber diet during a flare, which should be followed by slow gradual increase in fiber when back in remission. Red meat has pretty much no fiber. Fiber usually comes from plant based foods unless added to foods. So your fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, nuts, etc. If you are considering following a low FODMAP diet I would recommend an RD assisting you on doing so.

This is just general information since I don't know your history and I'm not on here to give you specific medical/nutrition advice.

Yeah i know everyone who has it varies, hence why my nutritionist has had me try so many different diets to see what works for me. Im not really in remission right now, but im also not having bad flare ups, just mild, which is keeping my weight "stable" but still low and I cant gain weight without the fiber intake. Ive tried slowly increasing fiber but it really dislikes me lol. My crohns is different then most, basically to make it short, where mine is at, combined with the inflammation i vomit more then have bathroom issues. So no nuts for me, they can really cut up my throat haha. Thanks once again man. Hell if only i got into combat sports at a younger age, I would have an insane reach in 125 range (73" lol) I feel like slender man sometimes haha

Last edited:
Right now 177 5'8"

Weight 165 lbs

Height 5,7

Lean but not shredded.

Obviously it based by country, but generally speaking 160-180 seems to average. , literally the statistical average of 1st world countries provided you take out extreme variables like obesity and disease. Tell me what you guys think about these tentative numbers.

Average weight among Average Height Sherdoggers.5'8-5'11
<140(Underweight variables considered)
140-150(Below average, but not underweight)
150-160(Slightly under average, but still in the average range.)
160-180(Median average)
180-190(Slightly above average, but still in the average range.)
190-200(Above average, but not excessive provided BF% isn't high
205+(Overweight variables considered)

If you are Shorter then 5'8 or taller then 5'11 add or subtract 5 pounds per inch to get a rough average estimate. Note that differences in diet, ethnicity, country all will add some degree of subjectivity, but you get the idea.

I'm 5'8 at 190 lbs. I'd love to hit 175 again.

I'm 5'8 at 190 lbs. I'd love to hit 175 again.

Seems to be most guys that are 5'9 want to lose some weight when all I want is to gain some.

Give me 10 pounds of lean muscle and I'll take that 15 pounds off your hands haha.

Last edited:
Seems to be most guys that are 5'9 want to lose some weight when all I want is to gain some.

Give me 10 pounds of lean muscle and I'll take that 20 pounds off your hands haha.
Shit. I just want to see my abs again.

5’10 170.
Pretty close to top shape, when I get really serious it dips to 166ish

5'11 200lbs. Would like to be 210lbs with low body fat but that is proving hard.
Hit your different mucle groups two times a week and eat clean, high protein, fats, lower carbs. I'm 6.2, was 270 but I've been doing this and lost fat and gained lean mucle mass. Consistency is the biggest thing.

What's so funny? I'm probably down to like 230 now. To be fair my legs are massive and the main reason I'm heavy, not so much the fat, which ive cut down drastically. I forgot you can't help people on Sherdog because there's a bunch of assholes like you that judge everyone and can't make quality or even decent posts.. I forgot, whoops! You think I'd know after being here almost 10 years.

Hit your different mucle groups two times a week and eat clean, high protein, fats, lower carbs. I'm 6.2, was 270 but I've been doing this and lost fat and gained lean mucle mass. Consistency is the biggest thing.

I'm not going to gain a huge amount of muscle now. I have a very small frame and I'm 34 now. I have gained over 30kg in my adult life and have a very low body fat percentage. I've done well to get as big as I am now at this body fat.

Last edited:
What do you fight at? 154?

Do you lift? Or all sport specific?

I fight in around 71 kg in muay thai.

Fought in - 75 kg in sanshou. But thats many many years ago.

I dont really do much heavy lifting. I have some periodes where i lift weights. But not that often. I like to use martial arts as training for both strenght and cardio. But i am also into body weight training. Pull ups, Push ups, dips, ect

Back