How do the Glory rankings work?

rorschach51

1970, 2020, 2023, 2024
@Silver
Reaction score
If you look at the rankings on Glory's website per division each fighter has a point total. I tried to look under rules/FAQ under rankings but when you click on that link it wont load and just times out. So does anyone here know how the Glory rankings work and what those point totals are based on?

Last edited:
Edited the OP to include Glory.com because I just realized how the fuck is anyone suppose to know what I'm talking about or where these rankings are I'm referring too lol. You can tell I don't make a lot of threads.

the glory rankings makes near to no sense no matter the formula that they gave to it

Rob the champion of his title, rank him as #1 behind the paper champion. Has happened to Sittichai and Petchpanomrung.

Besides that it's a strange system with points including the number of fans on social media. Maybe the're changed it now

Go to combat pres dot come for up to date ranks. Glory has conflict of de intrest/

Rob the champion of his title, rank him as #1 behind the paper champion. Has happened to Sittichai and Petchpanomrung.

Besides that it's a strange system with points including the number of fans on social media. Maybe the're changed it now
<TheWire1>{<huh} That's beyond strange no wonder their FAQ doesn't load, talk about a terribly flawed system if that's for real.

Go to combat pres dot come for up to date ranks. Glory has conflict of de intrest/
Thank you.

the glory rankings makes near to no sense no matter the formula that they gave to it

So the feeling I'm getting from some of you here is that Glory isn't that great, is that a fair conclusion?

So the feeling I'm getting from some of you here is that Glory isn't that great, is that a fair conclusion?
yeah

glory is good,very good when they do events on Europe and average-mediocre when they do events in US

this year is probably going to be a year full of stacked card in glory organization thanks to Badr Hari

no matter where they put him to fight in europe(france,Belgium,Germany) there will be a very good card with him

No.1 org always get hate , just like the ufc and k1 back in the day (now it seems like it is a sin to talk bad about k1).

Regarding the Glory ranking, its a tool of the organisation to hype fights. Guys that have an upcoming fight or multiple fight contact seem to rise faster :p .

Like said before combat press and also liverkick.com have good rankings.

They're fine for what they are--a European/North American org that have some really good top names, but are sort of thinly spread out across their weight divisions. Its a fine org, but not the end all be all of kickboxing. Honestly a lot of it just comes to shoddy operations. They don't build up storylines well. They have big gaps in their talent pool. They (used to) market guys who honestly seem like C-tier guys who got a card cause they were locals.

Unfortunately, they have this odd pretension where they pretend to be the UFC of Kickboxing (or in their words 'the Premier kickboxing organization'). Only the UFC has maybe 80% of the top talent in MMA and Glory has nothing close to that. Yet their management is classless and going around badmouthing other orgs.

The fact of the matter is, Glory is kickboxing's rebound girl. K-1 was the one who got away. Everyone got really into Glory for the first year or so, saying it's going to be everything K-1 was and more, but it became really clear early on that that wasn't going to happen. Now we're starting to notice all these other girls like those hotshot Chinese orgs and K-1's twice removed cousin K-1 Japan are all pretty fine and Glory is coming off as a bit psycho-desperate in insisting they're on top.

They're fine for what they are--a European/North American org that have some really good top names, but are sort of thinly spread out across their weight divisions. Its a fine org, but not the end all be all of kickboxing. Honestly a lot of it just comes to shoddy operations. They don't build up storylines well. They have big gaps in their talent pool. They (used to) market guys who honestly seem like C-tier guys who got a card cause they were locals.

Unfortunately, they have this odd pretension where they pretend to be the UFC of Kickboxing (or in their words 'the Premier kickboxing organization'). Only the UFC has maybe 80% of the top talent in MMA and Glory has nothing close to that. Yet their management is classless and going around badmouthing other orgs.

The fact of the matter is, Glory is kickboxing's rebound girl. K-1 was the one who got away. Everyone got really into Glory for the first year or so, saying it's going to be everything K-1 was and more, but it became really clear early on that that wasn't going to happen. Now we're starting to notice all these other girls like those hotshot Chinese orgs and K-1's twice removed cousin K-1 Japan are all pretty fine and Glory is coming off as a bit psycho-desperate in insisting they're on top.

Interesting. So K-1 is open again??? Also how can I watch the new K-1's and these Chinese Org's? Names? Where does one go to watch them?

Interesting. So K-1 is open again??? Also how can I watch the new K-1's and these Chinese Org's? Names? Where does one go to watch them?

K-1 is sorta back. Its not the same heavyweight focused org with Peter Aerts and Badr Hari and so on. Basically when the old K-1 was about to die, they made a spinoff org that was focused on the lighter weights (70kgs and lower) called Krush. That org got that rights to do K-1 events back in 2014 and have been scaling up.

If you're open to lighter weight classes, I suggest you check out their youtube channel as literally all of their fights are up there. It might be a slog to try to figure out which events are where, so I've made a playlist of one of their better recent events (their 62.5kg WGP) in order so that you can sort your way through the action.

There's a lot of Chinese orgs, but the big ones are Kunlun, Wu Ling Feng and Glory of Heroes. Its a lot harder to follow those since their media footprint is mostly on the Chinese internet, but Kunlun at least has a youtube vid with good fights up on it.

K-1 is sorta back. Its not the same heavyweight focused org with Peter Aerts and Badr Hari and so on. Basically when the old K-1 was about to die, they made a spinoff org that was focused on the lighter weights (70kgs and lower) called Krush. That org got that rights to do K-1 events back in 2014 and have been scaling up.

If you're open to lighter weight classes, I suggest you check out their youtube channel as literally all of their fights are up there. It might be a slog to try to figure out which events are where, so I've made a playlist of one of their better recent events (their 62.5kg WGP) in order so that you can sort your way through the action.

There's a lot of Chinese orgs, but the big ones are Kunlun, Wu Ling Feng and Glory of Heroes. Its a lot harder to follow those since their media footprint is mostly on the Chinese internet, but Kunlun at least has a youtube vid with good fights up on it.
Badar Hari, I've been looking for his fights a lot lately on yt, thanks for the links brother.

Are the Chinese Orgs strictly Chinese fighters or are there Dutch, Canadian, US, French fighters competing there as well?

Are the Chinese Orgs strictly Chinese fighters or are there Dutch, Canadian, US, French fighters competing there as well?
There are a lot of foreigners but quite often half or more of the cards are Chinese. They do have some good fighters though.

One of the best kickboxing orgs but their rankings and judging isn't the best

Regarding the Glory ranking, its a tool of the organisation to hype fights. Guys that have an upcoming fight or multiple fight contact seem to rise faster :p .

Like said before combat press and also liverkick.com have good rankings.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiis.
some really good top names, but are sort of thinly spread out across their weight divisions. Its a fine org, but not the end all be all of kickboxing.

Glory champs are good but other than them being at the top of the list just ignore the Glory rankings they're more or less meaningless. They've just randomly bumped people's points so they're up a spot higher and it sounds better to say ranked 5th or 6th instead of 7th. And yeah a bunch of times also a fighters contractual situation with the promotion clearly decided where they were ranked. Petrosyan kept slipping in the rankings when it was clear he wouldn't be fighting for Glory anymore whilst other fighters with 0 or 1 wins somehow kept steady over him.

The fact of the matter is, Glory is kickboxing's rebound girl. K-1 was the one who got away*. Everyone got really into Glory for the first year or so, saying it's going to be everything K-1 was and more, but it became really clear early on that that wasn't going to happen. Now we're starting to notice all these other girls like those hotshot Chinese orgs and K-1's twice removed cousin K-1 Japan are all pretty fine and Glory is coming off as a bit psycho-desperate in insisting they're on top.
*got away=died of every form of cancer known to man

Someone also bought the body and kept going around exhibiting it. Eventually someone cloned it and the clone looks pretty good so far. The cancer corpse might still be around though, nobody really knows.

*got away=died of every form of cancer known to man

Someone also bought the body and kept going around exhibiting it. Eventually someone cloned it and the clone looks pretty good so far. The cancer corpse might still be around though, nobody really knows.

We don't talk of the plague maiden. Not after Max 2014.

Krush wasn't a spinoff org. It was a complete different org owned by Good Loser. K-1 was owned by FEG.

FEG went bust. And EMCOM bought it out. Held some events on their own, but the production quality was dogshit. Bad lighting, horrible camera work. Couldn't get the basics right from what I saw.

Ended up licensing the name off to Good Loser who started operating K-1 Japan (alongside Krush). And I think maybe they licensed the Europe rights off as well to other promoters, but don't know much about that.

We still don't know whats the deal with the video library. Apparently GLORY bought that out from the Japanese TV networks, but EMCOM disputed it. But judging by the fact that UFC Fight Pass is carrying Glory and old K-1 WGP fights, EMCOM hasn't really done shit about that either.

Back