Calling it now: Ngannou smokes Stipe. Sign here for future shaming!

Wilder may look wild and scrubby, but the gap in skill - boxing wise - between a top HW boxer and Ngannou or any other UFC fighter is fucking huge. And how well David Haye did against Wilder is 100% irrelevant. Haye is a skilled world class boxer, Ngannou is not. Ngannou went into MMA because he's not good enough to be a boxer.

Defence and ringsmarts and stamina play a huge role in pro boxing, and people lacking in any 1 area get weeded out long before they get to world level.

Pillowfists McGregory against Floyd should have been all the proof you need that any MMA fighter is going to get clowned in boxing. Conor is a legit sharpshooter in MMA, yet looked hopeless against a 40 year old Floyd who looked like he just rolled off the couch and plodded forward without a care in the world. Could barely lay a glove on Floyd, and had no power by boxing standards.

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

UepSTfZ.gif

aosECR9.gif

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

I actually like Francis, and am not exactly big on WIlder - but any experienced HW boxer would be able to nullify Francis easily, make him gas, and take him out. The difference in experience, skill, and defense is just too much. It takes a lot more than power to reach the top in boxing.

god, that gif of Mcgregor doing his fancy step right into an attack angle. Could watch that forever.

Let's put it this way, if you were to tell me Francis had no chance, I would basically shrug, and give you a "Yeah"

All I'm saying is that Francis would have a better chance than McG against Floyd.

If you are so sure - then bet on it. The odds are decent.

If Stipe is about standing and banging to prove a point, oh he is in for a short night..

I'm an Ngannou fan but I think Stipe will counter him in one of the early exchanges and put him to sleep. It won't make it out of round one either way.

Wilder may look wild and scrubby, but the gap in skill - boxing wise - between a top HW boxer and Ngannou or any other UFC fighter is fucking huge. And how well David Haye did against Wilder is 100% irrelevant. Haye is a skilled world class boxer, Ngannou is not. Ngannou went into MMA because he's not good enough to be a boxer.

Defence and ringsmarts and stamina play a huge role in pro boxing, and people lacking in any 1 area get weeded out long before they get to world level.

Pillowfists McGregory against Floyd should have been all the proof you need that any MMA fighter is going to get clowned in boxing. Conor is a legit sharpshooter in MMA, yet looked hopeless against a 40 year old Floyd who looked like he just rolled off the couch and plodded forward without a care in the world. Could barely lay a glove on Floyd, and had no power by boxing standards.

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

UepSTfZ.gif

aosECR9.gif

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

I actually like Francis, and am not exactly big on WIlder - but any experienced HW boxer would be able to nullify Francis easily, make him gas, and take him out. The difference in experience, skill, and defense is just too much. It takes a lot more than power to reach the top in boxing.

And if Floyd was stupid enough to mess with Conor in full MMA engagement he is getting KTFO badly.. Leg kicks like he did with Nate chopping him down and that straight left down the middle. Night night..

blatant lie

No it isn't. He started out boxing. If he was hammering pros in sparring, he would have been encouraged to become a pro himself, and if he was that good he'd be right in the mix now with AJ and Wilder, earning millions.

He obviously realised he had a much easier, more realistic avenue to becoming a UFC champ.

No it isn't. He started out boxing. If he was hammering pros in sparring, he would have been encouraged to become a pro himself, and if he was that good he'd be right in the mix now with AJ and Wilder, earning millions.

He obviously realised he had a much easier, more realistic avenue to becoming a UFC champ.
he said that is coach said that its easier becoming an MMA fighter in france than a boxer, so he became an MMA fighter. the rest you're just speculating

And if Floyd was stupid enough to mess with Conor in full MMA engagement he is getting KTFO badly.. Leg kicks like he did with Nate chopping him down and that straight left down the middle. Night night..

Insecure McNuthugger detected.

tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif

Ngannou smokes crack after Stipe KO's him and sends him back to the mean streets of France empty handed once again

I'm thinking Stipe will connect with a strike to the jaw while moving backwards as Ngannou charges forward in an apocaliptic manner trying to bumrush him.

I'm just trying to picture the fight:

Ngannou is dangerous if within his reach, so what is Stipe planning- to dart in and out? Or is his plan to get inside and take the shots that come with that? I just don't see a path to victory for Stipe, unless he tries some strategy like leg kicks or outright wrasslin.

See, I prefer making totally wild, unlikely claims about the future. Sure I might be wrong on 99 of 100 of them, but folks forget that.

The 1 in 100 I'm right on, I'll totes get to say "I CALLED THAT" forever.

So I'm calling it now - Chael Sonnen, Bellator HW champion. I'll laugh as much as I laughed when Bisping KO'd Rockhold.

Stop doubting and board the Ngannou train. He is the new breed. The HW champ we've all been yearning for.

giphy.gif

Predicting a TKO win in rd 1 or early rd 2.
"Sign here for future shaming?"

Uh oh--another @RTL copyright infringed!

If Stipe loses I will delete my account. Will you do the same?

Stipe will take him down and make him look silly on the mat. Mark my words Sherdoggers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back