General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFA 30: Millender vs. Barnes
JANUARY 12, 2018
OC Fair & Event Center | Costa Mesa, California

Fight Card - (1-12-2018 at 10 PM ET, AXS TV)

Nick Barnes +145
Curtis Millender -185

Talison Soares Costa +225
Fernando Padilla -305

Charlie Alaniz +150
Maikel Perez -190

Craig Wilkerson +260
Jordan Wright -380

Maycon Mendonca +160
Christian Aguilera -210

Started looking into AXS and I'm liking a lot of the dogs. Costa is a competent grappler. He can give Padilla some problems. Also thought Medonca line was off. I do like Millender against Barnes though. I haven't done anything on Wright/Wilkerson and Perez/Alaniz, but leaning towards the dogs on those too.

I'm eating a lot of chalk on LFA too, just like Invicta. I'm big on Millender at the opener to win 2u, he's much taller and a better striker than the tough Barnes. I also like Perez's Cuban wrestling vs scrappy TUF veteran Alaniz. I put Wright and Padilla in a parlay as well. Padilla is the riskier of the two heavy favorites, depending on if Costa can handle his striking and make it a gritty fight. No bet on Mendonca/Aguilera yet.

Upon looking a little further, I do think Wright would have a hard time losing here. I can see this being made into a fight and his opponents have mainly sucked, but I do think he has the skills.

I agree with Batboy, now that I looked into it a bit. Mendonca fought better competition than Aguilera and has value as an underdog. 2u at +140.

Hey guys,

We did this last year and it was great. Join the UFC Pick Em League to track how well you can pick winners and props. No money at stake just a great way to track results and see how well you can pick winners.

Please follow below link

http://bit.ly/2mBPbqf

Non-MMA sports thread is that-a-way fellas ----->

get-the-fuck-out_o_1884095.jpg

And just seeing that the non-MMA thread for January is gone...

LFA 30 Risk $960.00

Curtis Millender (-185) vs Nick Barnes $370.00 for $200.00
Maikel Perez (-190) vs Charlie Alaniz $190.00 for $100.00
Maycon Mendonca (+140) vs Christian Aguilera $100.00 for $140.00
Maycon Mendonca (+140) vs Christian Aguilera $100.00 for $140.00

Parlay:
Jordan Wright (-380) vs Craig Wilkerson + Fernando Padilla (-305) vs Talison Soares Costa $200.00 for $135.46

Just the one bet for me.. 0.33u Barnes +255. Might do a lil more when line moves.. first example of new unit size making it harder starts on first fight of 2018 haha.

fuck, man. i wanted to bet alaniz +3xx but he has fought nothing but mediocre competition outside of kanehara and elliot on tuf.. and he got INSTA finished by both (never saw the kanehara fight) -- and maikel, while raw still, is a darn good wrestler.. prolly just takes charlie down. pass, i guess

k, i'm set:

0.5u barnes +248 - hope he's able to keep it in boxing range, he has better hands than millender and he might be the better wrestler, tho i expect this to be a close 15 min standup fight.

0.33u soares +255 -- this padilla kid burned me against minner, but mannnn, idk. he's what, 21? 22? and he's a freakin beanpole at 145.. ALL of his wins are rd 1 subs.. the only time he went past 1 round he lost a decision (granted, ige is legit, he's in ufc next after DW fight)... talison soares is a legit bjj blackbelt.. tho i'm ONLY going off of tape on soares, i have never seen him live. /shrug. i just figure this mexican kid who relies on scramble subs and shit is gonna lose position to the experienced bjj player and at +255 i'll take that chance.

I've never seen Barnes fight before, but he's exposing the same holes Millender has had for a long time.

Let's see how Millender responds in R2.

Millender with the lucky head kick.

Too bad Barnes took his foot off the gas in R2. It allowed Millender to get comfortable and start to land his 1 strike at a time.

Millender still trash. I hope he comes back to the UFC so I can win more money betting against him.

Millender with the lucky head kick.

Too bad Barnes took his foot off the gas in R2. It allowed Millender to get comfortable and start to land his 1 strike at a time.

Millender still trash. I hope he comes back to the UFC so I can win more money betting against him.
Hahaha. Millender called for a second round KO pre fight and got it. 2 devastating head kick KO wins in a row.

Lucky :rolleyes:

That highlight reel head kick by Millender was huge especially since he appeared to lose round 1. Only a 1u loss on the balance. Some good fights scheduled on the upcoming LFA cards too.

LFA 30 Results Risk $960.00

Curtis Millender (-185) vs Nick Barnes $370.00 for $200.00= $200.00
Maikel Perez (-190) vs Charlie Alaniz $190.00 for $100.00= $100.00
Maycon Mendonca (+140) vs Christian Aguilera $100.00 for $140.00= -$100.00
Maycon Mendonca (+140) vs Christian Aguilera $100.00 for $140.00= -$100.00

Parlay:
Jordan Wright (-380) vs Craig Wilkerson + Fernando Padilla (-305) vs Talison Soares Costa $200.00 for $135.46= -$200.00
-----
Total Loss= -$100.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back