fighters that cheated in a fight

Anderson cheated hard in round 2 of the second fight against Chael. Pretty clear that no matter what it took he was determined there was no way he was spending another round on his back.

I don't think it qualifies as cheating, but rather as assault. But Palhares deserves to be mentioned as one of the worst competitors to go against, worthy of permanent ban from the sport.

Palhares cheated his way to a win over Jake, then went on to hold the sub way after the fight was over, and people still cite that fight, in which Jake was dominating throughout except when being countered with blatant and constant fouls, as some sort of evidence that Palhares has better MMA grappling than Jake.

Palhares cheated his way to a win over Jake, then went on to hold the sub way after the fight was over, and people still cite that fight, in which Jake was dominating throughout except when being countered with blatant and constant fouls, as some sort of evidence that Palhares has better MMA grappling than Jake.

His actions are so atrocious I don't think I should have brought him up. He doesn't belong with "normal cheats" IMO. It's just assault.

Coleman throwing his Takada fight to make a couple bucks. Close thread.

giphy.gif

I agree dirty fighters or those who have shown bag signs should be reprimanded more frequent. And yep he got Mike pretty good too. Pokenibbio is going on his eye poke run. 170 pound eye poke king, I dont think even Jones could handle Pokenibbios jock strap lol.

maxresdefault.jpg
So you’re telling me that Santiago Ponzinibbio has laser sharp accuracy where he can purposely stick his finger into someone’s eye who is in constant movement? What is he, Spiderman?

Chuck eye poking Tito in their first fight, then getting the TKO. Chuck eye poking Randy, then getting the TKO in their last fight.

Anderson Silva grabbing Chael's shorts to keep him in range to land damage in the second round of their rematch, which resulted in Chael getting desperate and making a fight ending mistake.

Holly Holm grabbing Ronda's uniform strap, pulling her off balance and into position for the head kick. I'm no Ronda fan, but this illegal move was intentional.

Some dude fought Bas and lied and said Bas hit him with a closed fist in Pancrase.

So Bas deliberately destroyed him to the liver. Backed off. And repeat.
Jason Delucia. One of the best Sherdog feuds.

Here's the fight. The look on Jason's face after the next to last liver shot is awesome.

Cheik "Cup" Kongo repeatedly kneeing CroCop in the nuts was painful to watch. he fucking did it on purpose and not even a point was taken away.
I like Kongo but he's done this too many times in fights for it to be an accident.

Faber vs. Rivera.

I fucking hate urijah after this fight. Was getting his ass handed to him then pulls some bitch shit and stabs Francisco’s eyes. Faber tried it in the jimmy Rivera fight but couldn’t steal another win. Fuck Urijah. Glad he’s an afterthought.

Sims v Mir
213rgr9.jpg

which of course begs the question whether fans see a difference between accidental and purposeful fouls. is it a foul if it's accidental and cheating if it's not? most eye pokes and fence grabs seem to me to be accidental or instinctual, though there are definitely examples of blatantly purposeful. and once it was learned that there is little risk of penalty, examples of fighters taking advantage of the 'gray area' of not knowing whether it may or may not have been accidental or not.

which is why i like Sims v Mir. grabbing the fence in order to stomp the opponents face 4 times....that's not gray area :)

mir-ko-sims.gif

Jon “Fingers to the Eyes” Jones?

Jon “Dick Pills” Jones?

I can't find the pic or clip but Lou Duva made Golota use a heavy bag equipped with trunks training for the rematch. Hilarious.
Didn't Golota bend down and unleash a 3-punch combo on Bowe's balls? I've never seen anything more blatant.

Are spikes still illegal in MMA? I know they aren't really enforced as much, but they are, as far as I know...

This one makes me cringe when I think of what could have been (Belcher/Okami)

2ic74fs.gif

Belcher again. This one isn't as bad. More like a face buster...

fx9bv4.jpg

Marquardt channeling his inner Undertaker with a Tombstone Piledriver...

giphy.gif

Ishida and Melendez trading spikes, although Ishida's doesn't look intentional...

SpotlessJoyfulEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

And of course the moment we realized Minotauro could not die...

DqUrUVw.gif

Back