Harry Kane, Football's nr 1 in 2017

England looks like it will field a strong team this year at the WC with Harry Kane upfront. This may be there year. Everyone else looks kind of weak and old. Even Italy bowed out. Vardy, Kane, Rashford, or Sturridge, and Welbeck. They are looking mighty upfront.

Harry Kane also has a strange accent. It isnt quite cockney, or posh

He probably get bought by Real Madrid soon though.

England almost always field a strong team on paper but come tournament-time they inevitably end up looking like a bunch of retards trying to fuck a door knob. Going into Euro 16, you would be forgiven for saying England had theoretically one of the strongest teams in the tournament... guys like Kane, Vardy, Dele Ali, Sterling, Rashford, Sturridge etc... all of whom were scoring goals for fun in the premier league. That along with the experience of Rooney, Cahill, Hart etc... but still end up conceding to Iceland from a fucking throw-in and leaving the tournament having only won one game. It's the typical cycle now... they look absolute dynamite in the qualifiers, then just bottle it when it matters. It's why whenever a major tournament rolls around we always have the "what is England's problem?" debate. And sacking Big Sam was a schoolboy error in my book, no matter what he had done. At least he might make the England team play football the English way. Rather than allowing an arrogant Sterling to constantly try to dribble through defenders like an absolute lemon. Should've taken him off first time he tried that shit.

He doesn't have a strange accent? He speaks slightly strange like he has a golf ball in his mouth, but that's not to do with his accent. He has a very typical southern English accent. We're not all either posh or cockney... we don't live in some mad Mary Poppins/Oliver Twist world. That's a very normal accent.

Why would he go to Real Madrid? Spain is all hot and shit, plus he's got to learn a whole new language? Los sientos de nada amigo. Spurs don't feed Real Madrid anymore, we decided to start beating them instead.

lmao they'll be lucky to make it to the quarters. They will bottle it like usual.

At the back of our minds we know this to be true... it won't stop us singing "it's coming home" on the first game though, getting our hopes up like we always do

Here is good article about it?

http://www.goal.com/en-qa/news/keep...d-will-be-difficult/wwpiemmrwr5q12gowpmtt7xq7

At some point everyone leaves for the bigger clubs.

I did read the article and appreciate it is without a doubt a huge possibility. But I am a long way away from seeing it move from a possibility to an inevitability.

Firstly, I don't think there are many clubs in the top tier leagues that have experienced quite the same transformation in the last few seasons as Spurs. They have without question gone from existing seemingly perpetually in the shadow of their north London rivals to being rightfully considered not only one of the best clubs in London, but also one of the best clubs in the premier league. What does this have to do with your point? Well, Harry Kane has not only been an integral part of Spurs' newfound success, he is also a north London boy himself. I mean imagine taking your local team (whether it be Hull, Cambridge Utd, Blackburn Rovers or fucking Cowdenbeath) to the top of their field, imagine the pride you'd feel. Spurs are clearly no longer the average feeder club they used to be, they are easily a top team in their own right. And Kane (along with Pochettino et al) has been instrumental in that. So whilst I can't speak for him, I could understand why he might have much less desire to make a big-move transfer like Bale did. It's not even as if Real Madrid offer an exceptionally attractive move at the moment anyway.

Also... not everyone leaves for bigger clubs. Take Alan Shearer for example. Ask any proper hardcore Man Utd fan who is more than 25 years old what they think of Alan Shearer I guarantee they won't have anything nice to say about him. Because he shunned the obvious big move and followed his own path. And everyone (except Man Utd cry babies) respected that and still do.

Kane is cool and all but I’d much rather open player of the year Kante, Messi, Or Ronaldo in the 100 packs I’ve saved up for this weekend!

Back