Which fighter ever could win slugfest with Hagler?

Youre moving goal posts
I am not. You're picking slicksters who beat Hagler as evidence that Golovkin could beat him. Hagler's struggles with boxers are well known, I said earlier I'd pick a bunch of guys to outbox him but no aggressive fighters beat Hagler at his best IMO.

And Hagler got boxed up by Monroe.

Hagler wasnt an unbeatable juggernaut like hes being made out itt. He had a lot of “hot and cold” performances.

Aside from the fact that Monroe and Golovkin are miles apart stylistically, Hagler was 22 (and within the next two years he would avenge that loss twice by stoppage). When Golovkin was 22, he was getting soundly beaten in the Olympic finals by Gaidar Gaydarbekov.

Hagler was never unbeatable, but Golovkin wouldn't be stylistically problematic for him.

I think the big difference between Hagler and GGG would be that Hagler was a more versatile infighter than GGG is. That's not to say that GGG can't fight inside, but Hagler was a master there. Hagler was also a switch hitter, which means he could trouble GGG from any angle.

GGG is more versatile than given credit for though, he has a pole for a jab, good slipping ability when on the offensive, and has been seen to fight on the backfoot against Lemieux. He's also got good ring cutting skills, which would limit Hagler's ability to fight on the back foot to some degree.

If Hagler and GGG were to go at it, I favor Hagler by late stoppage or UD, but he'd have to go through absolute hell to get there: nobody is getting into a firefight with GGG and making it out without at least significant damage, particularly not the early GGG we saw fight around the Proksa era.

I am not. You're picking slicksters who beat Hagler as evidence that Golovkin could beat him. Hagler's struggles with boxers are well known, I said earlier I'd pick a bunch of guys to outbox him but no aggressive fighters beat Hagler at his best IMO.
You said Golovkin looked one dimensional. Hagler also had fights where he struggled in the same instance.

Its critiquing one and excusing another.

I'll also throw Pavlik and Benn out there as fun fights. No way either guy beats Hagler, but the first five rounds would be bonkers before Hagler inevitable beat them up.

Aside from the fact that Monroe and Golovkin are miles apart stylistically, Hagler was 22 (and within the next two years he would avenge that loss twice by stoppage). When Golovkin was 22, he was getting soundly beaten in the Olympic finals by Gaidar Gaydarbekov.

Hagler was never unbeatable, but Golovkin wouldn't be stylistically problematic for him.
And years after Hagler had already retired Golovkin is still winning against the best.

Golovkin would give him everything he could possibly handle.

And years after Hagler had already retired Golovkin is still winning against the best.

Nah. He'd give him a decent fight, but Hagler has every advantage outside of maybe power where they're fairly comparable.

when i think of slugfest i think straight banging away with not much defense.

I think Tito might manage but his early in fight chin might be a hindrance
GGG he has a crazy chin so he might have a chance

Honestly not to many people come to mind

cool documantery about Marvin Hagler if you guys didnt know it

I like ggg but I don’t know about that, I think Marvin beats him handedly. Like I said before Gerald presents an Interesting match

I’m jumping in way after the golovkin hagler argument but why not. Hagler won’t back down, if ggg bangs as hard as he says he can why not?

As i was thinking about who could beat him in a slugger...

I just thought that Vargas x LaMotta would have been pretty fun to watch...

Hagler x Vargas
Would Vargas win?
Hmmm...don't really think so.
But he can make things really interesting...took Tito's bombs and kept getting up and charging at him

The thing with GGG is that its looking more and more like his power is just a bit overrated. I'd have to go with Hagler via corner stoppage. GGG would not quit though.

Still think G-man is the only guy who might beat Hagler in a shootout.

Sugar Ray Robinson

Julian Jackson

Nigel Benn

Gerald McClellan

Roy Jones Jr.

The hawk could. Body snatcher could. Are you looking for an outsider in your responses or just looking for regulars to reply to your posts that you already know the answer to?

Back