Another McGregor Teammate Chris Van Heerden Turns Snitch, Says He Doesn’t Hit That Hard

Mostly because elite boxers box, they make money doing it.

Elite grapplers fight MMA because they can't make legit money grappling.

I've always said that the best MMA fighters would be fighters who learn to box from a very early age up until their mid 20s while learning TDD and BJJ defense along the way.

What supports this view? There are tons of guys in MMA with world class striking and pretty damn good TDD and submission defense. Learning take down defense "along the way" will not keep you from getting taken down by someone like Khabib. Abel Trujillo is a lifelong wrestler, HS state champion and 4x NAIA All American and Khabib took him down 21 times.

Morons like you are whats wrong here. Im casual because i don't live on here like most of YOU losers? Been here since 04 bitch and watched the first UFC live. Go suck an egg.
nah

you're a casual because you think conor surviving 10 rounds meant something... when the fighter he was fighting sat back for half the fight and smiling at the camera

Van Heerden would get embarrassed by McGregor in the Octagon and I hate to sound like a Nuthugger, by why people continue to say he doesn't hit hard despite being in 16oz gloves and wearing head gear is a mystery to me. 4oz gloves are as close as it gets to the knuckles and bones and is a more accurate way to measure how hard he hits, and from the looks of it

conor-drops-alvarez1.gif

xpwN5Bf.gif

GoodEminentHyrax.gif

cm4_360.gif
conor-mcgregor-56.gif

When he connects clean, they fall, I'd love to see Van Heerden take the shots Nate, and Eddie took and still stand.

I think what people are referring to is the "if he touches you, youre done" narrative that was pushed leading up to the Floyd fight. Connor hits hard, I don't think anyone denies that he has the ability to knock people out, but a lot of his success is due to a combination of accuracy, speed, timing and power. All Van Heerden is denying is that Connor doesn't have any kind of raw power that he hasn't felt before. If Conor's 4oz power is really so out of this world, it would relatively translate to 16oz gloves as well and Van Heerden would be able to feel it.

The whole "Floyd has never felt power like Connor's" thing was a joke all along.

The video on this thread vs Van Heerden shows Mcgregor losing but still landing his own shots while pulling his punches. Not getting clowned, every video I've seen shows the same. You need to put your childish hate aside, getting clowned means you cannot even land a single shot.

Conor is a Karate/Boxer hybrid very much an old school Kickboxer type before the Dutch/European style showed it was superior due to its emphasis on the low kick and knees and clinch work.

He is not a pure boxer and anyone who expects him to beat a pure professional boxer under "boxing" rules is being naive.

However, if you understand fighting watch the video on this thread, repeatedly Conor checks himself measuring for kicks. Even Mayweather would not agree to fight Conor under Kickboxing rules let alone Van Heerden or Paulie because he would wreck them. Hence Conor is the superior "Striker". How the dorks on this forum have become so fixated with a complete Martial Artist fighting under boxing rules which is a completely limited skill set has been mind boggling to say the least.

There are daily threads on this, got it of course Mcgregor actually fought under Boxing rules. But its the most foreign rules set for an MMA fighter to fight under. People can talk all day about Mayweather carrying Conor who still couldnt KO him, he had the ref stop the fight due to no gas tank Conor gassing.

Imagine if Mcgregor fought in K1 Max at 155 or Lion Fight or Glory at 155lbs, he wouldn't just get carried, he'd be crushed. Not only are the top Kickboxers at 155 better boxers than him, they are better in every aspect of the striking game: punches, kicks, knees, and the clinch outside straight clinching under MMA rules. Why does that matter, the guy is an MMA fighter. It's a limited rules set, every one of these guys Conor would beat in an MMA match. Even Kickboxing changes dramatically once takedowns, wrestling and grappling are involved.

So why the infatuation with this as if boxing fanboys are wearing it like a badge of honor that Mcgregor lost in 10 rounds in a boxing match? The mindset is so 1999.

I will address your points in order.

1: we have different definitions of getting clowned clearly. I consider someone getting clowned watching it and knowing they are so far out of their depth they could never win.

2: I never expected him to win in fact I bet heavily on Floyd but I am not the one using his 10 rounds as some defence I am saying it was not as impressive as people are claiming saying he did better than manny etc. Conor only looked good at all because Floyd let him. This is easy to see as Floyd fought in a way to be more crowd pleasing for his last fight, because he had zero fear of losing. He also bet on himself to win in the exact way he did.

3: I am not claiming boxers would beat him in any other style of fighting but they are not stupid, they are different sports. Conor cashed in on an opportunity, Floyd made him look good because it made Floyd a lot of money. It was not some act of bravery to go box when he is getting 100 mil.

4: Floyd was about to KO Conor the ref just saved him from more damage but I agree he should have let it go so I will concede that point to you.

5: Kickboxers or other boxers for that matter would make a point of hurting Conor as you say they would KO him early because they would have no incentive not to. They would just want to make an example of him, the money would not be the same. Floyd did not do this for multiple reasons, first being its not his style, floyd is not a 1 hiter quitter. second he wanted to put on a show so this did not turn into a stinker like the Manny fight on the off chance he does fight again he wanted the fans to see a fun fight so that they would tune in again if he fought. The better the fight the more people want to see you next time without needing a marquee opponent.

6: I do not feel the need to resort to insults to make my points, nor am I a fanboy of any kind I both defend and critique all fighters the same. Conor has his good points he has his bad points. Personally I am not a fan but even my fav fighters I will not be blinded as to not point out failures.

edit for addition - I missed one, I have no infatuation with the Boxing I was simply refuting your claims of him doing well because he went 10 rounds

or saying the footage of him vs paulie meant anything when he only releases the parts he looks good in.

1: we have different definitions of getting clowned clearly. I consider someone getting clowned watching it and knowing they are so far out of their depth they could never win.
Eddie vs. Conor! The funny thing is, before that fight I thought Eddie was going to take Conor down and GNP him to a dominant finish!

Eddie vs. Conor! The funny thing is, before that fight I thought Eddie was going to take Conor down and GNP him to a dominant finish!
I thought Eddie would fight a far smarter fight and use his wrestling more effectively as well, but he came out with a striking mindset and got starched and could never recover.

Khabib is a MMA fighter to and can fight another raw grapplers in grappling.
Conor is a boxer-striker in MMA but he cant compete with raw boxers in boxing.

i think its interesting.
Khabib was a top level grappler years before he tried MMA, since he was a little kid. He's a grappler who transitioned to mma, Conor is an mma fighter trying to dabble in boxing

What supports this view? There are tons of guys in MMA with world class striking and pretty damn good TDD and submission defense. Learning take down defense "along the way" will not keep you from getting taken down by someone like Khabib. Abel Trujillo is a lifelong wrestler, HS state champion and 4x NAIA All American and Khabib took him down 21 times.

Lol "world class strikers" are not muay Thai fighters and kickboxers. The talent polls for those sports are non existent.

MMA is not full of world class strikers what so ever.

Nice find. If El Cucuy fought Conor like that, it would go the same way as the Alvarez fight and Conor would counter the fuck out of him. Tony's just throwing fists, no fucking defence at all, arms down, chin waving in the air and he wouldn't even know when the left cross came and smashed against his temple.

Everyone think Conor has no chance against Tony and while I also think Tony is likely to win that fight, mostly because Tony can take a punch and has great cardio, like Nate Diaz, there is a large possibility that he could get countered hard enough and often enough to lose.

The thing going for Tony is his kicks, distance control, chin, cardio and ground game. If he tried to stand up and trade fists with Conor like a fucking idiot, he will lose that fight like a fucking idiot.

Same with Khabib who is an almost certainty to fight rape Conor in the octagon provided he doesn't do his dumb thing of putting his head down and run in swinging like he does a few times. That fight would go like the Conor vs Marcus Brimage fight if he tries that.

In MMA, Conor has an excellent striking game. He understands distance, has fantastic timing, lulls his MMA bum rushing opponents into thinking they can get a shot off on him, is accurate with his punches and against MMA bum rushers he has excellent power because he can throw his punch out committed with wild abandon and not worry about defence. 99% of MMA fighters don't have anywhere near Conor's ability at striking. However Conor doesn't have anywhere near even a state level amateur boxer's ability at striking.

I jacked it from a Reddit thread today lol

Nice find. If El Cucuy fought Conor like that, it would go the same way as the Alvarez fight and Conor would counter the fuck out of him. Tony's just throwing fists, no fucking defence at all, arms down, chin waving in the air and he wouldn't even know when the left cross came and smashed against his temple.

Conor doesnt have a average striking defense, just look at his stats... around 55%. Why these Conor fans doesnt want to see that? You write like hes a Mayweather in the Octagon that never gets hit. He got hit by that sloppy boxing from Diaz alot. I dont understand why all these Conor superduperfans try to make out of him a counterboxer like a Mayweather.

I'll tell ya another thing. Look at those punches from Conor in the above gifs. He throws his punch like a baseball player swings his bat. A full power punch thrown with complete commitment and follow through with wanton abandon and no thought of any defensiveness.

It works well on MMA bums because Conor doesn't have to worry about being punished for his sloppiness. His MMA bum opponents have poor defence so he catches them easily and they have poor offence so he doesn't have to worry about a vicious counter.

He can't try that shit with a boxer. First of all they have far better defence. If he over commits like that, he will get viciously countered.

This is why there was a big difference between Conor's fights with MMA bums and his fight with Floyd. It had nothing to do with 40 yo old man retired Floyd being a boxing GOAT. It had nothing to do with bigger gloves. It had nothing to do with ruleset. It had everything to do with the fact he was facing a half decent boxer, even though he was old, slow and retired versus the bums he's faced in MMA.

It legitimately blows my mind people still don't comprehend the difference between MMA striking and boxing. Also the difference between MMA wrestling and wrestling.

In MMA, DC was outwrestled by Jones. This wasn't because Jones is a better wrestler- he's demonstrably worse, Cormier has all the credentials. If they had a direct match on a wrestling mat, I would bet on DC to win 90% of the time. But when elbows and knees are involved, the grappling involved in MMA is completely different, and Jones has clearly got a level above DC on that.

It's exactly the same for striking. Boxing has large padded gloves for defence, no need to defend kicks/elbows/knees/takedowns. You can use the gloves to deflect punches, meaning you can keep yourself quite compact and ready to strike, whilst also having defence ready. In MMA it's a totally different game, you can't defend yourself by keeping your hands up by your head or you're open to everything else. By definition MMA HAS to be more open and wild.

Boxers also dedicate everything to the miniscule details that make them perfect at their discipline, to the detriment of all the other disciplines. What you're suggesting is akin to saying that Usain Bolt, because he's such a phenomenal sprinter, could just train heptathlons for a few years and beat the whole field. Just because he excels so much at one discipline, does not by any stretch mean he can master all the others.

Put Floyd in a striking only match, with MMA gloves in the Octagon. Conor would make him look silly, because they're in his world now. Even without kicks or takedowns he could annihilate Floyd with clinch elbows and strikes that he just isn't used to in boxing. He couldn't pull shit like turning his back and playing the boxing game, because it wouldn't work in MMA.

And finally, if you think MMA athletes are so godawful, why in THE NAME OF FUCK DO YOU POST ON AN MMA BOARD? LOL

Khabib is a MMA fighter to and can fight another raw grapplers in grappling.
Conor is a boxer-striker in MMA but he cant compete with raw boxers in boxing.

i think its interesting.
you hear that guys he's not a boxer , he's a boxer boxer

McGregor isn't a good puncher relative to WWs in boxing. Relative to guys his size (MWs), he's a downright poor puncher. Do people think he hits anywhere near as hard as guys like Golovkin, Jacobs, Lemieux, Charlo, Stevens, or Canelo? Those are good punchers (hell, Canelo and Charlo aren't even more than above average punchers and they hit drastically harder than a guy like Mcgregor).

McGregor isn't a good puncher relative to WWs in boxing. Relative to guys his size (MWs), he's a downright poor puncher. Do people think he hits anywhere near as hard as guys like Golovkin, Jacobs, Lemieux, Charlo, Stevens, or Canelo? Those are good punchers (hell, Canelo and Charlo aren't even more than above average punchers and they hit drastically harder than a guy like Mcgregor).

Comparing Conor's punching to elite boxers who are actually the same size is laughable.

He doesn't even hit as hard as someone like Billy Joe Saunders.

...and for the people who think that it was impressive that he made it to the tenth with Mayweather, I doubt that he'd go half as long with Saunders.

Back