Why is Radiohead so highly rated?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems like everything they put out people latch onto.

What is it about the music that makes them so acclaimed?

Because they made one great song named "Creep".

I don't know. I keep trying to get into Radiohead, but cant bring my self to listen to a full album. I've no idea what it is, because their music isn't bad. It is just something that doesn't click with me. The one song I will keep playing on repeat is their cover of Joy Divion/New Order - Ceremony

I'm not a diehard fan of them but they've put out some unbelievable tracks/albums. I guess you've gotta have a tolerance for the whine

My fav

I don't know. I keep trying to get into Radiohead, but cant bring my self to listen to a full album. I've no idea what it is, because their music isn't bad. It is just something that doesn't click with me. The one song I will keep playing on repeat is their cover of Joy Divion/New Order - Ceremony

Absolutely love that cover along with this one

I don't even know how to describe it when you listen to this stuff while drunk.

They're my favorite band and have been for a while. They write brilliant shit.

Because a lot of people that are really into music, such as critics and other avid music listeners/connoisseurs love their music. They make great albums not really radio hits. They managed to get a following of people who give the time to everything they do. That’s how you get highly rated.

They made arguably the best alternative rock album of the 90’s..arguable..but that’s quite a feat in the 90’s.

What’s so good about their music? You can ask that about any artist. What do you want? An in depth analysis of a catalog you haven’t heard? They sound consistently good to me.

They're the hipster band for people who don't know any hipster bands. It's good music that walks the line between just weird enough and just catchy enough.

Idk, man. I just like them.

Even if they're not your cup of tea I don't think the talent is easy to miss.

They're the hipster band for people who don't know any hipster bands. It's good music that walks the line between just weird enough and just catchy enough.
The fuck is a hipster band? These guys have been making gold records for 20 plus years

They aren't some trendy flash in the pan

What makes radiohead great?

Longevity, diversity, ability

The fuck is a hipster band? These guys have been making gold records for 20 plus years

They aren't some trendy flash in the pan

What makes radiohead great?

Longevity, diversity, ability
Settle down Beavis, my post was in praise of the band.

I'm not a fan of Radiohead by any means but the band has released a few songs that I think sound really good. I have to give them credit though for not caving into what is popular or in.

Not my favorite style, but they are great at what they do. You might not like it, but there is no denying talent when you see it.

They have an entire slate of amazing songs but I still think they're overrated AF.

Them being a 'grunge' band was way better then whatever techno-jazz stuff they did afterwards.

Last edited:
They have an entire slate of amazing songs but I still think they're overrated AF.

Them being a 'grunge' band was way better then whatever techno-jazz stuff they did afterwards.
Thom Yorke hates hates the grunge version of the band which is we will never hear that style by them ever again

I really like everything they did up until In Rainbows.

Havent heard anything since then.

I’ve tried to get into Radiohead several times and couldn’t. I love a handful of their songs but like some others have said can’t get into a complete album...

Until their latest release. I freaking love it! I’m going to try and go back one more time and give their other albums a chance.

Back