How did Aldo become a small FW?

Started facing better fighters.

1500954903938.png

His size is exactly the same....I have no idea who is dwarfing him either.

In fact. I have no idea why anyone even responded in this thread. It makes no sense.

Aldo is not a tall FW anymore. But he's still a big FW. He walks around at 170 plus. He's a strong guy.

He’s too short though. 145ers cut 20 pounds and enter the cage at a lean/ripped 165.
You can easily carry a tonne of mass at 165 5’10. I had a 275 bench and 420 deadlift when I was 165 (barely any abs showing) at that height.

As others have mentioned now the division is maturing you will see 5’10/5’11+ fighters at FW.

He’s too short though. 145ers cut 20 pounds and enter the cage at a lean/ripped 165.
You can easily carry a tonne of mass at 165 5’10. I had a 275 bench and 420 deadlift when I was 165 (barely any abs showing) at that height.

As others have mentioned now the division is maturing you will see 5’10/5’11+ fighters at FW.
I think you guys are over estimating the height aspect, versus strength and size. Look at LW, last 3 champs are all 5'9 and under. ( not counting Tony). All the tall guys at FW are in their early or mid 20s, so it's easier for them to cut to 145. Guess most of them will wind up at LW in another 5 years.

USADA found his gym in Brazil even though they kicked out the tester.

Also once Conor beats you apparently you're not good anymore. Like how everyone turned on Eddie Alvarez and suddenly Nate Diaz was a bum after the 2nd Conor fight. It's just sherdog.

put him next to Cub,Frankie,Lamas,Zombie and he's still huge

the only guys that really dwarfed him was Conor who was MASSIVE for FW and Holloway who is tall and lanky

KZ had some size on Aldo for sure.

loook.jpg

idk but it was the only reason he ever lost imo he's a much better fighter than Max and Conor

Agreed

Same with Anderson, he’s a much better fighter than the Chris he just lost because the Chris was cutting weight and height

A combination of USADA and larger fighters cutting even more weight than normal

He quit drinking like Chris Weidman did.

No they aren't, the IV ban made it much harder to cut weight, people cut less weight now.

Hmmm. The FW division is a good example of fighters who have come down from LW to FW. I think a big part of it is diet outside of training camp. A lot of fighters seemed to get fat, then go into pre training camp to burn off the fat and get the engine going for the 6-8 weeks of hard training.

We have Melendez, Pettis, Sanchez, Johnson being the most recent LW's to move down to FW. I think age is a big factor as well. Holloway is not going to fight at FW for much longer, imo, you can see him starting to fill out now and I think a lot of current FW's will move up.

My understanding of the IV is that the majority of fighters felt it helped them recover quicker after the weigh ins, while some fighters said they felt no difference and some of the 'experts' said that oral hydration was better than taking fluids through the IV.

I think the head of the Californian Commission is proactive on fighter safety by making it a rule that on fight week a fighter can't be over 12% (or something around that mark) body fat when they are weighed in by the Commission. I'd read that he was an ex amateur wrestler, so he knows first hand what the fighters are going through or the damage they could be doing to themselves in later life from dehydrating the bejesus out of themselves.

Seems a better set up than the Vegas one which seems like a bunch of crooked politicians who sit on the board there. Though I think they're going to bring in the same ruling as California on the body fat percentage.

USADA found his gym in Brazil even though they kicked out the tester.

Also once Conor beats you apparently you're not good anymore. Like how everyone turned on Eddie Alvarez and suddenly Nate Diaz was a bum after the 2nd Conor fight. It's just sherdog.
Lmao Diaz was always a gatekeeper, it was Conor fans who played him as some unstoppable force when he tapped Conor out.

No they aren't, the IV ban made it much harder to cut weight, people cut less weight now.
But they are still cutting shit loads even without the IV which seems why they gassing quicker

Back