Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who would win if Usyk moved up to HW? Usyk could outbox Joshua, but Joshua could end the fight if he lands a big right hand.

Would spice HW up for sure, the top 3 have so much size on him though.

Would spice HW up for sure, the top 3 have so much size on him though.
This. I just feel that they would be able to walk through Usyk's punches and eventually catch up to him. It's not like Usyk is a devastating puncher at CW so him at HW would have even less effect. It would be nice to see if he could outbox them though.

First let usyk get through that tournament

The heavies are too fckin Big nowadays. The 3 best HWs on the planet (if fury comes back) are 6ft 7 upwards and have too much of a size advantage against any of the CWs. I don’t see any of the current cws coming up because of this. I’d give him a good shot at Parker though

^ What they all said. WIn the tournament first, Breidis is a tough fight IMO. & the Cuban, natch. But forget about him beating Joshua or whoever beats AJ. Be a different thing if Usyk could hit like Haye yet retained all his other attributes, but he don't so it's moot.

Plus, it's not like Usyk's shown he's a double-plus hardnut like The Real Deal.

He might pick up a belt or something (I mean, FFS, Lucas Browne is some sort of ex-champion, that's where we're at now) but he's not gonna be #1 at heavy.

I just don't think Usyk's style would translate well to HW.

edit: redundant word choice...

Last edited:
Too much size difference. Joshua kills him once he lands.

Dont think folks realize how big AJ and Wilder are. Fury obviously too but hes an irrelevant slob.

Usyk would be a tough fight, but as others have said, size kills. I do think Usyk could beat Wilder or Parker though.

Too much size difference. Joshua kills him once he lands.

Dont think folks realize how big AJ and Wilder are. Fury obviously too but hes an irrelevant slob.

“Irrelevant slob”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Crying here

Usyk would definitely be a top 10 HW. He's not a particularly stern puncher, though, and there have been some indications that he might not be extremely durable (not saying that he's glass chinned, but I don't think he's notably durable). I could definitely see him beating Parker. Joshua is probably too much for him. I think he'd outbox Wilder early, but I think Wilder would get to him at some point and I'm not sure if Usyk would have the durability to survive. Still, he'd make the division more interesting and be a top HW.

Back