Lost respect for Ngannau after watching the Reem fight again

Something tells me if he wants to land that 2nd shot on the ground, Dan wasn't stopping him. He showed restraint.

lol thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard in the world.

he showed restraint because if he does hit him when the ref is trying to stop him, he gets fined, suspended, possibly gets kicked out of the ufc, and looks horrible infront of the fans.

Ngannou really wants to hurt his opponents, winning isnt enough for him for some reason. I dont get it.

Well kind of. The two times where he got stopped by strikes the refs saved his ass from further punishment. But TRT Vitor made Hendo lay there for quite a while afterwards and his leg was twitching on the fence, so I'd say he did get his.

it wasnt as bad.

I used to hate it too especially the dan henderson one on michael bisping but honestly it's just part of the game and you have to get over it, it's the opponents fault for not defending themselves

defend themselves when theyre unconcious? thats the whole point of this arguement dude. the dude is out. they cant defend when theyre out. the opponent doesn't have to land more shots. you dumbasses dont realize that things like this is the difference between life or death.

TS is absolutely right and I'm starting to realize that Sherdog is full of pieces of shits. MMA is a competition. Yes the competition involves violence, but when its over and you proved you're the better fighter, that's all that's needed.

Your troll-o-meter isnt working if believe that

I am not saying you are a troll. I am just saying you are crying like a little gurl over nothing.
Someone did something you didn't like and you think any of us gives half a shit. Instead we just make fun of you. It is your whole high school humiliation all over again. We are giving you a wet willie and making you chew on our jockstraps....and fart blossom and all this.

Why do you think who you have respect for means a thing to us at all? Care???

If I am wrong, then what is exactly your point???

Best-of-Francis-Ngannou-vs-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-218.gif

Francis after landing that knockout blow was still trying to punch unconscious Reem even after the ref step in.
Not good move in my opinion
You never respected him to begin with you just posted this looking for an ally in your hatred of him.

Like other people have said already. The guy was in a fever adrenaline rush. You're just completely caught up in the heat of he moment. It's all instincts from there.

wow...

I cant believe how fking stupid sherdog is.

you guys have no perspective on anything.

defend themselves when theyre unconcious? thats the whole point of this arguement dude. the dude is out. they cant defend when theyre out. the opponent doesn't have to land more shots. you dumbasses dont realize that things like this is the difference between life or death.

TS is absolutely right and I'm starting to realize that Sherdog is full of pieces of shits. MMA is a competition. Yes the competition involves violence, but when its over and you proved you're the better fighter, that's all that's needed.
referee's job not ngannou's, ngannou signed a contract saying he will follow the rules and one of the rules is that you must keep fighting until the referee has stopped the fight as not doing so would break rule xxvi under section 15 "fouls" for timidity, overeem signed this contract as well, your blame is soley on the rules and the referee, you should pertition for them to change the rule too "if someone is clearly unconscious you must use your best judgement to determine whether they are unconscious and if you come to the conclusion they are unoconscious you shoul stop striking them and wait for the referee to stop the fight". If anything I would lose respect for fans who are willing to pay for PPV's knowing that this behaviour is legal within the rules but then still complains when it happens. By purchasing the PPV you are promoting this behaviour.

referee's job not ngannou's, ngannou signed a contract saying he will follow the rules and one of the rules is that you must keep fighting until the referee has stopped the fight as not doing so would break rule xxvi under section 15 "fouls" for timidity, overeem signed this contract as well, your blame is soley on the rules and the referee, you should pertition for them to change the rule too "if someone is clearly unconscious you must use your best judgement to determine whether they are unconscious and if you come to the conclusion they are unoconscious you shoul stop striking them and wait for the referee to stop the fight". If anything I would lose respect for fans who are willing to pay for PPV's knowing that this behaviour is legal within the rules but then still complains when it happens. By purchasing the PPV you are promoting this behaviour.

I agree with what you're saying.

I get it's just what you're supposed to do. But there's just a time when you know a fighter is clearly out and nothing else is needed. sometimes the refs are slow and you can land more shots and you can actually potentially kill the opponent before the ref steps in. This is why this is so infuriating. It's a human thing. It's knowing whats right and whats wrong.

If the fighter is 100% out and the opponent knows it, nothing else is needed to be thrown.
If the fighter is 99% or less out, then im fine with them going for the kill.

I agree with what you're saying.

I get it's just what you're supposed to do. But there's just a time when you know a fighter is clearly out and nothing else is needed. sometimes the refs are slow and you can land more shots and you can actually potentially kill the opponent before the ref steps in. This is why this is so infuriating. It's a human thing. It's knowing whats right and whats wrong.
I get your point too I think we actually do have a similar perspective, maybe what ngannou did was morally wrong but in some ways it isn't because thats the nature of the sport, i don't like it and I want it to be changed but in some ways the sport will always just be ruthless and deep down I think we all enjoy the sport because it is ruthless, it resembles life and death in there. People are putting bets on these fights in hopes the athletes will perform their best and for someone to pull out of a strike they wouldn't be doing this, It's sad but you do have to "double tap". Not committing could be the difference between a 1st round KO and second round KO and this could destroy peoples bets, examples anderson silva vs bisping, jorge masvidal vs cowboy. This is probably only 1% of cases and usually, the person is KO'd and can't get back up. I think Francis isn't willing to take that 1% risk.

I'm sure the fighters are told to keep going until the ref stops the match... There have been several instances where fighters have stopped early thinking it was over and having to continue because they didn't keep going.

4.gif

Miller almost KOed Palhares once the restarted the fight

5.gif

Something similar also happened when Cyborg fought Baszler, but Cyborg just put her away for good after the restart.

*edit* Skip ahead to 4:55

But do you respect the cheat Overeem?

I dunno TS, this one is borderline. Not nearly as bad as scumbag Gary Goodridge.

"We should fear those who lie face down on their stomach with hands limply by their side. When they strike back, it is most unexpected and therefore most devastating." - Gary Goodridge.

2ecm7hg.jpg

I get your point too I think we actually do have a similar perspective, maybe what ngannou did was morally wrong but in some ways it isn't because thats the nature of the sport, i don't like it and I want it to be changed but in some ways the sport will always just be ruthless and deep down I think we all enjoy the sport because it is ruthless, it resembles life and death in there. People are putting bets on these fights in hopes the athletes will perform their best and for someone to pull out of a strike they wouldn't be doing this, It's sad but you do have to "double tap". Not committing could be the difference between a 1st round KO and second round KO and this could destroy peoples bets, examples anderson silva vs bisping, jorge masvidal vs cowboy. This is probably only 1% of cases and usually, the person is KO'd and can't get back up. I think Francis isn't willing to take that 1% risk.

I love the ruthless part of it DURING the competition. not after. even though its not technically after since the ref hasn't stepped in yet.

And the point about not committing isn't really relevant here as I'm only talking about the scenarios when the dude is clearly out to the point you think they might be dead.

I personally believe that Francis mightve not liked Overeem or something. I dont think this is a heat of the moment type thing. Fighters are very very aware when theyre in there. I think Francis new he was out.

Hendo knew Bisping was out but did it anyways out of spite. He admitted it too.

but w/e. The beauty of this sport as a fan is that you can choose to be a fan of some fighters and route against other fighters, and thats what makes it fun to follow. I'm routing for stipe because he's a good dude. I still enjoy watching Francis fight but I'm not a fan of his at all. Admittedly though, I think Francis will probably win this one.

I dunno TS, this one is borderline. Not nearly as bad as scumbag Gary Goodridge.

"We should fear those who lie face down on their stomach with hands limply by their side. When they strike back, it is most unexpected and therefore most devastating." - Gary Goodridge.

2ecm7hg.jpg

At least he pulled that last one once the referee got in the way...

Gomi kept trying to get more hits in on Azeredo while the referee was pulling him off

gomivazeredo.gif~c200

Money turned Francis from a nice guy to a bit of a dick. It happens.

Mark Hunt always looked cool for walking off. But we all understand it's not the smartest thing to do, and it is a habit that stems from his K1 days.

Back