Why is Radiohead so highly rated?

Most people dont have set of deep musical reference points so it isn't hard for them to hear something that doesnt sound like anything they've ever heard before.

The fuck is a hipster band? These guys have been making gold records for 20 plus years

They aren't some trendy flash in the pan

What makes radiohead great?

Longevity, diversity, ability
I don’t know if saying they are a hipster band is the right way to put it but a lot of their fans have the same elitist attitude as tool fans. They are a great band but they aren’t on this throne that no other band can touch. There are many great bands. I’m not sure why it’s specifically this band and tool that elicits this kind of attitude from their fans.

I like some of their stuff. I have a couple friends really into them and oddly enough it seems like the girls I dated are Radiohead fans.

I don’t know if saying they are a hipster band is the right way to put it but a lot of their fans have the same elitist attitude as tool fans. They are a great band but they aren’t on this throne that no other band can touch. There are many great bands. I’m not sure why it’s specifically this band and tool that elicits this kind of attitude from their fans.
Weird. Ive never met anyone like this

Seems like nerdy online elitists than musicians or music fans who actually socialize and go to shows.

I will say both Tool and Radiohead are very good bands. Music is art, its subjective and cant be treated like a contest. Is Pink Floyd more musically skilled than Nirvana? Probably.. Theyre all life long musicians from rich families.

Are they a better band? Imo yes, but i wont argue with someone about it. Nirvana was a great band too, and just as big.

Weird. Ive never met anyone like this

Seems like nerdy online elitists than musicians or music fans who actually socialize and go to shows.

I will say both Tool and Radiohead are very good bands. Music is art, its subjective and cant be treated like a contest. Is Pink Floyd more musically skilled than Nirvana? Probably.. Theyre all life long musicians from rich families.

Are they a better band? Imo yes, but i wont argue with someone about it. Nirvana was a great band too, and just as big.
Maybe it’s an age thing ... how old are u? I’m 31 Or 32 (srsly not sure anymore lol). Many people at my high school and surrounding areas that were major tool or Radiohead had this huge elitist attitude. I enjoy both bands and agree they are great but as I said it’s silly to have this attitude that they are significantly better than other bands.

Maybe it’s an age thing ... how old are u? I’m 31 Or 32 (srsly not sure anymore lol). Many people at my high school and surrounding areas that were major tool or Radiohead had this huge elitist attitude. I enjoy both bands and agree they are great but as I said it’s silly to have this attitude that they are significantly better than other bands.
Im 28. Ive been a musician my entire life i usually just laugh at people who try and act like bands are a competition.

I will say theres tons of bands who are more talanted on their individual instruments.. But as a whole, if someone wants to say Radiohead is the best in their opinion.. Thats a respectable choice.

I used to go watch this local jazz band all the time. They were incredible, and they would all rotate instruments each track and be equally as impressive. I mean just mind blowing how good they were. Id put those guys up against any band talking strictly musical ability. They were just the house band of a jazz club.

I really like this tune, i dig that old radiohead sound.

Greenwood is a badass with that feedback and noise

The groove they slip into and the solo at the end man. Awesome

Or this one

Thom Yorke hates hates the grunge version of the band which is we will never hear that style by them ever again
Even then Pablo Honey wasn't even a grunge album save for the Creep song. It was more a long the lines of The Smiths clones like the La's and Happy Mondays

Hail to the Thief was one of the worst albums I've ever heard. It had There There, which was cool, but the rest was trash.

Cause its the apex of emo hipster trash. There are lots of emos in suburbia. It's good but not like god tier music, like some people put them up on a pedestal suggest.

Paranoid Android is the only track I really fuck with by them.

Radiohead were the best band of the 90s/00s. You can suck my dick if you disagree.

Hail to the Thief was one of the worst albums I've ever heard. It had There There, which was cool, but the rest was trash.

WTF. Hail to the thief is amazing and I don't even like Radiohead.

I just like them, can't tell you why or why anyone else should, I just enjoy their sound. They have some songs that can just be considered f'ing around with noise (Fitter Happier, Kid A, Packt like Sardines, Pulk/Pull), but most of their stuff can be considered meditative rock in a sense.

Honestly I have no idea I've tried for 20 years to get into their music just can't see the amazing. I'd say average at best even for the 90's

Back