Tyron Woodley - "I'm not respected by the people for being a Champion."

@Arm Barbarian , you know I got YOU (most times) but f*k the fickle fanz man if he's that boring then break his style...? FYI Khabib should stop killing himself @155 and go full WW and have a gifted wrapped Woodley already back posted on the fence styles make fights Tyron likes to be post back up against the cage Khabib loves you against the cage.

Just saying...?

Oh I LIKE that fight bro.

100%

There’s a distinction between

Respect
Disrespect and
No respect

Oh I LIKE that fight bro.

100%

1XC2w0Y.gif
I knew you would my man...

I kinda get what he's saying here, as I do think most fans LIKE fighters such as Lawler and Condit more.

But I'm not entirely convinced that it's because they don't 'respect' Woodley.

I think it's more that many fans just don't find him all that interesting as a Champion, both inside and outside the cage. He hasn't exactly been in Barn-burner types of title defenses, despite being successful.

Personally, even though I'm not a big fan, I DO respect that at least TWood remains an active champ who fights the top guys in his division, in an era where that increasingly seems to be becoming the exception, and not the rule.

What say you Sherdoggers? Does he have a point? And if so, what can he do to win fans over?

3:50

I also respect but was indifferent towards Woodley, his ability to neutralize an opponent is both his greatest skill and most "boring" attribute.

As for what Woodley can do to win over fans, I'd say more interviews or Podcasts. I really liked him for the first time after his JRE show. And also be selective in his next opponent, pick a style that will allow himself to be explosive and go for the kill. Having fought the #1 guy consistently, he has earned the right to be selfish in his next fight.

I kinda get what he's saying here, as I do think most fans LIKE fighters such as Lawler and Condit more.

But I'm not entirely convinced that it's because they don't 'respect' Woodley.

I think it's more that many fans just don't find him all that interesting as a Champion, both inside and outside the cage. He hasn't exactly been in Barn-burner types of title defenses, despite being successful.

Personally, even though I'm not a big fan, I DO respect that at least TWood remains an active champ who fights the top guys in his division, in an era where that increasingly seems to be becoming the exception, and not the rule.

What say you Sherdoggers? Does he have a point? And if so, what can he do to win fans over?

3:50

I agree 100% but I would add to the bold text. I think he is not liked because of his "whoa is me attitude" I always found gsp to be exciting, maybe cause I appreciate his systematic dismantling and complete dominance, some call him boring...to each their own I guess....main difference is...gsp held/holds himself to the highest standard and Tyron plays a victim

I lost respect for this fake after he celebrated his bs Condit win like he won the superbowl.

Unless your Georges St Pierre
Georges St. Pierre had the entire nation of Canada as his fanbase, there isn't a single American fighter that has had the entire US as a fanbase. Don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

One of the biggest problems is that Dana White continues to promote the sport as a "Bloody slop fest" entertainment.

So, the fans are not able to evolve to appreaciate the "tactical" and realistic approach to fighting. For example, if an NFL running back or wide receiver develops an uncanny ability to never get hit, the people who promote the NFL are not going to throw that athlete under the bus and say "he is a pussy who makes the sport look soft."

They are going to promote that athlete as a "genius" with an uncanny ability to avoid contact. And on the flipside, the athletes who are able to truck through people are going to be promoted as "beast mode."

That creates a fan base that is able to enjoy LeVeon Bell and Marshawn Lynch without needing to disparage one player or another.

The majority of the MMA Community (from the promoter, fighters, coaches, media down to fans) can only appreciate "Bloody Slopfest" fighters. Even GSP's point fighting was tolrate because he bruised easily, and often looked like a bloody mess, even in shutout performances. Because "blood" means good fight in MMA.

Dana White either needs to change his approach or WME needs to find a better promoter, because the "bloody sloppy" fighter will become extinct as more athletes start to gravitate to the sport, and the margin of error becomes smaller and smaller.

The UFC needs to start promoting all types of styles. If a guy is a boring point fighter, then promote him as a "chess master." Make videos like "The BJJ Scout" and get other experts to talk about why that fighter is so special. Educate the fans.

If the fighter is a Bloody Sloppy Fighter, then promote him as a "barbaric savage."

By always throwing tacticians under the bus, Dana White limits the range of what the fans can consider as a "good fight." He is essentially shooting himself in the foot, because those fighters are going to generate less money.

The guy sucks as a promoter, and I believe he limits the growth of the sport. The sport would growth much faster with a better promoter.
1.) Great post.
2.) Would read again.
3.) The NFL/football fucking sucks <24>

+Condit
+Diaz
+Hendricks
+Alves
+Shields
+Fitch

All fights completely dominated without a single risk by attempting to finish
Fitch’s chin saved him from not being finished and he was half blind vs Shields. Why are you trying to use this sample size to make your point when he’s finished tons of other fighters.

did he say anything about race in this interview or are you the one "playing the race card"?

racism exists; just because he reminded you doesn't mean everything he does is "play the race card" you uncomfortable fuck.

did he say anything about race in this interview or are you the one "playing the race card"?

racism exists; just because he reminded you doesn't mean everything he does is "play the race card" you uncomfortable fuck.

when you enter every thread to do with tyron and all people can do is freak the fuck out about those few times tyron reminded everyone that racism exists and that it even effects a UFC champion, it kind of reaffirms his point you uncomfortable fuck

it is any african american that reminds sherdog that racism is still a thing. sterling did the same thing and people freak the fuck out about him. even white dudes like luke thomas aren't safe if they bring up that minorities and women tend to have it harder. literally find any fighter that has brought up the realities of racism and sherdog doesn't like them and immediately accuses them of "ALWAYS PLAYING THE RACE CARD" because they've mentioned it here and there.

and it probably pisses people off because most of them are broke losers that couldn't get anywhere even with that advantage they have
EjzIJ1.gif

when you enter every thread to do with tyron and all people can do is freak the fuck out about those few times tyron reminded everyone that racism exists and that it even effects a UFC champion, it kind of reaffirms his point you uncomfortable fuck

it is any african american that reminds sherdog that racism is still a thing. sterling did the same thing and people freak the fuck out about him. even white dudes like luke thomas aren't safe if they bring up that minorities and women tend to have it harder. literally find any fighter that has brought up the realities of racism and sherdog doesn't like them and immediately accuses them of "ALWAYS PLAYING THE RACE CARD" because they've mentioned it here and there.

and it probably pisses people off because most of them are broke losers that couldn't get anywhere even with that advantage they have
its because they are racist

Oh poor Woodley, talks likes he the P4P champ. Rationilizes obvious bad performances and WHINES about how he’s viewed, treated daily.

Who would like that guy? It’s easy why people like Condit and Lawler, they throw down and don’t bitch like mean girls.

Condit and Lawler have earned their fans

Woodley lost his

I respect Tyron as a fighter, but his woe-is-me attitude and money fight begging is so grating. It's hard to get behind him.

Now knowing he hurt his shoulder during the Maia fight also is good to know. Maybe he should have mentioned it in the post fight after hearing all those boos.

Just listened to the Rogan’s podcast and Tyron is so fucking delusional. Wow!

I respect the fact he's a defending champ and takes on all comers at the end of the day.

And not one god damn thing more, dude is unbearable.

loved how joe pumped the breaks on that shit right away. its like dude, youre the champ. be happy and stop whining. you want more push, get an entire country behind you like that anomaly mcnuggets.

well tyrone isn't that interesting as a fighter even though he's good. he's a good fighter who i admit that i overlook. :(

Back