Conor McGregor`s training looks like he is preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov

Also, there are 2 more massive factors that people are ignoring (or either don't know about)

1. Khabib doesnt often shoot doubles. He prefers to work his grappling chains through the clinch.

This means Khabib has to get even closer to Conor in order to be effective with his wrestling.

Good luck against Conor with that.

Closing distance vs Conor's footwork and countering acumen, is like trying to maneuver your way through a narrow hallway that's plastered with nuclear landmines every square inch.

Khabib getting desperate to close distance effectively will start lunging

and when you lunge against Conor, Aldo out cold stiffness is what happens .

2. Conor is a southpaw.

This means Conor will only be presenting the single leg to Khabib.

Single legs are much easier to defend.

To actually get the full body wrap on Cono, that Khabib is effective with, IS going to require that Khabib take tons of punishment to get in that close...and we dont know if Khabib has that kind of freak chin...

The threat of Conor's counters>>>the threat of takedowns

@MescalineDreams

@GreatSaintGuillotine
Khabib shoots for doubles plenty. He favors singles at the start of his chain and quickly transitions into a double to drive them to the cage and switch to a body lock.

Conor has been in the flinch for many of his fights including against Nate x2 and Eddie. Getting there isn't necessarily the issue. Keeping him there is.

Also Khabib doesn't lead with body locks. He transitions to them. Once he controls one limb it has proven to be easy for him to switch to the clinch.

Khabib typically doesn't rush opponents who aren't already on the retreat. In the Edson and MJ fights there were points where he proved to be patient enough to march both down without lunging.

Closing distance will be the hardest (most dangerous) part. The rest is manageable (not easy but very doable) for Khabib.

Dont get me wrong. I LOVE Conor vs Khabib

To me Conor vs Khabib is the greatest fight in MMA history

Fuck Tony lol

Conor vs Khabib !!!

It's the 2 best super talents in all of MMA facing off against each other in their primes

It's Conor the GOAT of MMA striking/boxing vs Khabib the GOAT of MMA wrestling/grappling

Thats amazing. It doesnt get better then that.

However people who think Khabib runs over Conor are in for a rude awakening

People thrashing and discrediting Conor have no clue what they are talking about

And if you actually objectively break down fights, then you will see how it's actually Conor who should be favored over Khabib skill wise and sytlistically

I love Conor and I even like Khabib a lot too. Khabib is on another level to most everyone else in MMA. Im simply just objective, and Conor is on an even higher level then that, far above everyone in MMA..dont be surprised if and when Conor makes it look easy against Khabib (and even easier against Tony)

Last edited:
Conor rarely has wrestle-fucked people, that not his game, so what does that have to do with Nate posing a challenge to Conor?

Just that a fight like Nate vs Khabib would be very lopsided.

Conor basically fights like Nate, better reflexes and speed but worse grappling and worse cardio

Conor needs more LW fights to see just how unstoppable that “mystic left” can be cause I know Eddie couldnt take it but Nate ate all of them.....

Conor is ALWAYS ready.

giphy.webp

I think it's because Conor doesn't really train outside of camp anymore, and just has too much ground to cover to be prepared for five rounds. Maybe it's got something to do with his knee injury he had and the rumor he's not really running. Maybe he's just got a weak heart.

Either way, these problems never seemed to exist before. Of course, he got most of his opponent out of there fast, but in the Holloway fight he still looked fresh as can be after three rounds.

We'll see, I don't think Conor will need any stamina if he can keep it standing for most of the first round. Khabib is too easily countered.
I totally agree. If khabib gets tagged like Johnson was hitting him it could be a short night but the eagle looked better in his last fight. I think if there's a clinch then its gonna be done for Connor. I didn't know Connor was still having knee problems. That could explain a few things.

It's an option between fighting the clinch and draining yourself only to be taken down and drained even more, or scrambling as soon as you have the chance and standing back up and deal some damage.

If Khabib gets a hold of you he will either get you down and drain the hell out of you trying. It makes you desperate and hesitant. That fear of the TD is what causes everyone to lose. Excepting that going down will happen and drilling escape plans is how you avoid getting broken. Always have an escape plan and you'll always be in the fight.

Edson fought the TD, lost, and had no answer from there. Your plan can't just be "Don't get taken down". That doesn't work.

Use that footwork, force him to chase you down, and land as much as you can. If he grabs you then bite down on that mouth piece try to roll and scramble until you're free.

There is no good option but at least planning for when you go down rather than if reduces the fear of a TD.

Once again Edson wasn't doing anything when he was standing up. As usual, Edson didn't have a plan for someone pressuring him and outboxing him as usual.

Tibau has been the closest to beating Khabib, so I don't know why you completely seem to ignore the method instead of realistically expanding on it to beat him. You've got fight the clinch and press off, if Gleison had the ability to stop him from consistently clinching right back, he would've won. We already know Conor can do that, he just has to have the ability to to keep the fight standing for a decent amount of time as well. No one has ever looked remotely close to beating Khabib fighting off their back. I still for the life of me can't figure out why you would suggest focusing on that, when 1. it's much more difficult to learn, and 2. khabib's even better at it and 3. if you can stop some of the takedowns you don't have to actually be as good - once again...it's why sprawl and brawl is a thing...not crawl and brawl.

Khabib shoots for doubles plenty. He favors singles at the start of his chain and quickly transitions into a double to drive them to the cage and switch to a body lock.

Conor has been in the flinch for many of his fights including against Nate x2 and Eddie. Getting there isn't necessarily the issue. Keeping him there is.

Also Khabib doesn't lead with body locks. He transitions to them. Once he controls one limb it has proven to be easy for him to switch to the clinch.

Khabib typically doesn't rush opponents who aren't already on the retreat. In the Edson and MJ fights there were points where he proved to be patient enough to march both down without lunging.

Closing distance will be the hardest (most dangerous) part. The rest is manageable (not easy but very doable) for Khabib.
I know that Khabib HAS shot doubles before

Hence I said he often doesn't

However there is NO denying that Khabib is his most effective from full on underhooks in the clinch

What makes Khabib special is his ability to relentlessly chain his amazing grappling techniques together until he finally gets on top

No other opponent has been able to stop Khabib

But now we are talking about Conor.

The issue will be that even getting close enough to Conor in the first place to implement, is always very dangerous every time, every step ect

Ultimately we both agree to what the main points will be

All we can say now is, let's wait and see. I can't wait. It will be amazing. I just hope if Conor shuts down and destroys Khabib that you give Conor his full credit.

As fans let's just look foward to this awesome match up

To be honest, I would rather debate with you then Conor's more hardcore haters on here who are absolutely batshit insane delusional

I appreciate that you at least try to give Conor some of the props he deserves. Kudos: )

Even if conor takes 2 years off to train nothing but grappling Kabob still ragdolls him.

I totally agree. If khabib gets tagged like Johnson was hitting him it could be a short night but the eagle looked better in his last fight. I think if there's a clinch then its gonna be done for Connor. I didn't know Connor was still having knee problems. That could explain a few things.

I don't think he looked better, I think he looked worse. That's part of beating Edson though, because he can't abuse the fact that you run at him like a wild man. One things for sure, he'd be out dead if he was fighting Conor like that. So many hard counters, even a LW Bisping could've put him out cold like he did Rockhold.

Best thing Khabib can do is glue his chin to his neck and grind. He shouldn't even be throwing anything but feints to Conor. I don't think he's going to be able to take Conor out in the first clinch. Even Darell Horcher defended Khabib. Conor's clinch is one of the best part about his game, and I'm sure he'll be working extensively on it for the next 8 months. He's smaller though, but we'll see. He just need to keep the fight standing for most of the round in my opinion. If Khabib is holding him down for mos of the two rounds, it's going to be tough to come back from that.

Just that a fight like Nate vs Khabib would be very lopsided.

Conor basically fights like Nate, better reflexes and speed but worse grappling and worse cardio

Conor needs more LW fights to see just how unstoppable that “mystic left” can be cause I know Eddie couldnt take it but Nate ate all of them.....

Conor's wrestling is much better than Nate's, Nate ate all of them at WW, dropped multiple times. Has never been cleaned finished. Even fighting guys like Rory and Stun Gun.

Nobody else is standing five rounds with Conor in the division. They are too hittable and too easily countered with their sloppy striking. Eddie arguably has the best hands in the division too outside of Conor and Nate.

he spend 300k for a training camp to fight diaz 2. the strategy was to low kick him and it worked... because nate has sloppy legs... but rda fought agains nate diaz with the low kicks strategy bevore him.
He could have saved $300k and just logged in on Sherdog... seemed like ever poster and their mother was saying the best game plan against Nate was to utilize a lot of low kicks...

Once again Edson wasn't doing anything when he was standing up. As usual, Edson didn't have a plan for someone pressuring him and outboxing him as usual.

Tibau has been the closest to beating Khabib, so I don't know why you completely seem to ignore the method instead of realistically expanding on it to beat him. You've got fight the clinch and press off, if Gleison had the ability to stop him from consistently clinching right back, he would've won. We already know Conor can do that, he just has to have the ability to to keep the fight standing for a decent amount of time as well. No one has ever looked remotely close to beating Khabib fighting off their back. I still for the life of me can't figure out why you would suggest focusing on that, when 1. it's much more difficult to learn, and 2. khabib's even better at it and 3. if you can stop some of the takedowns you don't have to actually be as good - once again...it's why sprawl and brawl is a thing...not crawl and brawl.
There are many reason why I don't bring up Tibau.

1)He's a know career PED user

2) His TDD is not comparable to any other LW. He was in a league of his own.

3)This was before Khabib started training at AKA and properly implementing his judo, sambo, and wrestling as he does now.

4)Tibau was massive. Easily the biggest LW.

Khabib is a different fighter and Conor is not juiced Tibau so I find the comparison to be pointless.

Conor's best asset is speed against Khabib. That does not help you in the clinch. Conor is just the smaller man and less skill overall grappler (which there is no shame in against Khabib). Like I keep saying, I trust Khabib's speed and scramble ability.

I do not trust Conor to pull off the Tibau strategy.

Also just to add

Khabib def doesn't make rookie defensive mistakes like Tony always does.

Tony constantly stepping out of position, crossing feet, stepping off balance, rushing in upright etc.

Now Tony is tailor made to get counter fucked by Conor worse then Alvarez did.

To be fair to Khabib, Khabib actually does have some defensive awareness. Khabib will rarely lunge or step out of position etc

However that doesn't matter against Conor. No matter the opponent Conor is the puppet master always controlling, dictating, drawing out, countering etc

Floyd has the best defense in boxing history and yet Conor was still landilg on Floyd and out-countering Floyd across many exchanges

People seriously dont appreciate just how much of a next level freak Conor is.

The point I was getting at,

If all Khabib has is the single to grab, and Conor keeps defending. Khabib will start getting desperate to reach and get the clinch. That's easy countering work for Conor.

Also Khabib will be eating shots coming in, from Conor+Conor stepping off to the side exiting

Khabib will have a very hard time closing distance vs Conor

Especially since Conor is a southpaw and Khabib's one major flaw is footwork vs southpaws.

It isn't that Khabib has bad defense (like a Tony). It's Khabib's footwork vs southpaws that will be his undoing vs Conor IMO (plus Conor's own footwork and counters)

Khabib likely will be trying his hardest to not throw much any offence, to avoid getting countered

But Conor still has many ways to catch him with shots coming in (with his leads and pivots)

And many ways to control him and draw him out, with his sophisticated lead hand game/probing system, and many distance deception methods (full break down on page 5)

Khabib is in for the fight of his life, contrary to Conor haters "believing" that it's Conor who's going to get ran through with ease lol

And we must remember that even in the clinch Conor is dangerous. Elbows/body shots etc. Again break down on page 5

Last edited:
There are many reason why I don't bring up Tibau.

1)He's a know career PED user

2) His TDD is not comparable to any other LW. He was in a league of his own.

3)This was before Khabib started training at AKA and properly implementing his judo, sambo, and wrestling as he does now.

4)Tibau was massive. Easily the biggest LW.

Khabib is a different fighter and Conor is not juiced Tibau so I find the comparison to be pointless.

Conor's best asset is speed against Khabib. That does not help you in the clinch. Conor is just the smaller man and less skill overall grappler (which there is no shame in against Khabib). Like I keep saying, I trust Khabib's speed and scramble ability.

I do not trust Conor to pull off the Tibau strategy.

Conor doesn't have to shut down Khabib for three rounds like Tibau. That's the point. If you're getting taken down by Khabib you've already lost. Unless you can spring right back up, but then you still have to fight the clinch again, because no doubt Khabib has some limb tied up trying to bring you right back down.

You HAVE to defend against the clinch. It's not an option, it's a necessity.

I know that Khabib HAS shot doubles before

Hence I said he often doesn't

However there is NO denying that Khabib is his most effective from full on underhooks in the clinch

What makes Khabib special is his ability to relentlessly chain his amazing grappling techniques together until he finally gets on top

No other opponent has been able to stop Khabib

But now we are talking about Conor.

The issue will be that even getting close enough to Conor in the first place to implement, is always very dangerous every time, every step ect

Ultimately we both agree to what the main points will be

All we can say now is, let's wait and see. I can't wait. It will be amazing. I just hope if Conor shuts down and destroys Khabib that you give Conor his full credit.

As fans let's just look foward to this awesome match up

To be honest, I would rather debate with you then Conor's more hardcore haters on here who are absolutely batshit insane delusional

I appreciate that you at least try to give Conor some of the props he deserves. Kudos: )
People tend not to like me being a hard ass and calling things as I see it but I try my best to explain my view points. I just love MMA and love to debate.

Conor and Khabib have monstrous abilities in opposite areas. That's what makes it interesting.

Khabib's best weapon is certainly his clinch work but his chain wrestling is relentless. His singles and doubles work well to drive people against the cage, allowing him to clinch.

Conor's foot work, reach, and boxing will be the game changer. Counter threat stops Khabib from throwing or rushing in. He instead needs to march forward like with MJ.

It'll be difficult for both fighter but it'll be a good fight.

So if Tony beats Khabib, will Conor fight Tony in Russia? lol
Or will Tony defend his interim title and Khabib will fight for the "undisputed" title regardless, coming off a loss vs the interim champ?
Am I missing something?

So if Tony beats Khabib, will Conor fight Tony in Russia? lol
Or will Tony defend his interim title and Khabib will fight for the "undisputed" title regardless, coming off a loss vs the interim champ?
Am I missing something?
Someone else said it best

Tony is seriously cock blocking Conor vs Khabib right now

I wish Tony would just go away until a winner emerges between Conor and Khabib

Let's not forget that the UFC only ever made Tony vs Lee for the interium title because of a last ditch panic attempt to gain more buys

There as nothing ever legit about it

And Tony beat the #7 ranked Lee for it which was a joke

There is noting legit about Tony's fake belt.

People should forget it exits

Khabib is the true #1 contender to Conor. It's all about Conor vs Khabib right now

Back