GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starring Naomi Watts Cancelled at HBO

http://watchersonthewall.com/no-game-thrones-prequel-spinoff-least-2020-says-hbo/

There's still talk of their being 5 Prequels, but still no info on what they'll cover unfortunately.

When it comes to making the prequels, of which there are five currently in development, Bloys says, “I’ll do anywhere from zero to five!” and laughs. “Though probably more likely one. But we’ll see.”

He explains further, providing more of a timeline. “There are five of them. If we do a pilot and series, nothing is going to air on HBO until at least a year after the final season. We’re not doing a final season and then, ‘Following it at 11 p.m. … .’ I’ve seen some exciting material. We have really great writers working on these; it’s very exciting. But there’s no timetable. Not everybody is on the same schedule, so I’ve seen different versions of different things that are potentially exciting. But there’s no timetable about when a decision would be made about any of them.”

With the final season set to air in 2019, that means we won’t see a prequel show until at least 2020.

As for episode length in season 8, that’s still unclear but he says the final episodes will all “air six in a row” and be broadcast “[o]n the air, for subscribers” as opposed to an IMAX release.

They really went too fast. The books had material for ten seasons maybe more and that's not even counting winds of winter.

Please do the Dance of Dragons. They can do like 3 or 4 battles per season for 4-6 seasons I believe. No need to slow burn it.

Why didnt they just extend the series out longer. Last two or three seasons were rushed. They got too distracted with getting huge moments, no slow build

Why didnt they just extend the series out longer. Last two or three seasons were rushed. They got too distracted with getting huge moments, no slow build
I think the showrunners were just literally getting tired if it. It's a mind-boggling amount of work to produce a season.

But yeah, last season especially was like watching it on fast forward.

They should do the Dunk and Egg stories. The Hedge Knight was awesome.

I think the showrunners were just literally getting tired if it. It's a mind-boggling amount of work to produce a season.

But yeah, last season especially was like watching it on fast forward.
They also said the cast was aging too fast. Can't have Arya running around as a 30 year old and having Hodor carrying Bran like an ant carrying a peanut

They also said the cast was aging too fast. Can't have Arya running around as a 30 year old and having Hodor carrying Bran like an ant carrying a peanut
Wouldn't of been an issue if they had casted more asians and blacks
<Kpop775><seedat>

Once we get robots down, actors are fucked.

eh the Hollywood writers have made it suck since the books ended.

I just want to know one thing...will the guy who sat down and typed "Theon gets kicked in groin...he becomes more powerful than anyone possibly imagined." have anything to do with the prequels?

I get the feeling the GoT spinoffs aren't going to be anywhere near as innovative or entertaining as the main series, and the GoT popularity will end up being a fad.

The creators make the product, and not the other way around.

They want Westworld to fill the gap for now.

I think prequels aren't the way to go. Book fans surely care more about the history than show fans do. I'd think a spin-off with Arya as a discount/righteous Faceless Man (or some other fairly popular characters like Davos) travelling around Essos would do much better. Westeros is played out IMO.

Update: June 8, 2018

HBO Orders First GAME OF THRONES Prequel Pilot from George R.R. Martin and Jane Goldman

The future of the Game of Thrones franchise has become clearer, and that future lies firmly in the past.

HBO is officially moving forward with a pilot order for an still-untitled Game of Thrones prequel, created by Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service) and George R.R. Martin — the author of the A Song of Ice and Fire novel series on which Thrones is based.

Set thousands of years before the events of Thrones, the project chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. A logline from the network teased the plot wihtout divulging any specifics: "Only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it's not the story we think we know."

The pilot is based on a story from Goldman and Martin, with teleplay credited to Goldman. Goldman will also serve as showrunner. In addition to Goldman and Martin, executive producers on the series include current Game of Thrones producer Vince Gerardis, as well as Damages and Bloodline co-creator Daniel Zelman.

Goldman and Martin's Game of Thrones prequel is the first of several potential series set in the world of Westeros to move forward at HBO beyond the script phase. In May 2017, a multitude of writers were revealed by HBO to be working on what Martin himself has described as "successor shows." Those writers include Goldman, Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island), Brian Helgeland (Legend), Carly Wray (Westworld), and Thrones veteran Bryan Cogman. Game of Thrones creators and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are uninvolved in the successor show effort, focusing instead on the forthcoming final season of Thrones after more than a decade spent wandering the world of the Seven Kingdoms.

Speaking previously with The Hollywood Reporter, HBO's Casey Bloys said that any Game of Thrones successors, if greenlit, would not air "until at least a year after the final season." Bloys also added that he did not expect every one of the scripts to move forward beyond the page.

"I think that is probably unlikely," Bloys told THR in July 2017. "This show is very special. I'm not looking to have as many as possible. My sense right now is we would be very lucky if one of the four rises to the level that we have set. Now, theoretically, what if they're all great? That's a high-class problem that I'll solve when it comes to that. But knowing what we know about the development process, that's why we wanted to increase our odds. But I do not see a scenario where we have more than one. But again, high-class problem."

"I'll do anywhere from zero to five," he added in a January 2018 interview. "Though probably more likely one. But we'll see."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-at-hbo-george-rr-martin-jane-goldman-1118513

So this is one of the many things he was doing instead of finishing winds of winter...

Whatever. If it's made by the fucking geniuses that destroyed GoT in Season 7, I don't give a shit.

He's just going to stick the real ending into this thing just in case he never finishes Winds.

Back