Conor McGregor`s training looks like he is preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov

He could have saved $300k and just logged in on Sherdog... seemed like ever poster and their mother was saying the best game plan against Nate was to utilize a lot of low kicks...

Nate checks leg kicks a lot more than he used to. What I was expecting, and what Conor should've done, and what would've worked on several occasions, and what Conor does very well is the roundhouse when Nate circles. It's what Thomson did to him multiple times.

I don't think he looked better, I think he looked worse. That's part of beating Edson though, because he can't abuse the fact that you run at him like a wild man. One things for sure, he'd be out dead if he was fighting Conor like that. So many hard counters, even a LW Bisping could've put him out cold like he did Rockhold.

Best thing Khabib can do is glue his chin to his neck and grind. He shouldn't even be throwing anything but feints to Conor. I don't think he's going to be able to take Conor out in the first clinch. Even Darell Horcher defended Khabib. Conor's clinch is one of the best part about his game, and I'm sure he'll be working extensively on it for the next 8 months. He's smaller though, but we'll see. He just need to keep the fight standing for most of the round in my opinion. If Khabib is holding him down for mos of the two rounds, it's going to be tough to come back from that.
No no I didn't mean khabib will finish with the first clinch more so that if he's able to do it once and close the distance then its the writing on the wall for a eagle victory. No doubt Connor has the knockout power. Just a question and not shit talking you but why do say Conors clinch is one of the best parts of his game? Just curious as to what you see that I'm missing.

Conor doesn't have to shut down Khabib for three rounds like Tibau. That's the point. If you're getting taken down by Khabib you've already lost. Unless you can spring right back up, but then you still have to fight the clinch again, because no doubt Khabib has some limb tied up trying to bring you right back down.

You HAVE to defend against the clinch. It's not an option, it's a necessity.
I'll agree to disagree on that matter. There's always a route for escape on the ground, it just isn't always easy to exploit. I just cannot see Conor mustering the strength and cardio to stop Khabib in the clinch AND finishing him before he goes down. He already has such an explosive style and that is just so draining.

I see your point tho. I just think getting taken down is part of fighting Khabib. Planning not to go down only leads to disappointment. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

People tend not to like me being a hard ass and calling things as I see it but I try my best to explain my view points. I just love MMA and love to debate.

Conor and Khabib have monstrous abilities in opposite areas. That's what makes it interesting.

Khabib's best weapon is certainly his clinch work but his chain wrestling is relentless. His singles and doubles work well to drive people against the cage, allowing him to clinch.

Conor's foot work, reach, and boxing will be the game changer. Counter threat stops Khabib from throwing or rushing in. He instead needs to march forward like with MJ.

It'll be difficult for both fighter but it'll be a good fight.
Cheers. Conor vs Khabib is gonna be fun times: )

You have to admit, there's nothing else out there like the anticipation, hype and excitement of a big Conor fight

These shertard haters who say they wont miss Conor are full of shit, and would be the first ones crying about how much better things were with Conor/how much they missed it all

"You don't know what you got until it's gone"

I really do believe Conor is even more like the Ali of our time, in that people wont fully appreciate Conor until Conor retires long from now

And yes I appreciate your civility and attempts to be objective

I will take debating with you any day over Conor's more hardcore haters on here. I know you have seen just how insanely delusional and obsessed Conor's haters on here are

Someone else said it best

Tony is seriously cock blocking Conor vs Khabib right now

I wish Tony would just go away until a winner emerges between Conor and Khabib

Let's not forget that the UFC only ever made Tony vs Lee for the interium title because of a last ditch panic attempt to gain more buys

There as nothing ever legit about it

And Tony beat the #7 ranked Lee for it which was a joke

There is noting legit about Tony's fake belt.

People should forget it exits

Khabib is the true #1 contender to Conor. It's all about Conor vs Khabib right now

I agree, Khabib is much better fight to make, but I do feel bad for the guy. He has done everything the UFC has asked of him and more, and while I think he's one of the easiest fights for Conor in the top of the division, nor a draw, I feel like the guy deserves something for what he's done.

I say fly Tony up to Ireland for a quick minute, get him a clean left hand, and nice autographed picture of Conor with the real belt he can sell on ebay in a few years for his troubles and Conor can continue on training for the super fight.

Cheers. Conor vs Khabib is gonna be fun times: )

You have to admit, there's nothing else out there like the anticipation, hype and excitement of a big Conor fight

These shertard haters who say they wont miss Conor are full of shit, and would be the first ones crying about how much better things were with Conor/how much they missed it all

"You don't know what you got until it's gone"

I really do believe Conor is even more like the Ali of our time, in that people wont fully appreciate Conor until Conor retires long from now

And yes I appreciate your civility and attempts to be objective

I will take debating with you any day over Conor's more hardcore haters on here. I know you have seen just how insanely delusional and obsessed Conor's haters on here are
Longtime MMA fan here. He's aboutvas exciting of a fighter as I can ever recall.

I'll agree to disagree on that matter. There's always a route for escape on the ground, it just isn't always easy to exploit. I just cannot see Conor mustering the strength and cardio to stop Khabib in the clinch AND finishing him before he goes down. He already has such an explosive style and that is just so draining.

I see your point tho. I just think getting taken down is part of fighting Khabib. Planning not to go down only leads to disappointment. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
I know for a fact that Kavanuagh and Conor are already preparing for the worst case scenarios against Khabib and will be training on how to react, defend, remaind composed during Khabib's best positions/moments

At the very least, these bad positions won't come as a surprise to Conor and therefore Conor will be able to remain composed and persevere his gas tank far far better

Conor made the mistake of thinking he would KO Nate (fight #1) and Floyd and only mentally prepared for those outcomes

Conor is never making the same mistake again. Rarely does Conor ever even make a mistake twice, if not ever until Nate/Floyd.

Now we will see Conor preparing to be taken down and battered by Khabib (even if it never gets there Conor will have been prepared for it)

Best case scenario for Conor is he gets taken down at the end of the round so he only has to defend until the round is over and then the next round it's right back on the feet

There is an even bigger gap in the striking between Conor and Khabib for Khabib to close that Khabib would never close in 10 life times combined

I agree, Khabib is much better fight to make, but I do feel bad for the guy. He has done everything the UFC has asked of him and more, and while I think he's one of the easiest fights for Conor in the top of the division, nor a draw, I feel like the guy deserves something for what he's done.

I say fly Tony up to Ireland for a quick minute, get him a clean left hand, and nice autographed picture of Conor with the real belt he can sell on ebay in a few years for his troubles and Conor can continue on training for the super fight.
Haha no lie. Second paragraph had me busting out laughing

I think there is going to be a big world tour for Conor vs Khabib. Brace yourselves guys: ) Its gonne be awesome

No no I didn't mean khabib will finish with the first clinch more so that if he's able to do it once and close the distance then its the writing on the wall for a eagle victory. No doubt Connor has the knockout power. Just a question and not shit talking you but why do say Conors clinch is one of the best parts of his game? Just curious as to what you see that I'm missing.

Khabib can do it once, but that doesn't mean he can do it twice. You have to take into account he's getting pummeled by Conor. If Khabib is having to continuously drag or try to drag Conor down it's not going to look good for him.

As for his clinch, he's long, strong, flexible and has great balance. He's actually very good at sprawling with his hand usage and particularly his quick feet and hips too, and looks even better in the clinch when he isn't as likely to be countered off balance with a shot. He's so slippery and almost effortlessly counters into control, and proceeds to generally attack and break. He doesn't utilize it as much as he could, because he doesn't have to. That means he isn't going to have a ton of finishes in the clinch which people generally use for a basis of skill there, but he wins practically every clinch exchange and he's always making sure he does some damage there before he does break.

Conor's grappling is very underrated. He's actually a pretty good grappler, he has some particular holes in his grappling, but what he does well, he does well.

Khabib can do it once, but that doesn't mean he can do it twice. You have to take into account he's getting pummeled by Conor. If Khabib is having to continuously drag or try to drag Conor down it's not going to look good for him.

As for his clinch, he's long, strong, flexible and has great balance. He's actually very good at sprawling with his hand usage and particularly his quick feet and hips too, and looks even better in the clinch when he isn't as likely to be countered off balance with a shot. He's so slippery and almost effortlessly counters into control, and proceeds to generally attack and break. He doesn't utilize it as much as he could, because he doesn't have to. That means he isn't going to have a ton of finishes in the clinch which people generally use for a basis of skill there, but he wins practically every clinch exchange and he's always making sure he does some damage there before he does break.

Conor's grappling is very underrated. He's actually a pretty good grappler, he has some particular holes in his grappling, but what he does well, he does well.
If khabib continually takes him down conor will gas. And he can close the distance without being pummeled by Conor. If conor thought nate was big in the cage he's in for a rude awakening. Conors clinch game will be nothing new to the eagle. The only way I see conor winning is if it stays on the feet and I highly doubt khabib will do something that stupid. Either way man I hope this fight happens.

If khabib continually takes him down conor will gas. And he can close the distance without being pummeled by Conor. If conor thought nate was big in the cage he's in for a rude awakening. Conors clinch game will be nothing new to the eagle. The only way I see conor winning is if it stays on the feet and I highly doubt khabib will do something that stupid. Either way man I hope this fight happens.
People still don't understand how dangerous Conor is in-tight or in the clinch

Thats what makes Conor so difficult to compete against. Conor is MONEY from ALL ranges and ALL positions. Conor can and will make you pay from any position.

2s6lvf8.gif

2yzaqys.gif

2i0u72t.jpg

2gx2tty.gif

Anyone who thinks that if Khabib DOES manage to grab a hold of Conor, that that will be it, you are in for a rude surprise

Conor is devastating from the clinch with in-tight countering, body shots, elbows, and leverage manipulaton/control etc

Anyone who genuinely believes that Khabib will run through Conor, you are In for a very rude awakening

Amazing how many people still doubt Conor and still refuse to give Conor any kind of credit he deserves

I just hope all the people in this thread saying Conor has no chance, give Conor the credit when he makes it look easy against Khabib and dont start shitting on Khabib in order to downplay Conor's win

he spend 300k for a training camp to fight diaz 2. the strategy was to low kick him and it worked... because nate has sloppy legs... but rda fought agains nate diaz with the low kicks strategy bevore him.
$300,000 to for a game plan to throw low kicks? Seems legit<6><6><Fedor23><31>

said he who IS the most obnoxious person on here
Many are just as obnoxious If not many times more on the other end of the spectrum, they just don't get credit for such because the narrative is hating Conor.

It that got flipped, you'd be surprised.

His Haters are FAR more ridiculous than even his absolute diehard lovers at this point

and that's just the state of sherdog at this point.

If Conor wants to waste money he may as well pay me the 300k for a wrestling camp. I’ll be able to help him as much as any professional can against Khabib, which will be jack shit.

How much whisky and other alcohol fuck up Conor he need 8 months to be ready to fight again. Jesus Christ

Many are just as obnoxious If not many times more on the other end of the spectrum, they just don't get credit for such because the narrative is hating Conor.

It that got flipped, you'd be surprised.

His Haters are FAR more ridiculous than even his absolute diehard lovers at this point

and that's just the state of sherdog at this point.
Yep

One sherdog Conor hater is a million times worse then even the 10 worst Conor fans combined

It's not even close

Back