How is Rockhold vs. Romero for the interim title?

I miss official nº 1 contender/title eliminator fights instead of that joke "interim belt" where the champ will be back in some months lol

So Whitaker pulls out of 1 fight because of injury and now Rockhold vs. Romero is for the title? (If I’m correct)

Why wouldn’t they just have Rockhold fight Whitaker once Whitaker has healed?

How long has Conor and not defended the belt? How long did Mir go without defending the belt? Wasn’t/isn’t it over a year?

The UFC are probably trying protect their new-found Australian market by protecting Whitaker from Rockhold, a bad matchup.

Romero > Rockhold > Whitaker > Romero

Because the new age breed of MMA fan can’t summon the brain power to be interested in a high level fight unless it’s for a shiny leather belt with gold on it.

That the Era we're in. 13ppv a year all with a title fight or 2.

Because if its a "belt" fight sells more. Just a marketing thing... Marketing tricks all day long.

11v39l.jpg

I know, I know, I've been posting this pic too often, but it's happening so often.

another interim belt BS. Back in the days it was called n1 contender fight

It cant not be for an interim title you fucks

Basically its buisness yeah.

The stadiums wont hold the fight unless its for some form of belt in the main event its in the contract.
Main even must be for a belt.

I've had it with all these interim belts left and right. Sometimes it's warranted, but in this case it's just stupid. Whittaker is the champ, but he got injured. Rockhold and Romero are fighting for the #1 contender spot. The winner will of course fight Whittaker for the title, no interim title is needed. The only valid reason for them to create an interim title is if Whittaker is going to be out for 1+ years and the winner will have to take another fight because of Whittaker being sidelined.

So Whitaker pulls out of 1 fight because of injury and now Rockhold vs. Romero is for the title? (If I’m correct)

Why wouldn’t they just have Rockhold fight Whitaker once Whitaker has healed?

How long has Conor and not defended the belt? How long did Mir go without defending the belt? Wasn’t/isn’t it over a year?
to sell the card

Gotta love when a fighter loses their last fight and then gets to fight for the belt next fight.....

5 interims titles = 1 actual title. actual title vs actual title. for the udisputed wwe champion

Why on earth is this for an interim belt, why do we need a fake belt because a champ pulls out last minute, just give the winner of this the next title shot, the UFC is such a cringe these days it's like WWE with its belts.

its a knee injury. if he really blew out his meniscus or acl in the romero fight i mean this fight was wayyyyy to soon to take. make rockhold v romero for the interim belt and give robert the time off he needs to heal his knee

in this case it's just stupid. The only valid reason for them to create an interim title is if Whittaker is going to be out for 1+ years \.

just to be clear:
- do we know whittaker wont be out over a year?
- are you saying the below reason isnt good enough?

The stadium wont hold fight unless its for belt in the main event/
its in the contract. Main event must be for a belt.

(would you rather NO MW fight, and NO event?a Rockhold-Romero interim bothers you that bad you dont wanna see the fight?)

just to be clear:

(would you rather NO MW fight, and NO event?a Rockhold-Romero interim bothers you that bad you dont wanna see the fight?)
why we can't have it as a Romero x Rockhold headliner with no belt there? just confirms the winner as the next contender ffs
used to be like that back in the day and worked just fine

just to be clear:

Lol it doesn’t bother me I am just stating facts

It is sad that the confusion is for which belt because they have saturated the divisions with fake belts now who knows what.
It's like fighters in the same division cross paths and say what up champ, awww it's all good champ, well have a good one champ lol

Back