War romero

I think Rockhold has this.

Whittaker is the worst matchup in the division for Luke. On the other hand, I feel Yoel is very beatable for him, especially in a 5 rounder. Yoel is too low volume to keep Luke from establishing his rhythm.

Yoel is legitimately one of the most physically talented athletes of his generation though, so it's impossible to write him off. He has the ability to pull things out of his ass that reverse the fight so dramatically that it makes the rest of the bout look like he was sandbagging.

Last edited:
If they Are fighting, it is quite extraordinary.. Yoel has avoided Luke And turned down fights against him before.

I really don’t see how Romero could win this. He is not the smart, technical kickboxer Bisping or Vitor is, so I doubt he can catch him, And Luke will be far superior on the ground.

Weidman outwrestling Rockhold? What? That was a onesided beatsown.
One sided? Weidman was ahead until that stupid wheel kick. It was over from that point, but was in no way a one sided fight before that.

Charlie Manson could be in there fighting Luke and i would root against Luke

Cuba crew checking in

This is some terrible news for Rockhold. Romero might've lost against Whittaker, but we all know that if it was a fight to the death Whittaker would've lost for real. Romero is a fucking killing machine, he is going to knock Rockhold out. No way Rockhold is winning against the soldier of God.

Yoel was offered Luke before his fight with Whittaker and said he would only accept the fight vs Luke if it was 3 rounds. He refused to fight Luke in a 5 round fight so Branch took it instead.

Yoel is taking this out of desperation.

Luke wins this and makes Yoel slow down and walks him down.
To many people hate Luke on this forum and to many people over look Yoel's flaws.

One sided? Weidman was ahead until that stupid wheel kick. It was over from that point, but was in no way a one sided fight before that.

Well, it's wasn't one sided but luke was winning the fight regardless of the kick or not and it was pretty clear. And no Chris was not ahead at any moment in this fight. After round 2, two of the judges had Luke up 2-0 and one judge had it 1-1. End of round 3, two judges had Luke up 3-0 with (10-9,10-9,10-8) and the judge that had it even gave Luke a 10-8 as well.

If they Are fighting, it is quite extraordinary.. Yoel has avoided Luke And turned down fights against him before.

I really don’t see how Romero could win this. He is not the smart, technical kickboxer Bisping or Vitor is, so I doubt he can catch him, And Luke will be far superior on the ground.

I see it this way as well. Only thing I see Yoel doing is catching Luke with something explosive. Even if this fight stays standing the whole fight it's a tough one for Yoel. Luke maintains distance very well and is great at walking opponents down. And Romero of his back will be I trouble, especially in the later rounds.

Nah fuck him he's a cheater. Hope Luke smashes him.

Luke is either gonna sub or KO Yoel, he is much better conditioned and far longer than any previous opponent of Yoel.

Nah Weidman won the first round by a marggob

i absolutely love romero but i fear that age is finally catching up to him. He still looks extremely tst for sure. haha. beast romero. i LAAAUVUUUU BROOO.

I want Yoel to win but I think Rockhold matches up well with him.

I think Rockhold has this.

Whittaker is the worst matchup in the division for Luke. On the other hand, I feel Yoel is very beatable for him, especially in a 5 rounder. Yoel is too low volume to keep Luke from establishing his rhythm.

Yoel is legitimately one of the most physically talented athletes of his generation though, so it's impossible to write him off. He has the ability to pull things out of his ass that reverse the fight so dramatically that it makes the rest of the bout look like he was sandbagging.

I got Rockhold too, great grappler, can also push the pace on Yoel, he gets the W imo

Romero kills him. Rockhard goes on an epic losing streak and becomes the laughing stock of the UFC.

To many people hate Luke on this forum and to many people over look Yoel's flaws.

Definitely.

Yoel is entertaining and pulls impressive wins out of his ass but of the 8 or 9 UFC fights he has had Tavares and Starks are the only dominant wins he has had.

He struggles and usually loses until the comeback in pretty much every other fight.

WAR ROMERO

giphy.gif

I'm not a Rockhold hater, but he's going to get PTSD from this fight and then retire.

I heard the same story vs Mousasi And Romero too. Always winning until he loses.

Round one both guys were just feeling it out, like in most fights, so that was a pretty competitive round, but at no point in that fight Weidman was ahead. Luke was controlling, And never in any real danger. That fight was just an ugly beatdown that should have been stopped much earlier.

Back