Vice takes Canada to task for beating up America's shed

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...part-an-american-historic-site-with-chainsaws

As chronicled by the CBC’s Julia Wright, after a massive storm slammed into Maine, a very popular old shed outside of Lubec—beloved for being the last standing herring smokehouse in the country, built in 1907—got into a little bit of trouble. Historic value offers no protection from the cruel reality of mother nature, so when the storm hit it collapsed off its pilings into the water and took a nice little float towards Canada.

After reaching Canada’s most forgettable province, New Brunswick, the not-so-good people of Campobello Island went to town on it.

"It was a very bad scene," Rachel Rubeor, president of Lubec Landmarks, told the CBC. "Many of of the people were very hostile to her. They had chainsaws. They were sawing up the peak of the building, they were dismantling the chimney, which was intact, we have a picture of a car loaded with wood and bricks driving away."

The Americans still want to save the shed by dismantling it and bringing it back home, but the New Brunswick looters have already done a number to apparently get their hands on that sweet, sweet historical brine shed wood.

You might say, “well, Mack, this is just a couple assholes, how can you possibly use this incredibly specific situation to generalize about Canadians as a whole?” Well, to you, my fair reader, I would answer with, “look at how quick we were to rip apart Maine's favourite shed.”

Full article at link.

Last edited:
White House burning 2.0.

This is the last straw, we dominate hockey from this point forward.

tenor.gif

A wall across the ocean can prevent this kind of thing in the future.

That's what you get for trying to kill NAFTA

Last edited:
Sounds like canadia needs some freedom.

I've said it many times, Canadians being polite is a myth. After living in the US for many years I'm always kind of shocked to see what kind of cunts Canadians can be in random irrelevant situations.

I've said it many times, Canadians being polite is a myth. After living in the US for many years I'm always kind of shocked to see what kind of cunts Canadians can be in random irrelevant situations.

Eagerly awaiting the Clippy thread of “I found an old shed today and tore it apart!”

Back