General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good little profit on AXS. Biggest bet was Costa. I honestly wish I would have added more as people were still betting Padilla. I just don't like being too invested on AXS as it's pretty volatile.

Guys something just came to my mind, might well be that it's lame and stupid, so please give me your thoughts about it.

I will try to succeed with a gigantic 'parlay' in 2018:

At the next event (Stephens vs Choi) I will put 1unit on the ML that I am most confident in, totally ignoring the odds.
In case of me winning, I will put that 1unit + the winnings all on the ML that I am most confident in for the following event.
And so on, and so on. I am sure you get the idea already.

I would call this the 'L-Challenge'.
What does the L stand for?
It's obvious isn't it - on one hand it will stand for 'Lock', on the other hand it will stand for 'Luca' (since I will probably end up on heavily favorited fighters most of the time).
Could also be that I am done after 2 events already, who knows.

Would anybody be interested in joining me with this?
I could make an own thread for it, and it would be kind of a tournament.

The winner would be the guy who survives the longest.
This year there have been around 40 UFC events, I doubt that anybody will be able to last that long.
In case that the two last man standing last for the same event, the one with the higher stack wins.

On top of my head the rules would be:
-you have to make your choice for every event, if you skip one you are out!
-you have to be on board for the first event of the year already, joining later won't be possible!
-you are only allowed to bet a ML, no props!
-you are not out if the fight ends in a draw or a no contest

There would be no prize pool, it would just be for glory and honor and fun, so you could theoretically also join if you don't bet the whole thing for real (although that makes it less interesting, I feel).
You don't have to make screencaps for your actual bet or so.

Sounds fun? Sounds stupid? Please gimme your feedback.
This literally came to my mind a few minutes ago, so I might be totally off about it. But in my head it sounds like a fun community thing to do.
I will personally do this anyway, the only question is if others are interested in it as well.

Thank you for your attention for now :cool:

Whoever wants to participate, post your ML pick for UFN 124: Stephens vs Choi in here.

- post just your ML pick (along with the odds), no arguing/discussing/reasoning needed
- every post is final, you are not allowed to edit/switch picks
(exept if your fighter gets pulled off the event beforehand, f.e. if you went for Alves but the fight is off you have to make another pick)
- you can post your pick up until the event starts
- after the event I will make a post summarizing all the users that are still in
- as soon as you lose a bet you are out, please refrain from posting in this thread then (I will be the exeption to this rule, as I will try to moderate this until it's over)

Good luck on becoming the winner of the 2018's Luca/Lock-Challenge!

My pick will be Uriah Hall 1,33

Which book do we use for odds, or do we need a screendump from bestfightodds or something similar? Just to make sure no one is getting too good odds.

My bet is Micheal Johnson, 1.65 (According to BestFightOdds available at some site called BetDSI).

Which book do we use for odds, or do we need a screendump from bestfightodds or something similar? Just to make sure no one is getting too good odds.

My bet is Micheal Johnson, 1.65 (According to BestFightOdds available at some site called BetDSI).

For the main part the L-challenge is about getting the longest ML-betting streak (one per event) - the odds are actually secondary.

Despite that I would encourage everybody to bet 1unit for real on whatever ML you choose/can get, to make the L-challenge feel more vivid (+all those winnings on the next event then, and so on and so on, as explained earlier).

You obiously don't have to though, it's optional, no need for screencaps!

EDIT: Nobody square enough to bet on Usman yet haha

For the main part the L-challenge is about getting the longest ML-betting streak (one per event) - the odds are actually secondary.

Despite that I would encourage everybody to bet 1unit for real on whatever ML you choose/can get, to make the L-challenge feel more vivid (+all those winnings on the next event then, and so on and so on, as explained earlier).

You obiously don't have to though, it's optional, no need for screencaps!

EDIT: Nobody square enough to bet on Usman yet haha

Only Luca would bet on Usman @1.14

Hopefully we'll see Romero as a dog.

that took me like 20 mins to fix, going thru each post... whomever merged the mma and non mma january threads..

*shakes fist*

man i was really feeling rockhold against whittaker as a dog.. with full understanding he can be chinny and whittaker might've just ko'd him early

that took me like 20 mins to fix, going thru each post... whomever merged the mma and non mma january threads..

*shakes fist*

man i was really feeling rockhold against whittaker as a dog.. with full understanding he can be chinny and whittaker might've just ko'd him early

Same. I know most were liking Whitt but the prices I had on Rockhold ITD and SUB were insane IMO.

LFA 30 Net: +52.50
barnes +248: 75 for 186.25
soares +255: 50 for 127.50
---

Damn, Barnes was ahead on the cards but started tiring and got sloppy in rd2 as a result. Think the break during his fight camp a factor .. oh well, was a nice KO by millender.

Soares should've been a 4u play, haha. (jk, just played out that way)

Fun start to 2018.. +0.35u! hehe

Whittaker out of his title defense against Rockhold
Hall out of the Belfort fight
Ez killing the L-Challenge

terrible start for 2018 :(

belfort alves catch weight would be awesome. i'm sure the ufc wouldn't consider that since it would make the fans happy.

Whittaker out of his title defense against Rockhold
Hall out of the Belfort fight
Ez killing the L-Challenge

terrible start for 2018 :(

do it in the general thread and copy paste stuff, if it's big enough i'll move it out, deal? =)

I'll go for over 1.5 Aldrich-Taylor at Ladbrokes @ 1.20
Thanks 2bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back