Marco Barbosa live streams

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
im posting a video of one of Barbosa live streams here. There is a new video everyday and you might see me in one of them :)

Barbosa was Miyaos brothers and Leandro Lo teacher before they went to Cicero Costa gym.
We are located in São Paulo, Brasil and there is always a few people from other countries training with us. There are a lot of drills in many videos on his channel. I hope some of you enjoy it.

Read more about Master Barbosa here: https://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/marco-barbosa-facts-and-bio

off course he teaches in portuguese but you probably understand the BJJ language.
come visit if you will and roll with me!

I watch these, sometimes.

Dude is my idol. l modeled my passing game on his style. I teach the “Barbosa” pass.

He’s my instructor’s instuctor, and I got to meet him when he came to Korea. We spoke to each other in Spanish. All around awesome, guy.

I watch these, sometimes.

Dude is my idol. l modeled my passing game on his style. I teach the “Barbosa” pass.

He’s my instructor’s instuctor, and I got to meet him when he came to Korea. We spoke to each other in Spanish. All around awesome, guy.

There was 3 koreans fellows training with us in the last semester 2017. Two purple belts and a black belt who may be your instructor i wonder...?

The black belt is one of my instructors Sung Hee-yong. Barbosa gave him his
black belt back in 2009:

Those purple belts were white belts when I was in Korea.

My other instructors (and Sung Hee/yong) went to live/train for awhile in Brazil in the mid 2000’s. Two of them trained with Barbosa and another one got his black belt from Tozi. They would also train at Macaco’s.

I've watched his other instructional before, as I bought all of them as apps on my iPhone. I became a fan of his afterwards and watched his matched. I like his teaching style, even though he spoke in portugese.

Why did the Miyaos and Lo leave him eventually? Isn't Murilo Santana a black belt under him?

Thanks for that!

Does anyone have a video of him passing knee-shield? I have no idea what he does, but I bet it's great.

Man, you have no idea how much i appreciate these videos.

I have watched some of his dvds, been using his drills ever since, game changing stuff.
Barbosa is an incredible instructor, very old school but his drills concepts are very modern, probably he has taken ideas from judo.

I have also grappled with some guys that comes from his lineage, super impressive.

I've watched his other instructional before, as I bought all of them as apps on my iPhone. I became a fan of his afterwards and watched his matched. I like his teaching style, even though he spoke in portugese.

Why did the Miyaos and Lo leave him eventually? Isn't Murilo Santana a black belt under him?

Thanks for that!

I dont really know why. I am currently a white belt with one year of experience. Despite that i used to lift at his gym since around 2014. So i am not really well informed about the team history and stuff.
There is an interview with Barbosa on youtube (in portuguese language) where he mentions these guys and also says that he believes the most important thing is to just spread knowledge. He says that he cant afford space for athletes (accomodation) and that its not his main concern.
I cannot say for sure but i think that Cicero Costa may offer better conditions for athletes who want to compete (and of course he is also a great instructor). But i cannot state that, ive never been to Cicero Costa gym and currently there are some athletes from Barbosa gym who are living in the USA and do compete. I can mention Panza and a guy named Felipe who is now training with the Miyaos and Murilo Santana in NYC. I think that Murilo was a Barbosa student, yes. I have seen him with the B9 gi and read something about it.

Does anyone have a video of him passing knee-shield? I have no idea what he does, but I bet it's great.

Have you seen his Secrets of Guard Passing DVD? I think he goes over some of his concepts in there. It used to be only $20.00.

My instructors spent a lot of time with him in Brazil learning how he passes knee shield. I just moved to central PA. I’ll give you a free lesson if you ever make it over here.:)

if youre looking for passing guard drills, this is the start of a sequence of videos

and here is Barbosa fighting and winning a match against Royler Gracie

Back