Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chance starring Hugh Laurie is cancelled at Hulu after two seasons. This show didn't even register in my radar.

650_1200.jpg

I mentioned it a few times. It was incredibly stupid with flashes of interesting.

Is it really cancelled? The final episode of the second season felt very much like a series finale, the story was done.

Winners for the 2018 Golden Globe Awards (Television)

fdXo54W.jpg

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
The Crown (Netflix)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
**WINNER** The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
Stranger Things (Netflix)
This Is Us (NBC)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Caitriona Balfe, Outlander
Claire Foy, The Crown
Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Deuce
Katherine Langford, 13 Reasons Why
**WINNER** Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Jason Bateman, Ozark
**WINNER** Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
black-ish (ABC)
**WINNER** The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
Master of None (Netflix)
SMILF (Showtime)
Will & Grace (NBC)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Pamela Adlon, Better Things
Alison Brie, Glow
**WINNER** Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Issa Rae, Insecure
Frankie Shaw, SMILF

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Anthony Anderson, black-ish
**WINNER** Aziz Ansari, Master of None
Kevin Bacon, I Love Dick
William H. Macy, Shameless
Eric McCormack, Will & Grace

BEST TELEVISION LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
**WINNER** Big Little Lies (HBO)

Fargo (FX)
Feud: Bette and Joan (FX)
The Sinner (USA Network)
Top of the Lake: China Girl (SundanceTV)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Jessica Biel, The Sinner
**WINNER** Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
Jessica Lange, Feud: Bette and Joan
Susan Sarandon, Feud: Bette and Joan
Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Robert DeNiro, The Wizard of Lies
Jude Law, The Young Pope
Kyle MacLachlan, Twin Peaks
**WINNER** Ewan McGregor, Fargo
Geoffrey Rush, Genius

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
**WINNER** Laura Dern, Big Little Lies

Ann Dowd, The Handmaid’s Tale
Chrissy Metz, This Is Us
Michelle Pfeiffer, The Wizard of Lies
Shailene Woodley, Big Little Lies

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
David Harbour, Stranger Things
Alfred Molina, Feud: Bette and Joan
Christian Slater, Mr. Robot
**WINNER** Alexander Skarsgård, Big Little Lies
David Thewlis, Fargo

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
The Crown was far better than Handmaid's Tale, not even close.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Moss was good but Foy was better. Moss was all over the place and had some pretty weak moments.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Agree with Brown as the call, he was fantastic.

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY

r4r!
Marvelous-Mrs-Maisel-a8b3c3e.jpg

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
I love Master of None and Ansari but Macy kills it in Shameless. I guess his role is supporting, not sure why he was in this category.
shameless_301_0705r_wide-9b82d6d701d5974f698e41c5ad7641e2efa77c86.jpg

BEST TELEVISION LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Hurl. Can't argue with the pick but Fargo was the only watchable show for me in that pack.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Weak field. I think I would have gone with Rush; he was great in Genius. So was Johnny Flynn (pictured left) who played the young Einstein.
Genius-Flynn-Rush-678x381.jpg

Johnny Flynn also sings the title song for Detectorists, which is really great. PRO TIP: See Detectorists.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Dern was really good (in that utterly pointless show).

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
The only role I enjoyed here was Thewliss, but no way was he winning for that character.
web_cast_davidthewlis_fargo_570x698.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on a new DirectTVNow trial, been doing a fair bit of channel surfing.

Martin (1992-1997) holds up surprisingly well.

THE MAGICIANS is back with its season 3 premiere. One of its best and most witty scenes below (love the Buffy, BSG, The Craft, X-Men and GoT references). The evil fairy queen has taken over the Fillory kingdom and for some reason, she always knows about Eliot and Margo's schemes.

The Julia dance was sexy also. Got some good curves.

@Loiosh You should watch the season 3 premiere of The Magicians. There's a scene in there that you are absolutely going to love. It's so Buffy-esque. It's the scene I posted two posts above. But ignore that post for now if you're going to watch the episode. It's better with context and all.

Finished THE END OF THE F***ING WORLD and overall it's good. The main characters might be nasty and acerbic but underneath it all, it's a sweet, awkward romantic coming-of-age drama at its core.

@lordsai

Finished THE END OF THE F***ING WORLD and overall it's good. The main characters might be nasty and acerbic but underneath it all, it's a sweet, awkward romantic coming-of-age drama at its core.

@lordsai
yea that's why i enjoyed tho in all honesty when i saw the trailer i thought it was going to be a movie. i was surprised to see episodes when i clicked it. just because u think u are something doesn't make it true.

yea that's why i enjoyed tho in all honesty when i saw the trailer i thought it was going to be a movie. i was surprised to see episodes when i clicked it. just because u think u are something doesn't make it true.
Yeah. It helps that the main characters are decent people underneath. They still do bad and juvenile stuff but they haven't done anything truly bad to make viewers dislike them. I especially like James' transformation from would-be serial killer to just a confused kid who is feeling emotions for the first time in years and genuinely caring for someone else.

HALT AND CATCH FIRE Star Scoot McNairy Joins TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3

Hf53SxB.jpg

Godless star Scoot McNairy has been cast opposite Mahershala Ali, Carmen Ejogo and Stephen Dorff in the third season of Nic Pizzolatto’s HBO crime anthology series True Detective.

Season 3 will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ali will play the lead role of Wayne Hays, a state police detective from northwest Arkansas.

McNairy will play Tom, a father who suffers a terrible loss that ties his fate to that of two state police detectives over 10 years.

As with the breakout original installment of True Detective, Pizzolatto is the sole writer of the third season with the exception of Episode 4, which he co-wrote with David Milch. Jeremy Saulnier is the Season 3 director alongside Pizzolatto, who will make his directorial debut.

Pizzolatto, who also serves as showrunner, executive produces with Saulnier and returning executive producers Scott Stephens; Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, who toplined Season 1; Cary Joji Fukunaga, who directed Season 1; along with Scott Stephens, Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown.

McNairy stars in Netflix’s Godless and recently wrapped The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter with Josh Brolin and Danny McBride. He also was recently cast in The H Collective’s upcoming feature The Parts You Lose and is coming off a four-season run on AMC’s Halt and Catch Fire, which ended in October.

‘True Detective’: 'Godless' Star Scoot McNairy Cast In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series

THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES Cancelled as Paramount Network Passes on Season 3

uNqHEZY.jpg

The Shannara Chronicles have come to an end. The pricey genre drama from Sonar Entertainment will not return for a third season as Paramount Network has passed on the drama.

The first season aired on MTV and was the cabler's most-expensive pilot ever produced for the younger-skewing cable network. The show, from exec producer Jon Favreau and showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (AMC's Into the Badlands, Smallville), was renewed for a second season at MTV after the series had an impressive DVR gains among its core 12-34 demo.

However, as Viacom shuffled its executive ranks — Chris McCarthy took over MTV, becoming its third president in three years — Shannara Chronicles moved to air on Spike TV, which is being rebranded Jan. 18 as Paramount Network. Spike aired a marathon of season one leading into its sophomore season in a bid to boost awareness among its male-leaning audience. Season two wrapped Nov. 22, with Paramount Network — which will be Viacom's general entertainment hub — passing on a third season of the series based on Terry Brooks' Shannara book series.

Paramount Network will launch Jan. 18 with a mix of scripted originals first picked up for Spike (Waco), TV Land (Heathers, American Woman) and developed specifically for it (Yellowstone).

'The Shannara Chronicles' Canceled as Paramount Network Passes on Season 3

^ Yaay, I'm free! But I hope Ivana Baquero finds work soon. She needs to be on TV (or the big screen) always.

Eretria-The-Shannara-Chronicles.gif

original.gif

tumblr_o1sse2AhIy1utfkhso5_400-1454623112.gif

I've only just now found out this show even existed. It's about the Roman conquest of Britain.

Looks interesting.

The only role I enjoyed here was Thewliss, but no way was he winning for that character.
web_cast_davidthewlis_fargo_570x698.jpg
That performance was fantastic, stole the show

Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Jessie T. Usher and Two More Join THE BOYS

Antony Starr (Banshee), Dominique McElligott (The Last Tycoon), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Jessie T. Usher (Survivor’s Remorse) and Nathan Mitchell (iZombie) have joined Erin Moriarty as leads in Amazon’s straight-to-series drama The Boys, Deadline has learned.

Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson and created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are set to direct.

Starr will play Homelander, leader of the main superhero team, The Seven. McElligott plays Queen Maeve, member of The Seven. Usher will play another The Seven member, A-Train, a superhero faster than a speeding train. Crawford will play The Seven member The Deep, an aquatic hero. Mitchell plays Black Noir, a masked superhero with fighting and Set martial arts skills.

The project hails from Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce with Amazon, and Neal H. Moritz’s studio-based Original Films.

‘The Boys’: Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazons Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back