Switzerland Bans Boiling Lobster Alive.

so according to your logic, its ok to subject anything != humans to excruciating pain? gtfo goofball. You and Americana down there.
No, I was simply responding to your craziness. I love it when people start equating humans with the things humans eat.

I do think killing them humanely is ideal, but at the end of the day it's kind of a moot point - you're killing them and eating them.

You wouldn't happen to be a vegetarian, would you?

calling it the most humane way is a stretch since lobsters have a bunch of ganglia throughout their entire bodies, so the knife in the head trick really only disables a single ganglion. probably still going to suffer since that’s not gonna insta-kill them, but at least it’s a relatively less cowardly way to kill your food.
Most humane means least pain, not no pain. We can't directly measure pain so they need to take an educated guess based on time of remaining neural activity or the level of known stress hormones being produced. I have no idea how they arrived at this conclusion.

Ultimately I think we're splitting hairs here as these are very primitive organisms and we're taking about seconds of suffering.

Most humane means least pain, not no pain. We can't directly measure pain so they need to take an educated guess based on time of remaining neural activity or the level of known stress hormones being produced. I have no idea how they arrived at this conclusion.

Ultimately I think we're splitting hairs here as these are very primitive organisms and we're taking about seconds of suffering.
i can’t speak for the knife method in regards to how long the pain/suffering lasts, but the boiling water method can take upwards of a minute before a lobster will succumb to its demise.

I thought we were at war with the crab people?

But on a serious note, this is good news, being boiled alive is wrong... For any living animal, even crab people

Last edited:
Sweden is not the same as Switzerland.

No shit. But thanks for the update. Hey, is water still wet?
I could not be contrasting the pussyness of SWZ with the brutality of SWD, right? Nah. Simpleton is simple.

i can’t speak for the knife method in regards to how long the pain/suffering lasts, but the boiling water method can take upwards of a minute before a lobster will succumb to its demise.
Depends on the temperature of the water and how you put the lobster in. If you go head first at full boil they don't last long. If cooking multiple lobsters, make sure the water comes back to a hard boil after putting one in. Their body will lower the temp of the water and make the next one's death a little more unpleasant than it needs to be.

To recap the Swiss...Genocide and holding stolen Nazi money = cool
Cooking your own dinner = NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!!!

Depends on the temperature of the water and how you put the lobster in. If you go head first at full boil they don't last long. If cooking multiple lobsters, make sure the water comes back to a hard boil after putting one in. Their body will lower the temp of the water and make the next one's death a little more unpleasant than it needs to be.
i don’t see how putting the lobster in head first will actually have some sort of shortening effect on the duration of their experience in boiling water.

i don’t see how putting the lobster in head first will actually have an shortening effect on the duration of their experience in boiling water.
Their head hits the boiling water before their body cools it.

This just makes me want to boil alive more lobsters.

I don't know if I buy that cryo-lobster isn't humane. By all accounts freezing to death is fairly euphoric once hypothermia sets in.

Back