$800,000 Settlement In Trans Bathroom Quandary

I was mostly being facetious, but to continue the line of argument:

George Wallace said the same thing about black people who thought they were "something they're not" (equal to whites): "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace's_1963_Inaugural_Address

And for the record, I think the $800k settlement is a bit absurd. I also think they should have just told the kid to use the bathroom in the nurse's office, and that should have been good enough for everybody.

The transgender thing is hard to wrap one's mind around, but at the end of the day, who am I to tell someone where their right to self-determination begins and ends, even if I don't agree with it? As long as they are not harming anyone or infringing on your rights, Civil Rights mean civil rights for everybody-- even if you think they are crazy.

Nice Robert Frost quote.

Personally, I don't care what anyone does to their body or what bathroom they use. But at the same time, this isn't simply an issue of "hey, do what you want, go be happy", because we're talking about changing laws and customs, and these can have significant effects on our society.

I've seen the civil rights = trans rights argument thrown around a lot and to me it's just lazy thinking. The changes the trans movement is advocating for are not as simple as "hey, you guys have to serve black people too now".

And for the record, I think the $800k settlement is a bit absurd. I also think they should have just told the kid to use the bathroom in the nurse's office, and that should have been good enough for everybody.

There was a transgender high school case 30 miles from me where the transgender kid received a low six figure payout because the transgender person was offered use of the faculty bathroom. That most definitely wasn't good enough.

It isn't about equal rights; it's about forcing everyone to acknowledge that the lifestyle in question is every bit as valid, desirable and reasonable as the "normal" lifestyle.

George Wallace said the same thing about black people who thought they were "something they're not" (equal to whites): "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace's_1963_Inaugural_Address
I don't think this is a valid comparison, at all. The "something they're not" in the case of transgenders doesn't imply them being less equal than women, which was clearly the case when they used it to disparage black people.

I feel like transactivists are piggybacking on black civil rights and making analogies that don't really hold up.

Personally, I don't care what anyone does to their body or what bathroom they use. But at the same time, this isn't simply an issue of "hey, do what you want, go be happy", because we're talking about changing laws and customs, and these can have significant effects on our society.

I've seen the civil rights = trans rights argument thrown around a lot and to me it's just lazy thinking. The changes the trans movement is advocating for are not as simple as "hey, you guys have to serve black people too now".
Indeed, what seems to be a big part of their agenda is gaining access to women's-only spaces. The ulterior motive behind that could be anything ranging from perversion to misogyny.

Can't wait to walk into the mens room to find a confused f2m trans taking a dump in the urinal. I'll lose my fucking mind!

They should of got about 5 mil the poor emotional suffering that was done by this !!!!

As these places get continuously sued, eventually they are going to have to give up on the discrimination

Yeah had to SMH when I read that. Fucking lawyers. How many man hours could have possibly been spent on this horseshit?
Lawyers are the biggest con artists on the planet.

There was a transgender high school case 30 miles from me where the transgender kid received a low six figure payout because the transgender person was offered use of the faculty bathroom. That most definitely wasn't good enough.

It isn't about equal rights; it's about forcing everyone to acknowledge that the lifestyle in question is every bit as valid, desirable and reasonable as the "normal" lifestyle.

It isn't even about transgender people either. They are being used as pawns by political and ideological forces.

Indeed, what seems to be a big part of their agenda is gaining access to women's-only spaces. The ulterior motive behind that could be anything ranging from perversion to misogyny.

Yeah, and we have laws now where if you refer to someone by the wrong pronouns you're fucked, so this whole thing does have serious repercussions for everyone.

When I see that guy who got millions in plastic surgery to look like a Ken doll, I say good for him. Do what you want. Pursue your own happiness. God bless. But that guy didn't ask for special privileges, he didn't spearhead laws where you had to refer to him as a doll or you get heavily fined or brought up on hate crimes. He's not asking to go and shit in the woman's bathroom.

I know, right...

BE_March-on-Washington-MLK.jpg
Wow, LGBT rights is in no fucking way comparable to the Civil Rights movement.

How about the boys’ rights not to piss in front of a biological female? Certainly there is some sexual misconduct suit there. I’d sue the school and the chick for damages.
The whole reason for gender segregated, separate but equal bathrooms is to make people feel comfortable. The tolerant left has once again prioritized the comfort of one group over another by totalitarian force.

I know, right...

BE_March-on-Washington-MLK.jpg
Gay marriage is legal and we've sorta crossed that hurdle as a nation. Now arguing over transexuals using bathrooms is akin to lynchings and church bombings due to skin color.

One of those examples of Joe Biden being right about America being in it's own way sometimes.

Wow, LGBT rights is in no fucking way comparable to the Civil Rights movement.
Disagree.

Gay marriage is legal and we've sorta crossed that hurdle as a nation. Now arguing over transexuals using bathrooms is akin to lynchings and church bombings due to skin color.

One of those examples of Joe Biden being right about America being in it's own way sometimes.

Agree.

The problem here was the wrist band and bathroom monitoring as much as anything else.
Let me dumb it down for you republicans a little.
It would be like putting a hat on a Trump supporter that says " im an ignorant parrot" and then following them around to monitor their shitting patterns.

Disagree.

Agree.
To be clear, I don't think a tranny bathroom issue is comparable to church bombings or lynchings from the 1950's. These people have always had the same legal rights as everyone else, they can vote, they can run for political office, it's actually illegal to discriminate under business law. And they encompass maybe .6% of the adult population in the United States.

But on the other hand, I think things were fine before the Republicans decided to make it an issue in Georgia and here in NC. Men dressing up in wigs and going to a woman's bathroom to prey on children was not an epidemic - it may happen, but there are idiots and sick people in every corner of every spectrum. It didn't become an actual issue until they decided to argue the case in congress and pass certain laws. THEN you have our entertainment industries going to shit and our economy suffering. Now it's leading to *cough* civil rights discussions comparable to legitimate causes in history.

It's all a cluster fuck, and one side started it but the other is just as reactionary. It'd be nice to just go back a few years and ignore the issue completely.

I do find certain, hypothetical scenarios funny though. Say we let a pre-op girl who is transitioning into a boy, go to a bathroom with nothing but urinals. What's going to happen?

Last edited:
The problem here was the wrist band and bathroom monitoring as much as anything else.
Let me dumb it down for you republicans a little.
It would be like putting a hat on a Trump supporter that says " im an ignorant parrot" and then following them around to monitor their shitting patterns.

It reminds me of hall passes. The only way to make sure you weren't going to be bothered by staff was to have a hall pass to show. They did the same thing here, the bracelet was a signal for staff to know not to bother the student when she went in the wrong bathroom. Her school has 1500 people. I went to a high school with 2000 students and it's a fair guess that none of the staff would individually recognize you. And they weren't following her around, she claims simply having the bracelet was "monitoring". Like anyone gave a shit what her stupid ass was doing.

Back