Sparring stories from the masses

Story from Roger Mayweather he used to always tell me, he said when he was about 14 years old and first started boxing his coach was a heavyweight & that he sparred with him to work with him, and Roger said he hit him with a right hand and knocked him out cold. His coach, a heavyweight, knocked out cold by a kid. His coach didn't spar him again lol

<escalate99>

My coach was a 5'4 130lber who was a national amateur champ and who, legend has it, beat up some Australian pros while travelling. Im 5'8 and was the same weight.

He used to rip my body so hard I had to run out of the ring to puke or shit. He said he liked me cos I always came back in for more rounds.

All these stories have a common theme

Shittin'

If only gyms didn't shame people for pooping on $200 Zebra mats, then everything would be all good. Hell, ain't that what a dedicated cleaning team is for? Cleaning.

If we all shat on the mats, we'd help them get more work. Our poo circulates the MMA economy!

All these stories have a common theme

Shittin'

If only gyms didn't shame people for pooping on $200 Zebra mats, then everything would be all good. Hell, ain't that what a dedicated cleaning team is for? Cleaning.

If we all shat on the mats, we'd help them get more work. Our poo circulates the MMA economy!

Hell if i could train for free id volunteer as tribute for the job

Some gyms ask for money as like an "insurance" to spar. That should include cleaning after soiling the mats

Story from Roger Mayweather he used to always tell me, he said when he was about 14 years old and first started boxing his coach was a heavyweight & that he sparred with him to work with him, and Roger said he hit him with a right hand and knocked him out cold. His coach, a heavyweight, knocked out cold by a kid. His coach didn't spar him again lol

<YeahOKJen>

<{cruzshake}>

<DontBelieve1> *him.

There was one time I was sparring with my buddy and all of a sudden we hear a big yelp and we turn and see that someone has been dropped.The guy actually had to leave after he got back up. So naturally I had to ask what happened. Turns out he was hit with a leg kick and it dropped him, as soon as he said that one or two more guys including the coach said to go easy on the legs with this guy because hes been dropped and really hurt by them before. I end up being matched up with the guy the next day and Im countering and kicking his legs because thats what i tend to do and my man was milly rocking with every kick. I felt kinda bad but i wast throwing hard at all
200w_d.gif

I've posted about this before, but it's always worth repeating. My all time favorite martial arts memory of all time was watching a belt test. Two guys were sparring: one this absolute behemoth of a dude, like 300 pounds, nearly even my height probly 6'3 or so, another a super friendly high school kid. They were doing the sparring portion of the test. Keep in mind this is a TMA, so it's basically a formality. All you have to do is like throw a punch and you pass the test, you've already done the "requirements" portion of the test.

Anywho, 300 pound monster guy accidentally/intentionally launches a low kick directly to the nards of the high school kid. HS kid turns around and doubles over in pain and stumbles across to the other side of the gym. Then -- in the greatest moment of my life -- rather than stopping and bowing or just giving him some space, behemoth dude does this insanely unathletic running flying front kick to the taint of the back-turned high school kid and literally lifts him off the floor by his asshole. The old school judging Korean masters made literal :O faces. I have NO FUCKING IDEA what was going through behemoth's mind. It was one of the most surreal moments of my life, and it's hard to think about without tearing up from laughter.

At another time, behemoth was trying to spar me and kept punching me in the nards and kicking my knees so I threw a back kick and accidentally broke 3 of his fused ribs. Karma.

I've posted about this before, but it's always worth repeating. My all time favorite martial arts memory of all time was watching a belt test. Two guys were sparring: one this absolute behemoth of a dude, like 300 pounds, nearly even my height probly 6'3 or so, another a super friendly high school kid. They were doing the sparring portion of the test. Keep in mind this is a TMA, so it's basically a formality. All you have to do is like throw a punch and you pass the test, you've already done the "requirements" portion of the test.

Anywho, 300 pound monster guy accidentally/intentionally launches a low kick directly to the nards of the high school kid. HS kid turns around and doubles over in pain and stumbles across to the other side of the gym. Then -- in the greatest moment of my life -- rather than stopping and bowing or just giving him some space, behemoth dude does this insanely unathletic running flying front kick to the taint of the back-turned high school kid and literally lifts him off the floor by his asshole. The old school judging Korean masters made literal :O faces. I have NO FUCKING IDEA what was going through behemoth's mind. It was one of the most surreal moments of my life, and it's hard to think about without tearing up from laughter.

At another time, behemoth was trying to spar me and kept punching me in the nards and kicking my knees so I threw a back kick and accidentally broke 3 of his fused ribs. Karma.

"accidentally/intentionally" am i right;)

I've sparred many people but sometimes when I sparred people with natural punching power, it just felt so unfair that they were blessed with such great genetics. I've sparred a featherweight (126lb) once who had harder punches than most welterweights or bigger. I sparred a guy who outweighed me by 50lbs and that guy didn't hit as hard as this little dude. I thought I was going to knocked out.

Being a manlet is a blessing?

I guess in a sense in this scenario. People wouldn't take him seriously because he's small but they'd be in for a surprise if they get touched.
I say the same about myself to women. I may be short but I have a regular sized guy's penis.
But it's an regular asian guy so it's still small

Doc told me 5'11 1/2. Dude couldn't even toss me the 1/2 inch. Iv been sensative about it ever since
Like that makes a difference

DKCpWqz.png

Did some sparring yesterday and i was doing my usual "lets see what type of shit we can get to work" rounds. Back fists, spining shit, superman off the wall, dom cruz esq head movment. Now i dont actually fight this way but when i have fun i tend to just go with the flow and try shit.

Long story short(ish) im packing up and my coach says to me "you have a very funky style its fun to watch.some people cant be creative when sparring while others can do spin kicks and not even jab, neither of those are you but i want you to hold the creativity back a bit, add structure to it."

What exactly does this mean? Like a Cus D'amato fire can cook your food or burn your house its how you use it type thing? (Long post, thanks in advance)

Did some sparring yesterday and i was doing my usual "lets see what type of shit we can get to work" rounds. Back fists, spining shit, superman off the wall, dom cruz esq head movment. Now i dont actually fight this way but when i have fun i tend to just go with the flow and try shit.

Long story short(ish) im packing up and my coach says to me "you have a very funky style its fun to watch.some people cant be creative when sparring while others can do spin kicks and not even jab, neither of those are you but i want you to hold the creativity back a bit, add structure to it."

What exactly does this mean? Like a Cus D'amato fire can cook your food or burn your house its how you use it type thing? (Long post, thanks in advance)

He meant he can tell you're dicking around and to use more legit techniques so you don't get yourself KOd.

Sounds like your fundamentals isn't there. Probably telegraphed alot of those strikes, were off balanced, etc

What he really means is
You need to bang more

What he really means is You need to bang more

I dunno why but this never gets old. I wonder if that guy killed himself yet from being so completely embarrassing on national TV.

Back