Bruce lee was a speedy bastard

The nunchucks scene though, the guy just blinks a lot when he does the nunchucks moves. It's not sped up.

His blinking looks very unnatural though. I always wondered about this when I was a kid.

Yeah things may look sped up when someone's already fast, and especially when you're watching the low quality non-HD clips on Youtube. If you actually have the HD releases of the movie, you can tell it's natural and not sped up. Some BL movie clips on YouTube look choppy because the uploader didn't upload high quality clips, making it harder to see. Therefore giving an illusion that it was sped up.

I watched that joint when it was on VHS tapes and the blinking still looks sped up. There's no HD. It's just remastered by sharpening the colors. What's on YouTube is mostly from people transferring their VHS tapes. So if it's a copy on VHS "ep" to get 6 hours per tape, then it's shitty. But if it's a less played, "sp" purchased tape then it should be as good as it gets. He's clearly blinking unnaturally.

Last edited:
I don't see how the film technology back then couldn't pick up his alleged, speed when there were no problems filming live Boxing fights. And I doubt that Bruce Lee is faster at jabbing than all the Boxers back then, especially the lighter guys.

i know what kind of moron punches a bag like that! LOL

am7rR3J.gif
Right man could barely move a light bag.

i know what kind of moron punches a bag like that! LOL

am7rR3J.gif

So the GrandMaster Lee was 50 years behind in technique ? And intensity. And the fact that Dempsey was a proven mauler (and technically crude) who smashed much bigger men's faces and ribs in. In verified fights and with 10s of thousands of witnesses.

Lee's whole schtick was technique yet he looks like a brodude in the gym.

It's fine to say what it is, Bruce Lee was a movie actor and not a real fighter. He had some interesting concepts, like many others before during and after him but his greatest contribution is that he made martial arts famous, cool and mainstream.

Fin.

Or Muay Thai fighters from Thailand. Who would very well know in the 60s and 70s in Hong Kong.

But no.....he preferred deluded old men in blue pajamas.

Thinking about this now...I'm starting to think that Bruce Lee never intended to be turned into this superhuman icon.....sure he understood that in order to sell movies, he needed to keep a certain level of mystique about him and made sure he never sparred nor fought anyone in public that weren't from his crew.

But after his death, it seemed that it was all of his STUDENTS/FAMILY who not only perpetuated these myths, but embellished the hell out of them.....because they all PROFITED from being associated with his name. Enter the Dragon exploded when released after his death. And who the hell was Jim Kelly if it weren't for Enter the Dragon? Inosanto....all those guys, made their entire living/career off of Bruce Lee's name....selling JKD school memberships, seminars, books, trinkets, etc....up to this day.

Last edited:
So the GrandMaster Lee was 50 years behind in technique ? And intensity. And the fact that Dempsey was a proven mauler (and technically crude) who smashed much bigger men's faces and ribs in. In verified fights and with 10s of thousands of witnesses.

The fact you dont understand or even like the technique being shown doesnt mean its not valid and or good.

i believe demsey referred the alternating power punches hes showing in the gif as "the whirl" . Lee was a big dempsey fan boy so its no surprise he is taking after him.

I believe i recall seeing sinister comment on the lee bagwork vid and saying it looked fine outside of him being more heavy on the lead leg than he likes. So given all that ill disregard the sherdog experts views

In my experience most Bruce Lee haters are illogical and insecure. Of course he didn't challenge nak Muay because HE RESPECTED muay Thai AS A LEGITIMATE FIGHTING ART and he adopted what he could from it. He didn't challenge boxing gyms either because HE RESPECTED BOXING as a legitimate and very effective fighting art and he adopted what he could from that as well. He challenged the training methods and typical mindset of traditional martial artists because he was out to prove the ineffectiveness of their styles COMPARED TO the progressive and contact oriented styles such as muay Thai and boxing. He was irritated with the delusional and closed minded ways of thinking of traditional martial artists so he was on a mission to prove how delusional and closed minded they were.

Man, some of you people really should get off of that "Bruce Lee wasn't a real fighter, he was an actor" wagon and get a clue.

Last edited:
In my experience most Bruce Lee haters are illogical and insecure. Of course he didn't challenge nak Muay because HE RESPECTED muay Thai AS A LEGITIMATE FIGHTING ART and he adopted what he could from it. He didn't challenge boxing gyms either because HE RESPECTED BOXING as a legitimate and very effective fighting art and he adopted what he could from that as well. He challenged traditional dojos because he was out to prove the ineffectiveness of those styles COMPARED TO the progressive and contact oriented styles such as muay Thai and boxing.
He was irritated with the delusional and closed minded ways of thinking of traditional martial artists so he was on a mission to prove how delusional and closed minded they were.

Man, some of you people really should get off of that "Bruce Lee wasn't a real fighter, he was an actor" wagon and get a clue.

You're full of shit and don't know WTF you're talking about.

1. Bruce Lee was challenging people in Chinatown, when he was a nobody that was trying to make a name for himself. He was posting flyers challenging anyone for a fight. No Boxers saw them, probably b/c there weren't any Boxing gyms in Chinatown. At that time, Chinese were low class citizens and stayed among themselves.

2. Wong Jack Man was another "nobody" Kung-Fu guy w/his real job being a waiter....and he answered Bruce Lee's flyer for a fight. And they fought behind closed doors w/both sides claiming they'd won.

3. After the above fight was when Bruce Lee virtually renounced his Wing Chun training....realizing how shitty it was, even vs. some Kung-Fu/Waiter guy off the streets....and started looking into other arts to cross train. This fight was in 1964, which meant that all Bruce Lee had was some street chopsocky and Wing Chun...of which the Chunners (another group of delusionals) claim, wasn't close to being complete through his training with Ip Man.

4. After this fight in 1964, Wong put out an ad in the papers for a 2nd fight open to the public to settle it. The 2nd fight never happened b/c Bruce Lee either ran away or ran away and got lucky with his Green Hornet opportunity; which aired in 1966.

5. Jeet Kune Do was originated in 1967. Which meant that he had less than 3 years to develop JKD...esp. while filming TGH. Which probably meant that he made up that JKD joint on the fly w/o much training in those supposed "other arts" like Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, etc....and after his sudden death, it was PROBABLY Inosanto and the rest of his students who perpetuated the art of JKD into what it is today..... something that's basically below average in terms of world wide accomplishments. If anything, it was probably Inosanto who added all that Muay Thai, Boxing, FMA, etc. into it. Inosanto is a legit Nak Muay + FMA'ist. Sure his students did it b/c they loved him, but also for all that $$$$$$ cashing in on Lee's name.

So NO.....Bruce Lee didn't challenge Boxers, Nak Muays, etc... because he got a real job in 1965 filming The Green Hornet (and losing a challenge fight would be detrimental to his rep) . Then he rubbed elbows with movie stars, teaching them KF...., so now he's cleaning himself up his image. The only period that he had time to be a street thug, challenging schools was during that time in Chinatown. He couldn't even beat a Kung-Fu waiter yet you think he can go into a Boxing gym in the 'hood to start trouble? And Muay Thai probably didn't even exist in the USA at that time.

You're full of shit and don't know WTF you're talking about.

1. Bruce Lee was challenging people in Chinatown, when he was a nobody that was trying to make a name for himself. He was posting flyers challenging anyone for a fight. No Boxers saw them, probably b/c there weren't any Boxing gyms in Chinatown. At that time, Chinese were low class citizens and stayed among themselves.

2. Wong Jack Man was another "nobody" Kung-Fu guy w/his real job being a waiter....and he answered Bruce Lee's flyer for a fight. And they fought behind closed doors w/both sides claiming they'd won.

3. After the above fight was when Bruce Lee virtually renounced his Wing Chun training....realizing how shitty it was, even vs. some Kung-Fu/Waiter guy off the streets....and started looking into other arts to cross train. This fight was in 1964, which meant that all Bruce Lee had was some street chopsocky and Wing Chun...of which the Chunners (another group of delusionals) claim, wasn't close to being complete through his training with Ip Man.

4. After this fight in 1964, Wong put out an ad in the papers for a 2nd fight open to the public to settle it. The 2nd fight never happened b/c Bruce Lee either ran away or ran away and got lucky with his Green Hornet opportunity; which aired in 1966.

5. Jeet Kune Do was originated in 1967. Which meant that he had less than 3 years to develop JKD...esp. while filming TGH. Which probably meant that he made up that JKD joint on the fly w/o much training in those supposed "other arts" like Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, etc....and after his sudden death, it was PROBABLY Inosanto and the rest of his students who perpetuated the art of JKD into what it is today..... something that's basically below average in terms of world wide accomplishments. If anything, it was probably Inosanto who added all that Muay Thai, Boxing, FMA, etc. into it. Inosanto is a legit Nak Muay + FMA'ist. Sure his students did it b/c they loved him, but also for all that $$$$$$ cashing in on Lee's name.

So NO.....Bruce Lee didn't challenge Boxers, Nak Muays, etc... because he got a real job in 1965 filming The Green Hornet (and losing a challenge fight would be detrimental to his rep) . Then he rubbed elbows with movie stars, teaching them KF...., so now he's cleaning himself up his image. The only period that he had time to be a street thug, challenging schools was during that time in Chinatown. He couldn't even beat a Kung-Fu waiter yet you think he can go into a Boxing gym in the 'hood to start trouble? And Muay Thai probably didn't even exist in the USA at that time.

This entire post unequivocally proves that you're a complete dumb ass. Since there is no cure for stupid I'll save myself the agony of trying to reason with you. You can find someone else on your neanderthal level to go back and forth with. I won't bother reading anymore of your shit posts let alone responding to any of them.

Last edited:
I watched that joint when it was on VHS tapes and the blinking still looks sped up. There's no HD. It's just remastered by sharpening the colors. What's on YouTube is mostly from people transferring their VHS tapes. So if it's a copy on VHS "ep" to get 6 hours per tape, then it's shitty. But if it's a less played, "sp" purchased tape then it should be as good as it gets. He's clearly blinking unnaturally.

0Lh9YoO.jpg

uecAnTz.jpg

Have you watched any of his movies in the HD re-releases? VHS doesn't count brother. If you watch the HD re-releases the speed looks more normal and the images and his movements are way more clear. I just every nunchuck clip on his movies in HD and they're all in normal speed.

It's not sped up.

In my experience most Bruce Lee haters are illogical and insecure.

That's actually kind of true. And Bruce Lee acknowledged Muay Thai as a style that gave 95% of Chinese arts a difficult time. However, I have his personal notes and he said a couple things about Muay Thai.

ZRRXsf6.jpg

XTRGwBt.jpg

0Lh9YoO.jpg

uecAnTz.jpg

Have you watched any of his movies in the HD re-releases? VHS doesn't count brother. If you watch the HD re-releases the speed looks more normal and the images and his movements are way more clear. I just every nunchuck clip on his movies in HD and they're all in normal speed.

It's not sped up.

I have a triple dvd 6 movie blue ray set and it looks fast af but more normal as youre saying

That's actually kind of true. And Bruce Lee acknowledged Muay Thai as a style that gave 95% of Chinese arts a difficult time. However, I have his personal notes and he said a couple things about Muay Thai.

ZRRXsf6.jpg

XTRGwBt.jpg

What book are these writings in?

What book are these writings in?

Oh yeah, I shouldn't be really sharing it. Most people think they understand JKD by just reading The Tao of JKD. However, most people don't know that there's another book that complements The Tao of JKD. Why? The Tao of JKD is the one book most people read and most people don't even realize the Tao of JKD is more of an open glossary/open interpretation of JKD. It's most about philosophical writings, like an index.

The real books where Bruce Lee discusses how to fuck people up using JKD is in his other book, which I personally would refer to, The Tao of JKD part 2, but the real book is called "Commentaries on The Martial Way" which is like 500 pages of his extensive studies on the JKD tools, strategies, how to fight against other stylists, what to look out for, what their weaknesses are, and how to put JKD together. Then there's also "Bruce Lee's Fighting Method Expanded Edition" but most people never heard of "Commentaries on Martial Way" which has been around for like decades.

Most people are criticizing the heavybag punching video of Bruce Lee but what most of you don't know is that this video was shot in 1970 and he had just barely recovered from his severe back injury. He had to take it lightly and was just testing out things out. It isn't a serious training footage, guys. We all have our moments when we're serious and when we're not, and this video for sure isn't a serious testimony.

Also, Joe Lewis and Dan Inosanto said he was just practicing a modified version of the chain punching of straight blast. Now explain to me, chain punching already isn't a super powerful punch like throwing some mean hooks. I consider Bruce Lee to be a little strong for his size to movie the bag around like that using chain punches, which aren't meant to be power punches to begin with.

Oh yeah, I shouldn't be really sharing it. Most people think they understand JKD by just reading The Tao of JKD. However, most people don't know that there's another book that complements The Tao of JKD. Why? The Tao of JKD is the one book most people read and most people don't even realize the Tao of JKD is more of an open glossary/open interpretation of JKD. It's most about philosophical writings, like an index.

The real books where Bruce Lee discusses how to fuck people up using JKD is in his other book, which I personally would refer to, The Tao of JKD part 2, but the real book is called "Commentaries on The Martial Way" which is like 500 pages of his extensive studies on the JKD tools, strategies, how to fight against other stylists, what to look out for, what their weaknesses are, and how to put JKD together. Then there's also "Bruce Lee's Fighting Method Expanded Edition" but most people never heard of "Commentaries on Martial Way" which has been around for like decades.

I have Bruce Lee's Fighting Method Expanded Edition. Just wondering which one your picture was from is all

Have you read Commentaries yet? That book is gold and almost nobody knows about it. You find information on there about JKD you would never find in any of his other books or writings.

ZRRXsf6.jpg

XTRGwBt.jpg

I have those same notes. Iirc it's his Commentaries on the Martial Way.

While he acknowledged the effectiveness of muay Thai he also expressed a concern that the sport of muay Thai does not include grappling and ground work. Perhaps he didn't know about muay boran and how it differs from the sport of muay Thai.

Have you read Commentaries yet? That book is gold and almost nobody knows about it. You find information on there about JKD you would never find in any of his other books or writings.

I have this book. I completely agree with your Tao of JKD Part 2 analogy. The two books go together. Those two books along with the 4 volume Bruce Lee's Fighting Method is the complete collection on Bruce's thoughts and method of martial combat.

Note a single report of Lee challenging boxing gyms, because he respected those guys abilities as fighters and knew he would get smashed.

in conclusion: Bruce Lee popularized the fucking head kick

Back