Just Watched Grizzly Man. your opinion on Timothy Treadwell

Do you guys think Timothy Treadwell was batshit crazy, or did he do alot of good for bear conservation and awareness? Fucking crazy how he was eaten with his girlfriend with audiotape. Anyways im surprised i just heard about this now. The Director was kind of annoying though.

Your thoughts?

But he's such a happy fellow...

POS nad coward, even in his dying moments didn't tell his lady friend to run.

I sense a troll here.

The end is kind of creepy how he points out the old mean bear that is the most dangerous type of bear and will eat you . Showed the bear desperate for food diving for dead salmon on the bottom.
He filmed the bear that ate them like the day before he popped his head in their area... and he still stuck around in the same old area... was like begging to get eaten. Dam the audio must have been the most brutal sounds of his skull getting crunched is why they wouldn’t let anyone hear it .

You picked up on his character arc changing in the documentary. In the beginning he was very cognizant and careful around the bears including demeanor and eye contact. As the picture went further on the audience sees him at one point chase a fox and find a bear den, a big no-no. In the last quarter of the movie he is careless around the bears even to the point where he is turning his back to them, another no-no.

Never saw the film so I don't really have an opinion. Worth watching?

Movie was interesting but I was really upset that I sat through 2 hours waiting to hear that audio and then fucking herzog decides that I don't get to hear it. Fuck you, Werner, if I didn't want to hear it I wouldn't have chosen to watch the film. Stop making my choices for me.
At the same time I understand not wanting to make such a moment public... out of respect for the deceased. But keeping it private because it's disturbing is a fucking joke.

But he's such a happy fellow...

I would have believed this was parody if it had been presented as such. What a fucking crybaby. He's projecting his misery on birds and trees, literally. Do people really interpret this sort of shit as wisdom?

Back