Let's all be honest: Trump's "wall" is a colossal waste of money

Tunnels and planes filled with drugs. A wall.

One of those is a problem, and one is a solution to that problem. I'll let Trump fans take their time figuring out which is which, but here's a hint: It's the exact opposite of what you think.

This wall will do fuck all, and any measures to strengthen the border that includes talk of a wall are from people who think reality is a cartoon.
I was deployed (as an Army National Guardman) in 2006-2007 in Operation Jump Start in Yuma sector to assist the Border Patrol to secure the border and built a fence. Yuma Sector at that time was overwhelmed with human & drug smuggling before the fence was built. We probably had at least 100+ seizures/arrests in one day, but seizures/arrests dropped down to 1-2 a day after the fence was put up.

Yeah, it was a flimsy 8-10 fence, not a wall.

His supporters seem to forget (ignore?) that years earlier even Republicans themselves had to admit that a wall wouldn't work when study after study proved it to be a ridiculous idea.

Then came the angry Trumptards who will support any idea that they themselves have gestated (with no knowledge of politics, history, economics, science or anything else).

I was deployed (as an Army National Guardman) in 2006-2007 in Operation Jump Start in Yuma sector to assist the Border Patrol to secure the border and built a fence. Yuma Sector at that time was overwhelmed with human & drug smuggling before the fence was built. We probably had at least 100+ seizures/arrests in one day, but seizures/arrests dropped down to 1-2 a day after the fence was put up.

not to upset you but

they just started going where there wasnt a fence or made a hole in it...

also if the national guard was deployed for it .. that made it more of a 1 time detail (you werent posted there long time right) its the same thing police depts do for burg zones or when something bad happens... floood the area with presence, make a bunch of arrests and declare "victory"

but both know thats bs

not to upset you but

they just started going where there wasnt a fence or made a hole in it...
the fence my National Guard built in Yuma equipped with motion detector and video surveillance. It gives the BP enough time to respond to troubled area.

drug & human smuggling dropped 90% in Yuma Sector speaks for itself

Cut off their incentive to come here. And instead of having immigration agents raid 711's they should raid farms instead.

the fence my National Guard built in Yuma equipped with motion detector and video surveillance. It gives the BP enough time to respond to troubled area.

drug & human smuggling dropped 90% in Yuma Sector speaks for itself
like i said (again not to offend) they just moved operations to another area... im glad yuma saw the drop but i seriously doubt it even slowed down overall crimes

Like that former Mexican president said, you can build a 20 foot wall, they're just going to come over it with a 20 foot ladder.

Or as a lot do, just come under the wall through tunnels. You can build a 100 foot wall, it doesn't matter if they're just going under it. Or they'll continue to be smuggled across the border. Or they'll just come legally and overstay their VISAs.

What Trump needs to do is acknowledge that illegal immigrants are going to get into America, and focus his resources and remove them when they do with stricter rules.

Take that money you were going to use on a wall and offer cash rewards for tips leading to the deportation of illegals. Money is the greatest motivator behind sex, so if someone knows they can make money from anonymously reporting illegals, ICE is going to be VERY busy.

Continue to go after businesses who employ illegals with heavy fines and sanctions.

Make it so that if you're caught illegally living in America, you're deported and you are forever disqualified from ever legally immigrating or visiting America.

And of course, DACA MUST be abolished.
Of course it is. But Trump has a problem admitting he’s wrong about anything, so he has to come up with a solution that will not make it look like a bad idea. And that it seems is a problem for him.

Cut off their incentive to come here. And instead of having immigration agents raid 711's they should raid farms instead.
haha i saw that ice was hitting 7/11's and the first thing i could think of was
fbi-apu.jpg
giphy.gif

I honestly can't believe those numbers for a second unless you're gonna source them, because 100 a day to 2 a day is essentially eliminating the drug problem. Any area with that kind of instant success would have it's protocol change copied everywhere on the border instantly.

Also if we're being realistic, the reality of those numbers would suggest a failure to catch smugglers that were being caught. Because the idea that 98% of the people smuggling drugs decided not to when they saw the new fence is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm all for more fencing and more man-power down there, but until drugs stop coming here from Mexico in abundance, stories about 1 fence working great don't move me much. We know those drugs aren't being driven and walked over, so in what way is a wall gonna be a solution to that problem? Telling me a fence resulted in you guys catching less drug smugglers during a time where drugs were still coming here in abundance is just telling me fences don't work.

like i said (again not to offend) they just moved operations to another area... im glad yuma saw the drop but i seriously doubt it even slowed down overall crimes
yeah, the smugglers/coyotes moved their operations to a less secure area on the border.

there was nothing (man made or natural obstacles) on Yuma's border before we put up that fence. the smugglers/coyotes transported their goods on donkeys, off-road vehicles, ATVs unimpeded.

I honestly can't believe those numbers for a second unless you're gonna source them, because 100 a day to 2 a day is essentially eliminating the drug problem. Any area with that kind of instant success would have it's protocol change copied everywhere on the border instantly.

Also if we're being realistic, the reality of those numbers would suggest a failure to catch smugglers that were being caught. Because the idea that 98% of the people smuggling drugs decided not to when they saw the new fence is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm all for more fencing and more man-power down there, but until drugs stop coming here from Mexico in abundance, stories about 1 fence working great don't move me much. We know those drugs aren't being driven and walked over, so in what way is a wall gonna be a solution to that problem? Telling me a fence resulted in you guys catching less drug smugglers during a time where drugs were still coming here in abundance is just telling me fences don't work.
operation jump start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Jump_Start
On 15 July 2008, Operation Jump Start came to an end. At its peak there were as many as 6,000 soldiers and airmen on the mission with more than 29,000 from every state and territory. During the operation:

• more than 176,000 undocumented aliens were apprehended
  • more than 1,100 vehicles seized
  • more than 321,000 pounds (146,000 kg) of marijuana and cocaine were seized
  • more than 28,000 hours of flight time were logged by National Guard pilots
  • more than 19 miles (31 km) of road, 38 miles (61 km) of fencing and 96 miles (154 km) of vehicle barriers were built
  • close to 720 miles (1,160 km) of road repaired.

yeah, the smugglers/coyotes moved their operations to a less secure area on the border.

there was nothing (man made or natural obstacles) on Yuma's border before we put up that fence. the smugglers/coyotes transported their goods on donkeys, off-road vehicles, ATVs unimpeded.
i get it my brother in law works in border patrol and i have like 12 family members either active military or law enforcement... (im ret)
im not opposed to a border fence... but i am opposed to building some cockimamie wall costing taxpayers billions

operation jump start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Jump_Start
On 15 July 2008, Operation Jump Start came to an end. At its peak there were as many as 6,000 soldiers and airmen on the mission with more than 29,000 from every state and territory. During the operation:

• more than 176,000 undocumented aliens were apprehended
  • more than 1,100 vehicles seized
  • more than 321,000 pounds (146,000 kg) of marijuana and cocaine were seized
  • more than 28,000 hours of flight time were logged by National Guard pilots
  • more than 19 miles (31 km) of road, 38 miles (61 km) of fencing and 96 miles (154 km) of vehicle barriers were built
  • close to 720 miles (1,160 km) of road repaired.

I was specifically talking about the location you were talking about, but you got it, I'm gonna assume your numbers about that location were totally accurate...

So now explain to me why the fence resulted in you guys catching 98% less smugglers than you had been.

I was specifically talking about the location you were talking about, but you got it, I'm gonna assume your numbers about that location were totally accurate...

So now explain to me why the fence resulted in you guys catching 98% less smugglers than you had been.
the fence doesnt catch any smugglers in Yuma. Instead it reduced the numbers of seizures and arrests to 90% because smugglers had to move their ops to less secure area on the border

the fence doesnt catch any smugglers in Yuma. Instead it reduced the numbers of seizures and arrests to 90% because smugglers had to move their ops to less secure area on the border

....so you're admitting the fence did nothing? I'm confused here, what exactly is your position? Are you for the wall, against the wall? Right now all I'm hearing is reasons this fence resulted in you guys catching less drug smugglers.

Just to help out a bit, try to understand this: Catching 100 drug smugglers a day is good border security. Catching 2 a day is bad border security. If you went from catching 100 smugglers a day to just 2, you've become less effective, not more effective.

So what you're essentially telling me is that this specific fence was a disaster.

Well that's part of the plan, to push them to areas that crossing is so hard that it will most likely kill them and still patrol that area by air.

....so you're admitting the fence did nothing? I'm confused here, what exactly is your position? Are you for the wall, against the wall? Right now all I'm hearing is reasons this fence resulted in you guys catching less drug smugglers.

Just to help out a bit, try to understand this: Catching 100 drug smugglers a day is good border security. Catching 2 a day is bad border security. If you went from catching 100 smugglers a day to just 2, you've become less effective, not more effective.

So what you're essentially telling me is that this specific fence was a disaster.
What do you mean? The fence we built in Yuma did its job by prevent & deter smuggling operations in Yuma. Isn't that the whole point of having a fence/wall. Now the smugglers have to conduct their operations in a different area on the border where there is no wall or any natural obstacles.

Back