Dark Souls: Remastered

Meh. Will the last third of the game actually be finished this time instead of a halfassed disaster? If not, hard pass.

It's a shame that Demon's Souls isn't included but I'll still pick this up.

EDIT: $40 sounds about right.

Last edited:
I love Dark Souls but does this really need a remaster? I don't remember Dark Souls 3 being significantly better in graphics.

I love Dark Souls but does this really need a remaster? I don't remember Dark Souls 3 being significantly better in graphics.
DS definitely got over the fact that objectively, it's an ugly ass game, with a fantastic art style.

The DS3 engine is a significant upgrade.

Pretty stoked on this. I've been itching to play it again but didn't want to take out my PS3.

Hope they do Demon Souls HD sometime in the future.

I hope they improve coop connectivity and finish/improve rushed places like Lost Isalith.

I hope that the warp feature stays similar. Part of what makes DS1 stand out is the atmosphere and exploration. Having warp from the beginning of the game undermines that for me. It worked in Demon’s Souls, but not as much in DS2 and 3

Really stoked. DS1 is far and away my favorite souls game.

I hope they improve coop connectivity and finish/improve rushed places like Lost Isalith.

I hope that the warp feature stays similar. Part of what makes DS1 stand out is the atmosphere and exploration. Having warp from the beginning of the game undermines that for me. It worked in Demon’s Souls, but not as much in DS2 and 3

Really stoked. DS1 is far and away my favorite souls game.
They're saying dedicated servers.

The pc port was dogshit, so I'm happy that in all likelihood the remaster will perform much better, like DS3 after it's april update.

God dammit. Looks like I’m triple dipping Dark Souls. Honestly, cant wait to go back.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that yet. I'm getting it no matter what but I can't see how they make that engine work without speeding up the game. Enemy movesets are so much faster in DS3.

It's the main reason I think DS3 is the worst in the entire series. They gave enemies Bloodborne levels of speed yet only slightly increased the player's movement speed. I'd rather just play Bloodborne or Nioh if I want fast enemies and fast action. All the poise/lack of poise weirdness, weapon arts being somewhat underwhelming, grinding for covenant items and miracles sucking really put a damper on the game for me.

Last edited:
It's the main reason I think DS3 is the worst in the entire series. They gave enemies Bloodborne levels of speed yet only slightly increased the player's movement speed. I'd rather just play Bloodborne or Nioh if I want fast enemies and fast action. All the poise/lack of poise weirdness, weapon arts being somewhat underwhelming, grinding for covenant items and miracles sucking really put a damper on the game for me.
I know exactly what you mean. I went back to DS1 after playing DS3 and the movement actually felt less responsive even though the engine is faster because they did something to change when the active frames start. Responsive controls are one of my biggest pet peeves so that aspect of the game is disappointing, especially compared to Nioh and BB.

I much prefer the parrying in DS1 as well. There's no oomph to your parries or backstabs in DS3 and the timing is weird. Now that I think about it, I bet they make Gwyn an absolute nightmare.

I know exactly what you mean. I went back to DS1 after playing DS3 and the movement actually felt less responsive even though the engine is faster because they did something to change when the active frames start. Responsive controls are one of my biggest pet peeves so that aspect of the game is disappointing, especially compared to Nioh and BB.

I much prefer the parrying in DS1 as well. There's no oomph to your parries or backstabs in DS3 and the timing is weird. Now that I think about it, I bet they make Gwyn an absolute nightmare.
They're claiming no changes to the combat. Not sure how they're planning to accomplish that but that's what From is stating.

This is my thought. But then again, I don’t have a 4K tv and can barely distinguish any difference in graphics between ps3 and PS4 at all.

They're claiming no changes to the combat. Not sure how they're planning to accomplish that but that's what From is stating.
I don't see how it's possible either but From has a great track record so I'm more curious than worried.

I don't see how it's possible either but From has a great track record so I'm more curious than worried.
I'm sure tweaks can be made to the engine.

Back