The Guitar Thread.

I see Ibanez now has it's version of the "super playability neck joint" first seen on yamahas.

This is because Rich Lasner designed both the yamaha RGX series and the Ibanez RG series guitars and then made them at fujigen and other japanese factories.

I think the super high end ibanez and yamahas may still be made in japan but they've moved manufacturing to other countries on the lower models.

"lower models" doesn't mean low quality as I've had some amazing korean made guitars.
I believe from Standard RG to Premium RG, that they are made in Indonesia.

The Prestiges are made in Japan, the JCustom Build they have now is made in California from what I understand.

Standard RG's that go for around 700 or so retail or grabbing a used one is the way to go. Very durable and can be a nice little project to swap hardware in and out.

IL's are a little more pricey, cracking above the 1K mark, Premiums and Presiges can be virtually identical in price.

Their S Series Prestiges go for like 2600 in my currency.

I see Ibanez now has it's version of the "super playability neck joint" first seen on yamahas.

This is because Rich Lasner designed both the yamaha RGX series and the Ibanez RG series guitars and then made them at fujigen and other japanese factories.

I think the super high end ibanez and yamahas may still be made in japan but they've moved manufacturing to other countries on the lower models.

"lower models" doesn't mean low quality as I've had some amazing korean made guitars.

I am a big Ibanez fan boy, that all access neck joint is such a big deal for me. I got so used to it that when I started playing some Fender strats it really felt weird.

Have you tried playing on older Ibanez with the tilt joint?Does it feel much restricted?

bvocrtri5ka3ad4szp0w.jpg

Recently got one of these. Love what i've got out of it so far plus i have it hooked up to my Laney 2 x 12 and it can kick out some serious volume. Think i have it just under 1 at most times.

bvocrtri5ka3ad4szp0w.jpg

Recently got one of these. Love what i've got out of it so far plus i have it hooked up to my Laney 2 x 12 and it can kick out some serious volume. Think i have it just under 1 at most times.
Nice, my buddy has one of those, swears by it,

Got this guitar last month plays well after some serious set up!

uPqumP.jpg

hf00Jl.jpg

XgPs1f.jpg

I have one of these in dark purple with EMGs in the bridge and neck position in place of the original pickups.

s-l1600.jpg

Nice, my buddy has one of those, swears by it,

Does he by any chance play doom metal? If not, what does he play? Here in the Washington DC area, doom metal/stoner rock is very popular in the underground scene. This is where Pentagram and The Obsessed both came from.

Apparently Orange amps are good for getting that Black Sabbath type sound that the doom metal bands love.

Last edited:
Does he by any chance play doom metal? If not, what does he play? Here in the Washington DC area, doom metal/stoner rock is very popular in the underground scene. This is where Pentagram and The Obsessed both came from.
Nah, hes more into prog.

Does anyone play acoustic? Here are a few of mine:

Taylor 914ce:

30556996022_75b7be8303_b.jpg

Taylor K26ce:

30374049420_9e249ec516_b.jpg

The Koa is sick on it:

30585787041_c78c35ddee_b.jpg

Taylor 518 Fall Limited:

24991572284_06edfd807c_b.jpg

Gibson Hummingbird TV VOS (167 made):

29913424344_12e8fd4765_b.jpg

Guild Orpheum:

29634508112_2a319d4fbd_b.jpg

Guild D55 and Guild J30-12:

17221244610_8d327d38a1_b.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is an old post, but how goes it compare to a HD-28?

Very different. An HD-28 really sounds best when driven hard with a flat pick. The CEO-7 is a beast for fingerstyle, it just comes alive, an explosive sound. They are such different applications that I don't think of them as very competitive.

Very different. An HD-28 really sounds best when driven hard with a flat pick. The CEO-7 is a beast for fingerstyle, it just comes alive, an explosive sound. They are such different applications that I don't think of them as very competitive.

Sweet. My fingerpicking beast is my Goodall. Not many guitars can top that, but it sounds cool.

I just recently bought an american telecaster and a hotrod deville

Ive been loving it

I know your identity ShinkanPo!

Saw you post this in the RG Series Fan Page on FB. :D

Yep its a big group!! I have my own RG series group too for Filipino guitarists but not too many members yet. I post as Shinkanpo in another local Music Forum but my account got lock out!!

I also post in Jemsite too under ShinkanPo.

Did you saw this vid in the FB group first or here in SD? you probobly got some Dejavu feeling like "Hey I know that fat fuck who trolls some MMA board hahaha"

Last edited:
Strats are the ultimate IMO, especially if you're a guy who likes to do any modding of your instruments.

I remember shitting on Fender's a few years ago (maybe it was even this thread or a previous version). Ordered one on Sunday after playing one last Friday for the first time in years.

<20>

I remember shitting on Fender's a few years ago (maybe it was even this thread or a previous version). Ordered one on Sunday after playing one last Friday for the first time in years.

<20>
Love my strat. I have a Fender Deluxe too. Thats my setup. A couple of pedals- tubescreamer clone and a dynacomp.

I put some new pickups in my strat a while back. I loved the standard strat pickups but could never get along with the bridge pickup.

Back