What do you weigh? Seriously

Weight?

• Total voters
75.5 inches. 204 lbs today (fluctuating between 202 and 206 right now)
a little heavy for now -- swimming weight should be ca 90 kg / 198 lbs or maybe a pound or two lighter. but is all good :)

158 this morning at 5’10. Leanish but not all abs in. Want to be 170 with six pack abs.

Strength goals at that weight are 500 pound deadlift, 185 military, 285 bench, 90 pound weighted chins, above bw oh squats for reps.

Currently at just above bw military, 1.5 bw bench, 2.5 bw deadlift, 65 pound weighted chins at 158 so got a long way to go lol. Do way too much cardio walking the dog. Damn cockaspaniels and their slow metabolisms.

183 cm, currently around 88-89 kg (usually hovering between 87-92). That translates to 6 feet, 195 lbs (hovering between 192-202 lbs).

Ideal for endurance would be no more than 80 kg (175 lbs).

Ideal for strength would be a lean 95-100 kg (210 lbs).

In my adult life I've been as low as 75 kg and as high as 95 kg (165-210 lbs).

Last edited:
6'2" 195ish... I'm pretty lean and sknny, you can only tell I workout if my shirts off.

5’11 338lbs. Blood pressure is in normal range. Not terribly fat just a big motherfucker. I gained a ton of body weight once I started lifting seriously.

I get called Brock Lesnar, Clay Matthews, The Hulk, etc at work and by friends. Even get stopped by strangers to ask how much I bench. Sadly I’m not as strong as I look.

People estimate my weight at 270 but my legs are tree trunks and I have huge calves

5'11 1/2, ~220-225 lbs

need to get down to 200 lbs like I was in my 20's, best I can do in the summer is get down to 210

6'6", 253lbs, voted wrong cos I've lost weight this off season rehabing my patella tendonitis.

I'm the lightest on my offensive line, probably the most effective though. I'm thinking I might stay at this weight and just lower bf this season, improve my power to weight ratio. Being heavier is definitely useful against a 280lb+ DE but my knee is definitely liking the lighter weight and that's probably the most important thing for lasting the season.

Obviously it based by country, but generally speaking 160-180 seems to average. , literally the statistical average of 1st world countries provided you take out extreme variables like obesity and disease. Tell me what you guys think about these tentative numbers.

Average weight among Average Height Sherdoggers.5'8-5'11
<140(Underweight variables considered)
140-150(Below average, but not underweight)
150-160(Slightly under average, but still in the average range.)
160-180(Median average)
180-190(Slightly above average, but still in the average range.)
190-200(Above average, but not excessive provided BF% isn't high
205+(Overweight variables considered)

If you are Shorter then 5'8 or taller then 5'11 add or subtract 5 pounds per inch to get a rough average estimate. Note that differences in diet, ethnicity, country all will add some degree of subjectivity, but you get the idea.
This is dumb as shit.

It's dumb as shit because if you want a standard index to place people on based on their body mass, without taking their muscle mass and lifestyle in account, then just use the damn Body Mass Index, instead of creating a seperate, equally as shitty index.

It's dumb as shit because someone who is 5'11" gets no variance over someone who is 5'8", but someone who is 6' gets a 5lb variance over someone who is 5'11".

It's dumb as shit, because this variance was just pulled out of your ass.

It's dumb as shit, because terms like "heavy lifter" are meaningless, unmeasurable terms.

It's dumb as shit, because height vs weight is a terribly inaccurate metric for determining health and obesity compared to bodyfat %, cholesterol levels, blood pressure, waist/hip/chest ratio, etc.

Its dumb as shit, because metrics like this or the BMI are only helpful in measuring large groups or populations rather than individuals, because of all the above nonsense.

I am 5' 9" and 170-176bs (77-80kg) depending on conditioning and alcohol consumption. Been like that for about 5-6 years now.

In my 30s my lowest weight was 137lbs (62kg) - when I was living in South Korea and eating like a bird- and 207lbs (94kg) when I was just getting into lifting and was trying to eat everything that moved. Interestingly, when I tried to bulk up my lifts didn't increase at all- I think I was already too old to put on muscle that quickly and it was just 99% fat, and what I really needed was to fix programming not to be fat (I was doing SS).

I like the size of my frame when I am 175 or a little higher, but I like the lower body fat I have at 170. As things currently stand if I want to be reasonably defined I would probably need to get down to 160-165. So I guess I would really like to be about 175, but with about 10lbs more lean muscle than I currently have.

I guess I really ought to try to do something about that.

I am 5' 9" and 170-176bs (77-80kg) depending on conditioning and alcohol consumption. Been like that for about 5-6 years now.

In my 30s my lowest weight was 137lbs (62kg) - when I was living in South Korea and eating like a bird- and 207lbs (94kg) when I was just getting into lifting and was trying to eat everything that moved. Interestingly, when I tried to bulk up my lifts didn't increase at all- I think I was already too old to put on muscle that quickly and it was just 99% fat, and what I really needed was to fix programming not to be fat (I was doing SS).

I like the size of my frame when I am 175 or a little higher, but I like the lower body fat I have at 170. As things currently stand if I want to be reasonably defined I would probably need to get down to 160-165. So I guess I would really like to be about 175, but with about 10lbs more lean muscle than I currently have.

I guess I really ought to try to do something about that.

dude, 62kg is brutally low. were you ripped or skinnyfat haha?

i am 6' and 165 lbs. btw. when i was still working landscaping/waste disposal i was around 175. i can't eat much and i don't like to eat much.
nowadays i ride around 100 hilly km a week to work on my bicycle and do some pointless calisthenics workouts here and there.
sadly i got arthrosis in the hip for over 10 years now. so i don't work out with the weights anymore.
but it's ok now. i am weak, pretty fit and healthy. i am fine with it.

1,84 cm, my weight range is usually 78-85 kg (right now I should be around 85 kg but I was 78 kg some months ago, now I have a skinny fat belly...)

Last edited:
almost 6'1 atm round 250 need to get down to 192 at 8% bodyfat for 170 fighting

5'11 and 160 lbs at 11% body fat.

Its dumb as shit, because metrics like this or the BMI are only helpful in measuring large groups or populations rather than individuals, because of all the above nonsense.

BMI works pretty dang well for most people. Studies show that most issues arise from classifying people as normal weight when they have a higher percentage of bodyfat than they should. It rarely has this problem with with classifying people as overweight or obese when they are not. Now seeing how this is the strength and conditioning section you are more likely to run into outliers but that doesn't invalidate the data and its efficiency of the bmi formula. I agree though that bodyfat percentage is a better metric but it just isn't as easy to calculate at the moment.

what you consider is the optimal weight for 174cm. currently I'm 153lbs, I want a bit more muscle but not to much cause I can't cut much weight if the weight in is 2hours prior the fight. Shall I bulk up to 170lbs or stick with my current weight. body fat is 10%.
My reach is only 65,74 inch, so i cant fight really in higher wheight classes

Last edited:
Back