Video. Training my fast lead leg head kick

You implementing Bruce Lee like kicks in your arsenal? What got you into doing lead leg kicks?

I have always had them in my toolkit. But i am a bit rusty. Too much heavy mt kicking last year.

I notice you're not fully pivoted or turning the body over for the kick. In JKD we would call this a snappy hook kick. But there is a version where we fully turn the body and commit, but still fast and bring it back. What many people don't know is a good kick doesn't take much power to KO someone. Kicks are much stronger than punches. If anything, try playing around with the fully committed kick as well. You look definitely fluid and fast! You can do a full mid and straddle split?

This is definitely your best weapon IMO, Frode. It's way better than your punches. Isn't the snappy head kick what you typically won your pro fights with? I seem to recall that from watching some videos you posted.

You seem flexible enough (which BTW for you non kickers is why his kick is fast and easy; single biggest factor in kicking) that you can do it at very close range after setting it up with a jab or something.

Back