Is this what the average person who has no interest in MMA thinks of the sport?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Reaction to youtube video:

GOxu1w.jpg

an average GSP fan, yes.

Yeah they’re a pretty sharp group.

Sounds like homie was projecting his own "fabulousness"

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2397-1386173007-22.gif

Last edited:
Matt W is a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Damn didn't realize Sherdog sensors certain words.

To answer you seriously there is alot of resistance from the African American and Hispanic communities to MMA and BJJ in particular. I'm sure it has reduced over the last couple years but I'm telling you I've heard alot of brothas describe kicking as a sissy move and attacking a grounded opponent as a cowardice thing, now wrapping your legs around the other man to defend yourself? Some will dismiss the whole thing as a joke at that point.

Facebook and YouTube comments are just cesspools.

I thought it was my buddy that wrote that, but on closer inspection I saw it was Matt W, my friend is called Matt H.

Sweaty men with small tight shorts hugging and dry humping each other on the ground = MMA. This is what normal people think.

Either this or roided over muscular men beating the shit out of each other (not too far off imo).

To answer you seriously there is alot of resistance from the African American and Hispanic communities to MMA and BJJ in particular. I'm sure it has reduced over the last couple years but I'm telling you I've heard alot of brothas describe kicking as a sissy move and attacking a grounded opponent as a cowardice thing, now wrapping your legs around the other man to defend yourself? Some will dismiss the whole thing as a joke at that point.

I agree its a common thing I've encountered as well.Where I grew up in the bay area in the early 2000s streetfights were all boxing if you tried to take a guy down or kick it was seen as a bitch move.

Funny thing though is my cousin who is a black belt in kung fu and an avid boxer got into a fight with a local guy that was murdering guys and head kicked him completely cold.......

No one said a damn word lol.

It's just a stupid fucking cultural bravado thing they can't be seen grappling cuz it' gay and kicking is a cheap shot......

Unfortunately for them it' why nowadays the scrawny white boy you used to make fun of and call gay will choke your ignorant ass unconscious.

Some stupid old chool logic persists but yeah.....

I guess that's what you wanna do to Conor's rock hard shift stick. {<jordan}
It's too small. What is that thing 5 inches at best? You are a girl right? Does that "rock hard shift stick" impress you? You better be a girl to talk like that.

Back