The 2017 Heavies Awards - Fight of the Year - Winner: Justin Gaethje vs Michael Johnson

What is your 2017 Fight of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This past year definitely had its fair share of just bleed delights.

Medeiros vs Oliveira
either that, or Elkins vs Bektic.

Cody Necktats vs TJ Dillashaw.
Was a amazing fight and both had they're moments.
I hope to see a rematch after a year or 2.

Last edited:
Cowboy versus Yancy, not only is it fight of the year, it probably is the best MMA fight I’ve ever seen.

Cody vs TJ. One of those rare fights where every second looked to matter, both that skilled. Even though the best fights usually go to 3 or 5-round back and forths.

Cody vs TJ. One of those rare fights where every second looked to matter, both that skilled. Even though the best fights usually go to 3 or 5-round back and forths.
Yeah it was definitely one of the better "edge of your seat" fights this year, no doubt.

Gaethje vs Johnson was insane. It was the perfect end to my betting night too, with Gaethje capping off a few parlays and winning me a cool $3,000.

Gaethje vs Johnson was fucking ridiculous

also its probably the last true to Gaethje - Gaethje fight we're going to get in the UFC

I'm pretty sure Gaethje chin is gonna go realllll quick. its am atter of time really considering how much damage that guys taken in his career so far

Claudia Gadelha x Jessica Andrade

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yancey vs Cowboy was amazing, but I went Gathje vs Johnson. Had to go Gathje because he's got two fights on the list.

I voted Gaethje/Johnson.

It was just an incredible fight start to finish as was JG's fight with Eddie Alvarez. What a great addition to the UFC in 2016.

TJ Dillashaw vs Cody Garbrandt too was a great fight with such high stakes that it was impossible not to get amped for it, and then it delivered in spades. I could watch those 2 fight each other a few more times and never get sick of it, just an awesome style match-up!!

You kidding? Cup would totally destroy Gabi, but Gabi can't be trusted to hit the scales. Word is, Cup of Noodles was practically boiling with frustration.

UnrealisticFakeAdouri-max-1mb.gif

Cup of noodles should be fighting this guy next.

julian-wallace_14jxjilxjhdil1rx9txo4w4d77.png

Yancy/Cowboy got my vote. Entertaining as hell.

All those fights were awesome. Couldn't pick one. Went with my boy St Pierre. He came. He finished. And left just as fast... :)

You kidding? Cup would totally destroy Gabi, but Gabi can't be trusted to hit the scales. Word is, Cup of Noodles was practically boiling with frustration.

UnrealisticFakeAdouri-max-1mb.gif
I just realized that Cup O'Noodles guy = Minowaman

Felt Dillasnake vs. Necktatt was better than the fights in the poll.
Cowboy vs. Yancy was exciting af, but a little too sloppy for my tastes.

Ortega vs Moicano was also a good candidate to be selected.

I honestly thought Medeiros vs Cowboy was better than Johnson vs Gaethje.

Back